NEWS Badel: Boyd never considered quitting

Anyone else get triggered how our supposed captain appears on less Broncos posts than probably anyone else in the starting 13?

Like he's never in training photos or anything.
Err, SUPPOSED captain? I could have sworn he WAS the captain.
Supposed:
adjective
  1. generally assumed or believed to be the case, but not necessarily so
    No, unless alternate universes are a thing he was the captain and as far as we know still is so he's not a 'supposed captain'.

Anyone else get triggered how our supposed captain appears on less Broncos posts than probably anyone else in the starting 13?

no, in fact I’d like to see even less of him

Hold that thought: I spared you this story.

Screenshot 2020 01 07 Broncos NRL Team The Courier Mail

I would certainly love to see this passion that we keep being told about but never see.

Supposed:
adjective
  1. generally assumed or believed to be the case, but not necessarily so
    No, unless alternate universes are a thing he was the captain and as far as we know still is so he's not a 'supposed captain'.

What a useless post

If you say so.

Just looks like he's going around trying to stir things up.

Was snark for the sake of snark
That was kind of my point. Perhaps it was mis-interpreted. I enjoy a repost of witt or insight, but it was simply an insult and uncalled for. I guess mine wasn't much better but I wanted to draw attention to it. I try to be more clear next time.

That was kind of my point. Perhaps it was mis-interpreted. I enjoy a repost of witt or insight, but it was simply an insult and uncalled for. I guess mine wasn't much better but I wanted to draw attention to it. I try to be more clear next time.
Which part was insulting? Is a correction now an insult? Or the act of pointing out incorrect usage of a word an insult?

Is it really that unusual or wrong to use "supposed" in a somewhat sarcastic and doubting fashion? Not all language is intended to be taken literally, but there are some people out there who sure seem to enjoy being pedantic about it!

I believe your posts are intentionally trolling
No. SF writes about Boyd in a derogatory way in every single post that involves Boyd. I was just highlighting that and the error itself. I hope to encourage people to think a bit more deeply so that their bias doesn't spoil everything. There's a guy on YouTube who has half a million followers, he does a lot of digging, grading, earthworks, driveways ,building pads, land developments etc and he's successful. He also massacres some of the queens English and it's horrible and sadly, in my opinion I suppose, it makes him sound poorly educated.

So I wrote a comment when triggered telling him that the past tense of drag was 'dragged' and NOT DRUG!!! Out of all the comments his videos draw mine was answered by the man himself. No, he didn't thank me ha ha but guess what? In a subsequent video weeks later he heard himself say 'I drug that up yesterday' and then amazingly he corrected himself with a chuckle, 'I dragged that around yesterday'.
Does it make a difference? No. Have I changed the world? No. Did I feel some satisfaction? Yes. Is it important? Not at all. Why do you care what I do or write?

No. SF writes about Boyd in a derogatory way in every single post that involves Boyd. I was just highlighting that and the error itself. I hope to encourage people to think a bit more deeply so that their bias doesn't spoil everything. There's a guy on YouTube who has half a million followers, he does a lot of digging, grading, earthworks, driveways ,building pads, land developments etc and he's successful. He also massacres some of the queens English and it's horrible and sadly, in my opinion I suppose, it makes him sound poorly educated.

So I wrote a comment when triggered telling him that the past tense of drag was 'dragged' and NOT DRUG!!! Out of all the comments his videos draw mine was answered by the man himself. No, he didn't thank me ha ha but guess what? In a subsequent video weeks later he heard himself say 'I drug that up yesterday' and then amazingly he corrected himself with a chuckle, 'I dragged that around yesterday'.
Does it make a difference? No. Have I changed the world? No. Did I feel some satisfaction? Yes. Is it important? Not at all. Why do you care what I do or write?
Um. Ohhh kayy...

You're such a stickler for grammar and your "pointing out an error" was really not an error at all but just your miss-interpretation

Huge, I like your insights and posts. However, I do find that by pointing out grammatical errors from other posters it often takes away from the point you are making, or the topic of conversation. I also think it makes people feel less confident from expressing their opinion. If you want to keep doing it that is your prerogative. My personal view is lets be inclusive instead and let it slide.

Last edited:
Um. Ohhh kayy...

You're such a stickler for grammar and your "pointing out an error" was really not an error at all but just your miss-interpretation
How did I misinterpret 'supposed' captain? Rhetorical. He was the captain and as far as I'm aware still is. Move on.

Huge, I like your insights and posts. However, I do find that by pointing out grammatical errors from other posters it often takes away from the point you are making, or the topic of conversation. I also think it makes people feel less confident from expressing their opinion. If you want to keep doing it that is your prerogative. My personal view is lets be inclusive instead and let it slide.

Hi @Bongo I get what you are saying, but I also get where @Huge is coming from too

You may notice I correct poster grammar too (sometimes) and it is precisely because I am horrified at the state of written communication these days, which has come about from 'letting it slide'

As we continue to turn a blind eye, it can only get worse

I don't correct people to make them feel bad, but to point out the mistakes so they are not made again - perhaps not important here, but if those same mistakes are made on job applications these poor folk are no chance

Last edited:

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Big Del
  • Wolfie
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncosAlways
  • Browny
  • Jedhead
  • BroncsNBundy
  • RolledOates
  • phoenix
  • Foordy
  • NSW stables
  • sooticus
  • Mr Fourex
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncorob
  • HarryAllan7
  • Strop
  • Rowdy124
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.