Australia vs New Zealand - Match Thread + Post Match Discussion

Did Rabs just say "they've just put a finger in the dyke?"

Pathetic from the kiwis. What's goin on

Issac Luke is a grub. Hope Watmough kerb stomps his brain into mush

Yah.. Beale can't defend at centre.

Team obviously doesn't help though.

Wouldn't matter who the kiwis had in defense they are all over the shop. They are caught short out wide every team because the inside men can't read the play

How does Benji Marshall never get called up about his defense?

Aye, not a good day in the office for Beale. I thought he made a good starting, a couple of exciting runs, made some good tackles early to force us back but went to custard quickly. Marshall and Nightingale were also useless either side.

Lockyer is still one of the best players in the world, and physically looks like he can handle 2 or 3 more seasons.

Sad really. Lockyer looked really sharp. He has had an outstanding season, what a shame he got injured. Could have been a premiership win.

Would have been a premiership win, I've got almost no doubts about it. Unlike 2008, where I think we still would have lost.

Lockyer on fire and a NZ defense made of Swiss cheese.

Beale looked lost in the centres, and you could see he was desperately trying to stem the flow, but no one allowed him to stick the finger into the dyke...
Glenn on the contrary was one of the better Kiwis, alongside Locke, J. Smith and Mannering.
I wish someone had smashed those two f*cking grubs Packer and Luke. I hope that elbow from Packer and that prowler from Luke come under scrutiny, because it was disgraceful!

Australia dominated and punished their errors with incredible ease.
Lockyer was the best for mine, with usual suspects Smith and Slater running amok, behind a very strong display forward pack Scott, Gallen, Thaiday and Lewis.

I definitely would echo most other people's sentiments that this would've been a premiership if it wasn't for Locky's misfortune. He's going so well, that I'm sure he could easily go another year.

Lockyer was majestic out there today. Kiwis were just woeful in defense. Beale was decent in attack but needs plenty of work on his defense. Glenn was his usual self.

I thought Lawrence and Tonga were outstanding in the centers. We honestly didn't lose much without Hodges and Inglis.

Tonga was great, Lawerence is a Sheens special selection. He is no good.

Brown and Lockyer made Tonga look like a million bucks

Pretty much. I don't think Tonga actually created anything for himself.

Still he did well to pass the ball a couple of times.

edit: I make it sound like he was bad. He wasn't, he was good.

Also good was Alex Glenn, only Kiwi to not miss a tackle (and made the most).

Wasn't a fan of Tony Williams making the team, but he actually did well. Game suited him.

Last edited:
I'm still bitter over Tonga's performance in last year's series. I really rated him as a 'good' player before then but that series made me change my mind.

Don't think the Kiwis could care less about that match, they'll go to the UK and know it'll be a whole new ball game. Same thing happened last year when we flogged them with our B-side in that dead rubber game. Haven't seen Marshall play worse in years and in fact, that's the worse game I've seen Foran among others play. I expect an improvement and for them to really challenge us and the Poms (Wales is a whole other story...) in the coming weeks.

Didn't like the odds of Australia 13+ ($2.15) so doubled it with 6-7 tries for the game ($6.50). I really didn't think the NZ defense would be that pathetic.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Justwin
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fitzy
  • The True King
  • Santa
  • Thelmus
  • Behold
  • broncoscope
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.