Australia vs New Zealand - Kick-Off is 6:30PM QUEENSLAND TIME!

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
I'm 100% with ya BM.

With Kasiano & Bromwich I guess the selectors assumed because their team made the grand final that they would be the form pairing. Kasiano's selection could also be purely politics because of his decision to stick with NZ.

In terms of strategy, I guess they see more balance with this pairing. Kasiano can ball-play and get the Kiwis rolling forward early while Matulino can provide more impact off the bench than others can.

It'll be interesting to see how it pans out in just over 3 hours.

You might be pleased to hear the game will definitely be screened live into Queensland. Over the past couple of years the Tests have been on delay which has really hurt their interest. Maybe 9 thought this game needed all the help it could get?

Last edited:

Alec

International Rep
Mannering is a more experienced Alex Glenn IMO. His versatility always hurt him though, NZ kept picking him in the centres.

On the game itself, I expect Kasiano to drop a few balls. For all the great things he can do, he's also a bit lazy and loose.

Last edited:

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Out there somewhere
I think the reason why Robbie Farah was named on the bench was because there is a possibility of fatigue setting in quicker because of the conditions and because the hooker is on of the most important positions on the team Sheens wants a fresh player on for the whole game. Still think Farah isn't really needed as Cameron can easily play a full 80 in any kind of conditions.

Son Edo

NRL Player
Newcastle
Farah will probably come on in the last 10 minutes, where the Kangaroo's have an healthy lead and the game is well and truly over.

Alec

International Rep
Compare the involvement rates of Slater and Hoffman. Slater is always circling around. Hoffman returns a kick, then just chills.

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
I was thinking the same thing myself Browny but he has. As for Hoffman geez he started off ok but his made some costly mistakes as the match has gone on, dunno if humping his bro coach's leg with words alone will impress our soon to be assistant coach.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
Late try came as a surprise otherwise this game has gone according to script.

Kangaroos start slowly, concede early points before dominating the last 20 minute period. Should be too strong for the next 40, Cronk, JT, Smith & Slater are beginning to string some passes and they'll expose some more holes soon.

Beale has been good, was unlucky to be forced in-goal when it appeared he was taken in the air but other than that I think he's been strong. Hoffman isn't the same player he was when he last put on Kiwi colours is he? Shame, you can see the flashes but he'll muck it up with a bad mistake.

Can Nate Myles get some game time?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DollyHurst

Members online

Twitter