Australian Open thread

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I don't even think thousand island dressing could make her any nicer.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
It'll be a hell of an upset if Jelena beats Safina in the quarters!

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Tsk tsk! Probably needed a spoiler...still early in the turd set on channel Semen in Brisbane.

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I probably shouldn't have stayed up to watch Dokic last night as I'm starting work before 6 this morning... but hot damn! Awesome match to watch & wicked to see her win it at the death like that. Who could've guessed she'd make the quarters?

Hope she knocks off Safina and goes further TBH.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
mick! said:
I probably shouldn't have stayed up to watch Dokic last night as I'm starting work before 6 this morning... but hot damn! Awesome match to watch & wicked to see her win it at the death like that. Who could've guessed she'd make the quarters?

Hope she knocks off Safina and goes further TBH.

I hope she goes on to win it!

How awesome was the crowd? Sure they don't chant like the Greek's and the Chilean's but gee whiz they made some noise.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
Tsk tsk! Probably needed a spoiler...still early in the turd set on channel Semen in Brisbane.

Sorry, mate. TV wasn't free so I was using the interwebs, didn't realise Semen wasn't live. [eusa_doh

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
That's no fun, Semen should always be live.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
That'd produce more trouble than it's worth in just under a year's time. Trust me.

U

uji

QCup Player
Mar 16, 2008
HAHAHAH SEMEN!@!#
Anyway... How good was it to see Dokic win again? Not only that, a great game of tennis all-round. Credit to that russian chick, she is 19, showed a lot of skill and played a good game. Her grunts and fist-pumps did get a little annoying mind you...
The right player won in the end though icon_smile

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
are you guys sure the russian chick Dokic beat was a chick.. I though she was a man... Great win for Dokic she is doing herslef very proud. Hopefully she can recover from her ankle injury and put in a good show against Marat Safins younger brother.

Kris

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Beads6 said:
are you guys sure the russian chick Dokic beat was a chick.. I though she was a man... Great win for Dokic she is doing herslef very proud. Hopefully she can recover from her ankle injury and put in a good show against Marat Safins younger brother.

Haha. I was shocked when the Russian chick that Dokic beat was only 19. She looked really old. :-S

But yeah...it was nice to see Dokic win that one!

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Yep cheers to Jelena. Notice how there are more and more people in her players box every match now (was only her boyfriend and coach until the 3rd round) and her coach and boyfriend are being given Tennis Aust caps to wear? Nice how wininng suddenly gets you a lot of support from officialdom.

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I'm going out on a limb here already... but Nadal will win the men's Aus Open. Still no idea with the females - I seriously don't think S.Williams has it in her. Possibly Safina? Nah, won't say that because I want Dokic to knock her out tonight!

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Nadal is cruising, as he does every year to this point. Then someone actually challenges him in the QF or SF and knock him out. It'll happen again.

Tsonga to go all the way.

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Farking wouldn't mind that, tbh. Tsonga is far and away the best tennis player to watch on earth as far as I'm concerned!

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
QFs:
Nadal def Simon
Tsonga def Verdasco
Federer def Del Potro
Roddick def Djokovic

SFs:
Tsonga def Nadal
Federer def Roddick

Final:
Tsonga def Federer

Womens:
Who cares. Just go Jelena go!

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Beads6 said:
Not only did she look like a dude, she sounded like one as well. And I must say, if I was a professional tennis player and all I did was play tennis and train, I'd be ashamed to look as unfit as her! She must eat a lot of goulash or whatever they eat in Russia to keep up that kind of physique.

Active Now

• Big Del
  • Waynesaurus
  • Aldo
  • Dash
  • broncos4life
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.