Australian Open thread

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yes, that's what Wiki says having done my usual 30 second research on such nuffies. Apparently he reached the dizzying heights of rank 192 in singles.

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
30 second research? That sounds like way too much hard work. I prefer to just try and remember things I've heard and regurgitate them, most likely inaccurately!

When did he play? I can't remember him at all, which is surprising given the state tennis is generally in in this country, he was probably still like the number 2 ranked Aussie!

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I watched heaps of tennis back then, but nope, still don't remember him ever playing.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
I don't know much (well anything) about Rasheed as a player but I rate him as a fitness coach. Still undecided about his quality as a tennis coach, but prior to becoming Lleyton's "Coach" he was actually Lleyton's fitness coach and there is no doubt Lleyton was always fit. He has also done the fitness work with a number of other top players over the years. He has also been the one to have taken Monfils from a gangly, skinny 'could be the next-best-thing' to a fitter more built, starting to get the results player that he was being talked about and he only started working with Monfils about 6 months ago.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I'd say Rasheed's fitness prowess came from his Aussie Rules background. Generally football codes are tougher on fitness than tennis. Team environment will do that to someone.

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Definitely Flutterby - if nothing else, the guy himself always looks extremely fit and I've heard nothing but praise about his fitness coaching (although he does look like he should lay off the fantasy tan a little...).

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
QFs:
Nadal def Simon
Tsonga def Verdasco
Federer def Del Potro
Roddick def Djokovic - CHECK

SFs:
Tsonga def Nadal
Federer def Roddick

Final:
Tsonga def Federer

Womens:
Who cares. Just go Jelena go!

One down, 6 predictions to go! icon_thumbs_u

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Djokovic is a beady eyed twit I am glad he is gone.. Roddick is a decent player he is a yank but at least he has a personality.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
He's been fairly under the radar until this point as well. Won't be surprised if A-Rod takes it out

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
A-Rod's been getting some really good write ups for every match. He's apparently looked sensational.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
It would be good to see A-rod get up I'd much prefer someone different win the Open Tsonga is great to watch too I would love him to win it.

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
OK, my confession is;

I'm enjoying watching Dokic play. Tonight and the other night, she actually amkes me stop flicking the channel.

She's such an underdog!!! Go .....tennis...lolz, too far.

Go Dokic!!!

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Forks to Novak Djokovic too. Lucky he wasn't playing yesterday. Quitting because he was losing...disgraceful! Not something we'd cop on Australia day.

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
This is a long bow to draw but I reckon the baseline umpire could possibly have cost Dokic a chance to advance. Twice in the final game this umpire called her shots out when they were in. The second one was at 0-30 and would have given her 3 break points to go to 5-6 with her serve to come.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Sproj
  • Aldo
  • Jedhead
  • pennywisealfie
  • Brocko
  • Justwin
  • Spoon
  • Robboi_321
  • Harry Sack
  • Galco
  • broncos4life
  • Rambstien
  • eggstar10
  • Astro
  • bazza
  • marw
  • Manofoneway
  • LittleDavey
  • Morkel
... and 33 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.