Australia vs New Zealand - Match Thread + Post Match Discussion

My favourite moment was when Foran dropped a sitter my 3 year old would be embarrassed about, and he whinged at the ref as though it was the defence moving off the line too fast that caused it...LOLZ

Pffft Foran was obviously still reeling from a premiership hangover.

Mr. Golden Boot was by far the worst player on the field.

Benji played that badly that Rebecca Wilson called overated or something along those lines on sunrise this morning.

How did Packer only get a week? Greg McCallum to the rescue again. FMD.

How did Packer only get a week? Greg McCallum to the rescue again. FMD.

It's a condition that you can't get multi week suspensions unless you are a queenslander or are in a fight - and even then the latter is only in certain circumstances.

I can't believe Luke wasn't even cited. Easily the worst 'missile' tackle of the year.

I can't believe Luke wasn't even cited. Easily the worst 'missile' tackle of the year.

The bloke's a grub. Small man syndrome.

I really hope the Australians find a way to take him and Russell Packer out during the Four Nations. As legally as possible of course.

I really hope the Australians find a way to take him and Russell Packer out during the Four Nations. As legally as possible of course.

They can use the same sort of tackles they used.

The Issac Luke tackle has been deemed legal from McCallum & co.

And the Packer elbow etc, nearly legal as it's only deemed to be a 1 match ban.

Luke should have got twice whatever Packer got.

Sterlo was argueing against penalizing the luke tackle. Good to see JT have a rant about it.

Some poor bloke will have both his knees ruined before they outlaw it

Sterlo was argueing against penalizing the luke tackle. Good to see JT have a rant about it.

Some poor bloke will have both his knees ruined before they outlaw it

Was good to hear Joey in the commentary box saying "it has to go, those tackles have to go". He can see how dangerous it is.

Sterlo's argument about referees having to judge what's dangerous and what's not. #### that. If a player is held up and a third man tackles around the legs, penalise them. Every time. You can pull a man down without taking his legs out. One of the blokes holding him up can grab his knee and lift his foot up to make him fall down. Lots of ways you can do it which limits the risk of injury to the tackled player.

Outlaw the late tackle around the legs.

AND, call held earlier FFS.

Or how the storm do it just wrap the legs up not dive at the legs

Or how the storm do it just wrap the legs up not dive at the legs

Yep. But simply making it a penalty to attack the legs as the "3rd man" in while a player is held up would stop the practice pretty quick.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncosarethebest
  • kiwibronco
  • Astro
  • Cavalo
  • Ffs...
  • Alec
  • Wolfie
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Mick_Hancock
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Dash
  • Dony Eliakim
  • bb_gun
  • Broncorob
  • Shane Tronc
  • Tmac
  • LittleDavey
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.