Australian team if picked today

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Could you seriously pick any of the NSW players? Simply based on form in Origin?

Frankly this should be the Australian team when all players are fit.

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Tonga
5. Folau
6. Lockyer (c)
7. Thurston
8. Shillington
9. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Myles
12. Thaiday
13. Harrison

14. Cronk
15. Hannant
16. Scott
17. Taylor

Deadset, I can't see a single fucking spot for a cockroach right now.

I'd have Luke Lewis in the side from NSW and that is all they would get IMO.

The only position I see as being an option to put a NSW player in is Boyd's spot on the wing. Boyd out, Hayne in. Not saying it would be right, but that is seriously the only spot I think they could at least put up a half arsed argument for to get a NSW player in there.

Emma said:
The only position I see as being an option to put a NSW player in is Boyd's spot on the wing. Boyd out, Hayne in. Not saying it would be right, but that is seriously the only spot I think they could at least put up a half arsed argument for to get a NSW player in there.

Oh sure, that's what they WOULD do. But based on form in Origin you couldn't pick Hayne over Boyd. Never.

But yes, Lewis would get in ahead of Costigan to be 18th man.

Yeah, Lewis in for Cronk would be the only change I'd make. Lewis is the best utility in the game IMO.

Coxy said:
Emma said:

Oh sure, that's what they WOULD do. But based on form in Origin you couldn't pick Hayne over Boyd. Never.

But yes, Lewis would get in ahead of Costigan to be 18th man.

Even based on club footy form, you couldn't pick Hayne ahead of Boyd.

But, they will.

As long as Harrison was a part of it, I couldn't argue.

Folau wouldn't get picked cause of his defection and Geoff Carr would get his way about it. So Hayne would go on the wing. Otherwise 0 players should get picked.

Boyd should be pick in every rep team and is unlucky Billy Slater is such a gun because he is easily the games second best fullback.

The Brizz said:
Boyd should be pick in every rep team and is unlucky Billy Slater is such a gun because he is easily the games second best fullback.

So true dude, he is amazing at fullback and just as good on the wing IMO.

like how people say you pick lockyer even if hes playing terribly, the selectors will always pick some blues players regardless of how bad theyre playing and how good the Queenslanders are. Gidley will be there, as will most of their forward pack, Hayne will be there, Cooper will be there, Morris will be there, among others. realistically i think you can only expect Slater/Inglis/Lockyer/Thurston/Smith/Civoniceva to be there, as past series where we've dominated has still led to us having only a handful of players in the test teams.

Yeah but that's when we've won a series. This is 5 series in a row! With a nucleus of the same players through those 5 series. I can't see us missing out.

Of course, Folau won't be there for the Four Nations.

Brett Morris definitely deserves to be there. Hayne shouldn't be picked but you'd think he will. Gidley, Lewis and Watmough are the only others with a chance IMO

i really dont see what everyone else sees in gidley. hes a good club player at best but i dont get why NSW HAVE to find a spot for him each year. wing was a far better utility, lewis is a far better utility. gidley is so overrated its not funny.

QUEENSLANDER said:
i really dont see what everyone else sees in gidley. hes a good club player at best but i dont get why NSW HAVE to find a spot for him each year. wing was a far better utility, lewis is a far better utility. gidley is so overrated its not funny.
I really want to say +1231283412123 but I won't.
Gidley is the most overrated hack in the game, absolute myth. He shouldn't be in the NSW team let alone be a captain!

And seirously if he's just going to come on to interchange at hooker or half then Farah is the better option and if he's going to come to interchange anywhere else then Lewis is a much better option too.

If his loverboy A.Johns wasn't assistant coach he would never have been named captain.

That being said as a QLD fan I hope he keeps getting his guaranteed selection. How the hell he makes the AUS team.... seriously I don't know there's so many better utilities that I would have ahead of him on the bench, Cronk, Farah, Lewis to name 3. I know Cronk and Farah aren't utilities but they're better players full stop.

AP: Cooper? Are you saying he should be there or that the selectors will pick him regardless of his absolute worthlessness as a football player?

BTW Mitchell Pearce on the footy show said if the AUS side was selected you would have to pick the whole NSW team.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Mr Fourex
  • thenry
  • Big Del
  • Strop
  • Totally Unr3al
  • mrslong
  • Gaz
  • Bucking Beads
  • Alec
  • Waynesaurus
  • john1420
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • Morkel
  • Kev_Guz
  • Fitzy
  • bazza
  • broncsgoat
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.