Australian Summer Of Cricket '08/'09

• Thread starter Major JW Hochstetter
  • Start date
Adam Voges and Callum Ferguson have been called up to replace Ponting and Marsh.

This resting of players has worked well so far, just look at Mitch and pup's form after returning

Browny said:
The last couple of games he's been ahead of the over rate, when the game gets tight you can expect all teams to do it

As far as I knew, in the last game v the kiwis, he was almost 4 overs behind with five overs to go... and he was miles behind in India. Further more the other teams don't seem to have as much trouble as him, nor have previous captains.

To ODIs that is..

How did he not get test player of the year? tsk tsk

What is going on in the selectors minds right now? Do they have any brain cells left?

Honestly why is our best player resting for the next 2 matches we need to win?

Also where the heck did Callum Ferguson come from! Surely Carseldine or North would be in front of him.....or even Katich and Hughes for crying out loud.

I should replace D.Hussey also, he is crapola haha

Clarke and Ponting tied for the Allan Border Medal with 41 votes a piece.

How Johnson didnt get it is beyond me (he came equal 4th with Katich on 30 and behind Michael Hussey who got 38) but Clarke did have a very good year in both forms so I can understand why he was there.

But Ponting on the other hand didnt have a great tour of India and he didnt play that well against South Africa either! Lucky we played New Zealand and Bangladesh a few times, thats probably where he got most of his votes (heavily weighted to the test because of the ratio of games played compared to ODI's).

Lucky for Ponting that bad Captaincy doesnt make him lose points

Touring Squad to go to Seth Effrika named:

Hughes
Katich
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
North
Haddin
Johnson
McGain
Siddle
Hilfenhaus
Hauritz
Bollinger
McDonald

Smith and Prince will available for the Saffas.

Wow!!! They took a punt on Hughes!!! Good fucking on them!

They countered that by selecting McGain...isn't he like 65 years old?

They finally picked a decent squad... McGain is old but he is easily the best spin option in Australia..

I'd tap Johnson missus she goes real well.

gUt said:
Who is the backup keeper in that squad? Katich?

Hughes can apparently.

I really like the squad. Hope McGain goes well and that he can have a solid 2 or so years in the team.

Before he moves to Forest Place and plays bingo...

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • teampjta
  • Xzei
  • Browny
  • Jedhead
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.