NEWS Badel: Boyd never considered quitting

For all those complaining about repetition and frustration and continual whinging, just remember: off season. What the **** else are we supposed to do. All things rugby league between October and March are just repetitious bullshit. I reckon a few lads on here should go jump on a cricket forum till March.

For all those complaining about repetition and frustration and continual whinging, just remember: off season. What the **** else are we supposed to do. All things rugby league between October and March are just repetitious bullshit. I reckon a few lads on here should go jump on a cricket forum till March.

I was very tempted to get the Round 1 pre-game thread going last night out of sheer off-season induced insanity. I managed to hold back somehow.

I was very tempted to get the Round 1 pre-game thread going last night out of sheer off-season induced insanity. I managed to hold back somehow.
Yeah you probably did the right thing. Would end up getting pretty clogged with the same old off season frustrations. Best to wait till mid Feb.

So what are some potential positives of Boyd on the wing?

Probably already been said, but the best thing about it is it means he isn't playing 1 or 6, and I strongly believe that is better for the team (not because I hate Boyd LOL)

After that, the possible benefits are his presence on the field (IF he is respected by the team, not being dropped could be good for morale) and potentially his communication/defence

Boyd's best position, other than left right out, is probably centre, but that isn't what is best overall for the team

Boyd's not slow (except perhaps laterally), but he's no chance against the faster wingers in the comp. He'll be found out aerially too, and none of his strengths are particularly relevant as a winger.

It's not going to be good when we're going up against the Roosters and he's marking up on Tupou. Especially Souths with Graham.

I don't see any positive with him being on the wing. He's much more suited to centre with his passing ability and communication in defence but then again that leaves Bird out as Isaako is going to be fullback.

He won't come in off his wing, he'll take a knee and stay on it.
As I said a few days ago...

Start him left centre. Let him show what good he is, bring bird off the bench to play that loose forward / backrow ball player role then when Darius makes his Darius moments you Chuck him on the scrap heap and bring in our new little 7/9 Cronk clone super sub.

I actually don't want us fielding the same team in R1 to R16 and R20

I want the team to evolve and fluctuate and build to an epic ending.

No team that isn't the Roosters or Storm can win the premiership with a R1 to R23 best 17. We don't have that genuine marquee player like they do.

We need to build synergy, and you can't get that from stale game plans and lineups..

Momentum will be our X factor. So we need to not peek early

So what are some potential positives of Boyd on the wing?

positives of Boyd on the wing:

- the young team gets a very experienced player to help guide them without clogging up a spine position he has no right to hold.

- he is usually very safe under the high ball, and should be able to swallow most uncontested bombs.

- he’s proved in origin if he is set up well enough he can find the try line.

- he should be a good defensive communicator which would benefit the very inexperienced and defensively suspect rig he edge.

Now I won’t go into the cons because they’ve been pointed out a million times. But I do think the cons outweigh the positives. I’d far rather see Herbie get that vacant wing spot. The guy looked very comfortable in first grade, unlike Coates.

I do think the pros provide enough justification to give Boyd a few rounds to prove himself so when he is inevitably named i will be disappointed but I won’t have a melt down. However if he provides more of the same squid performances I will be calling for him to be dropped and really start to question Seibold’s ability to coach effectively.

In terms of experience - what does that mean?

What experience can Boyd provide and how does that translate into success? Where was it last year?

positives of Boyd on the wing:

- the young team gets a very experienced player to help guide them without clogging up a spine position he has no right to hold.

- he is usually very safe under the high ball, and should be able to swallow most uncontested bombs.

- he’s proved in origin if he is set up well enough he can find the try line.

- he should be a good defensive communicator which would benefit the very inexperienced and defensively suspect rig he edge.

Now I won’t go into the cons because they’ve been pointed out a million times. But I do think the cons outweigh the positives. I’d far rather see Herbie get that vacant wing spot. The guy looked very comfortable in first grade, unlike Coates.

I do think the pros provide enough justification to give Boyd a few rounds to prove himself so when he is inevitably named i will be disappointed but I won’t have a melt down. However if he provides more of the same squid performances I will be calling for him to be dropped and really start to question Seibold’s ability to coach effectively.
I believe a number of other clubs have a different opinion of Coates to you so he probably wont bother you later this year. As for defence you only have to review the games and see where the tackles were missed which created overlaps for Staggs, Isaako and Coates. Remember these kids are learning the ropes and need encouragement instead of being continually criticised for every move they make. The coaching staff have faith in all the young squad so it might be nice if some others could take a leaf out of their book.

I believe a number of other clubs have a different opinion of Coates to you so he probably wont bother you later this year. As for defence you only have to review the games and see where the tackles were missed which created overlaps for Staggs, Isaako and Coates. Remember these kids are learning the ropes and need encouragement instead of being continually criticised for every move they make. The coaching staff have faith in all the young squad so it might be nice if some others could take a leaf out of their book.

Cheers, Seibs.

lol mate, I’m a huge fan of Coates. He has massive potential but he needs to work on his defence. If some desperate club wants **** his development and blood him too early, and he isn’t patient enough to hone his craft in the lower grades here first so be it. That’s just one of the pitfalls of being a club that producers talented youngsters.That threat alone isn’t enough to rush a player who isn’t ready into first grade. Ask Corey Allen or Ash Taylor.

On a side note, you imply I don’t have faith in our young players while quoting a post of mine in which I say I have faith in Farnworth to be a better winger than Boyd and to be first grade standard.

Last edited:
In terms of experience - what does that mean?

What experience can Boyd provide and how does that translate into success? Where was it last year?

Positioning, telling his inside men what to do. His experience is knowing a lot of plays that the other team will be doing and where to attack, Fifi said Boyd was pretty vital in getting him where he was meant to be in attack and defence.

Positioning, telling his inside men what to do. His experience is knowing a lot of plays that the other team will be doing and where to attack, Fifi said Boyd was pretty vital in getting him where he was meant to be in attack and defence.

But he won't be doing much position talk for other players from the wing though.

If he clearly doesn't follow social media nor read the news and media then how would he know about all the negativity being said about him from all the Broncos fans about his performances? Clearly someone is feeding him about his bullshit performances which he clearly has a mental denial. If he remains anywhere on the field in Broncos jersey for 2020 then the coach and coaching staff seriously needs to be looked at as we have a huge group of youngsters who are more than capable of making the Centre/Wing positions their own.

Anyone else get triggered how our supposed captain appears on less Broncos posts than probably anyone else in the starting 13?

Like he's never in training photos or anything.

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • marw
  • broncsgoat
  • Browny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.