Australian Open thread

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Have really enjoyed watching Dokic play, but is it just me or did she not seem quite as into it last night? I can't blame her if she wasn't, she has had a very draining week I would imagine, both physically and emotionally, but she just didn't look as fired up last night as she had in her previous matches. I think had she been, the crowd would have got more into it (they seemed a bit lacklustre as well) and that just might have got her over the line.

Full credit to her though, to take it to a set a piece and 4 all in the 3rd against the number 3 seed is quite an extraordinary effort. Had Safina been the same as she was a couple of years ago, I have no doubt Dokic would have won that match, but she's a different player these days and has really become mentally tough.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Yeh I agree Emma she seemed buggered TBH and just gave it all she got but had nothing left.. Full credit to her she has done a great job and made herself and country proud..

Kris

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I enjoyed the game last night. Such a shame Dokic lost though. :-(

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
What odds Kuznetsova and Dementieva making it all Russian in the womens' semis?

PS: Go the Fed Express! Absolutely pulverised that Argentinian chump last night!

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
QFs:
Nadal def Simon
Tsonga def Verdasco
Federer def Del Potro - CHECK
Roddick def Djokovic - CHECK

SFs:
Tsonga def Nadal
Federer def Roddick

Final:
Tsonga def Federer

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
What odds Kuznetsova and Dementieva making it all Russian in the womens' semis?

PS: Go the Fed Express! Absolutely pulverised that Argentinian chump last night!
Dementieva is my tip to win the whole thing.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Did anyone see the sign about Dinara Safina on the Tennis last night???

It said " how big is ya dick Dinara??"

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
That's classy. Honestly Australian sporting fans are amongst the most crass, low class spectators in the world.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yes, but you also told broncospwn to "take his towels and goats and go home", which is cringeworthy as a minimum, and downright racism at worst. So your judgment is a bit off :P

R

ronnyd

QCup Player
Mar 14, 2008
Coxy said:
That's classy. Honestly Australian sporting fans are amongst the most crass, low class spectators in the world.

You've obviously never meet a liverpool fan!!!!

F

fenomeno

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
haha it was funny to see Safina in the post match interview, hoping the fans show her more support next match, hopefully she goes all the way .

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I thought it was funny when she said sorry to the fans at the end of the interview. Obviously she wanted to win, but she looked so sheepish having knocked out Dokic!

F

fenomeno

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Emma said:
I thought it was funny when she said sorry to the fans at the end of the interview. Obviously she wanted to win, but she looked so sheepish having knocked out Dokic!

Yeah, seems quite level headed, its good she's nothing like her brother as far as temperament goes. [icon_lol1.

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
That's just it though, she used to be VERY hot headed and would crack and choke at the slightest hint of pressure. She's managed to get that out of her game and it's no coincidence that she's now ranked so highly.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Dementieva flogs the horse.

Kuznetsova a set up against Gorilla 2.

Looks like 4 Russian "chicks" in the semis.

Active Now

• Maroon4life
  • Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Harry Sack
  • Strop
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Sproj
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Big Del
  • Stix
  • Broncorob
  • Porthoz
  • Foordy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • kiwi2
  • Dony Eliakim
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.