Australian Summer Of Cricket '08/'09

• Thread starter Major JW Hochstetter
  • Start date
Warner has to go. He's the definition of a one hit wonder at the moment. Hopes and Clarke should be opening. When Marsh comes back, Clarke can shift back down the order.

And FCB etc, Johnson is still verry hit and miss. Produced that brilliant spell against South Africa to get 8 wickets but has been quite ordinary since.

Also, I think Hauritz deserves another shot in the ODI team.

Yes get Hauritz in the team and play him every game. He is the best one day spinner Australia have. I would be happy to see Johnson play Test matches and let Bracken be the leftie in one day games.

New Zealand bowled incredibly tight in last night's fixture. 3-0 soon, and another loss for this...well...boring Australian side. Too scared to take chances.

It really has been hard to watch the Aussies bat this summer. They do look scared and uneasy all the time. Myself as a fan would much prefer them to go for the big shots rather than chip singles. The kiwis have been allowed to play well by an incompetent Aussie team.

I prefer to think of it as NZ and the Saffas have a crop of good young talent coming through whilst the Aussies are still searching. The only youth we have with any experience is Clark and Johnson.

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/ci/cont ... 89567.html

Now Ponting's been brought back in early, at his request, from time off he didn't want to have anyway. Sensible move, obviously, but the whole situation just highlights how badly Hilditch, Merv, Boony and that other Tassie no-name have handled things since the big changeover in personnel began. One satisfactory innings (the touring squad to RSA) doesn't make a summer - all 4 need to be dropped.

I hope this means Warner is going to be dropped... The selectors are picking blokes on personality not performance of late. I say get rid of them and replace them with Warne, Border, Waugh and Langer

Surely selecting a spinner in the squad is worth consideration. The Kiwis and Saffas have dominated us and both have used quality spinners yet the Aussies stick to pacemen and part time crap... Get a clue you jokers.

They should pick a Krejza type spinner who is younger (not necessarily Krejza) but someone who turns the bloody ball and actually throws it up and leave him in the side in both forms for at least 6 months.

I think McGain will go ok in the tests well I am hoping he does. Ideally he could have been younger but he is clearly the best spinner we have in Australia. There are a few options for a one day spinner one of them is Xavier Doherty from Tassie he is a slow left arm orthodox bowler and a great fielder.. He played for Australia in the 20/20 vs the All star team at the Gabba.

At least we may be a shot for the Ashes - the Windies just rolled the Poms for 51 in their second dig. 7/26 at one stage.

Major JW Hochstetter said:
At least we may be a shot for the Ashes - the Windies just rolled the Poms for 51 in their second dig. 7/26 at one stage.

That's fucking hilarious!

Is anyone else getting gay wrestling instead of the Cricket?

Yay for a delayed telecast! Things are getting better and better!

0/80, finally some sense by promoting Haddin to opener for once.

Now 0/113 off 20, with Haddin starting to tonk them all over the joint. Both openers make 50. Surely they CANNOT possibly bomb this innings...

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Strop
  • Allo
  • Volvo Driver
  • Mighty Bronx
  • porouian
  • winslow_wong
  • simplythebest
  • broncsgoat
  • Galah
  • Justwin
  • Brotherdu
  • GCBRONCO
  • HarryAllan7
  • Fatboy
  • Wolfie
  • Culhwch
  • Xzei
  • Santa
... and 31 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.