Australian Summer Of Cricket '08/'09

• Thread starter Major JW Hochstetter
  • Start date
Stuart Clark to miss South African tour

Stuart Clark's long awaited return to Test cricket could be delayed beyond Australia's all-important tour of South Africa with reports suggesting the key quick's elbow injury has again flared up.

Clark is expected to sit out of NSW's Sheffield Shield match against Tasmania starting today after failing to recover from elbow discomfort following his grade cricket comeback last week.

Fairfax reports suggest Clark's absence will see him overlooked by national selectors who are expected to use the match as a selection trial for the South African tour.

The loss of Clark is a massive blow for the Australians who have already lost pace spearhead Brett Lee for the grueling tour.

http://www.livenews.com.au/Articles/200 ... rican_tour

A shame, though better to spend the time and get his arm right than come back early and bowl pies like he did this summer.

I think the South Africa tour could be another long one without Clark.. He was a huge loss this summer and without the Aussies leak far to many runs.

Gee, Jeb's $50 ain't looking to secure! [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Don't worry about my $50! You just make sure you budget as though you will LOSE IT!!!

Was just at the Sheffield Shield match here in Newcastle between N.S.W. and Tasmania.

Phil Jaques was dismissed early on but Phil Hughes was on about 60 odd when i left. Wandered over to the nets to watch Jaques bat after he got out, he seemed in good touch.

Selectors will have a tough choice to make as to who goes to South Africa.

Phil Hughes, hands down. He's gone on to rack up a 100 Ning. He's been good this year. 762 runs at almost 70, with 4 hundreds for the season...bet the selectors overlook him because he's only 20.

I was leading the chorus not to pick Hughes because of his age due to the fear that the SOuth Africans could destroy him but I think he deserves a shot and is certainly good enough to do the job for the Aussies. If Jaques is fully fit I think the selectors will pick him but a smokey is Marsh he will eventually wear the baggy green but I don't think he is a opener in test matches..

No doubt Jaques will go. So will Katich. I think taking Hughes as well as a third option has plenty of plusses. Just the experience of touring, and getting a go on the tour matches might be perfect for him.

Again in England.

Coxy said:
Phil Hughes, hands down. He's gone on to rack up a 100 Ning. He's been good this year. 762 runs at almost 70, with 4 hundreds for the season...bet the selectors overlook him because he's only 20.

Yeh just got a text off me mate telling me he's hit 130.

Gee whiz he's picked it up a bit since i left!

In the Sheffield Shield, Queensland recovered from 5/120 to be 5/213.

And then lost Love, Noffke and Harris in consecutive balls. Team hat trick (first went to Magoffin on the last ball of his over, then the next 2 went to Dorey on the first 2 balls of his next over).

QLD tend to lose wickets in a bunch they have struggled to build partnerships all year in shield games.. I aminterested to see how the debutant for the bulls goes today.. Another left arm quick.

Beads6 said:
I aminterested to see how the debutant for the bulls goes today.. Another left arm quick.

Was pretty close friends with him at school, haven't seen him as much since. Super talented guy, can swing it and he took 5 wickets for the Bulls 2nd XI a week ago.

Really good batsmen at school (different kettle of fish at this level though) but he's already managed to stay out there for longer than Symonds.

Aussies are doing it again.. Ricky has been crap this summer whether he is batting or captaining he has never delivered when the Aussies needed him.

Clarke gone for a duck... Aussies in all sorts. Can Hussey finally deliver??

Active Now

• MrMoore
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.