NEWS Badel: Boyd never considered quitting

Condoned by whom? I recall any time someone posts something insensitive like wishing injury on a player, there's always multiple people on here telling them to pull their head in, and rightfully so. I have never seen anyone condone ridiculous posts like that on here before.

^^ This. I'm gonna need those receipts, @Huge

With glee! Good weed and shady women down that way, I hear!
It's where all the fun people are. Plus by now they would have figured out how to aircon the place. Anyway back on topic, Boyd is shit.

@Cult3 people might take you seriously if you also chastised people on the other side of the argument for also repeating themselves and starting the same old discussions again, more often than not you will like their posts though which just makes you look like a hypocrite and control freak who can't handle others having a different opinion to your own.

Not supposed to discuss the poster mate. But regardless, a broken clock is right twice a day...

View attachment 6927
Soupy, it wasn't a moderation issue and I don't believe it qualifies as discussing the poster, not in the normal way we use that phrase.

You want hatred, read your own posts towards Morkel in the religion thread. Don't be a hypocrite Huge.

Wishing Boyd an injury, no one condones that. Back it up.

Hating Boyd more than any other player ever? Fair fucking game.

Condoned by whom? I recall any time someone posts something insensitive like wishing injury on a player, there's always multiple people on here telling them to pull their head in, and rightfully so. I have never seen anyone condone ridiculous posts like that on here before.
Maybe that's the problem, noticing the decline? Sure, we've had the odd person say, steady on sport, that's just not cricket but no action taken. If you want to believe the slagging of Boyd was reasonable, that's fine but I don't agree and I believe the staff should have reined it in. Calling Boyd a ****, **** I hate him, he's a pea hearted coward accusations that he was throwing games or not trying, etc. I'm not going to debate this further, it's my opinion that some of the shit was over the top and should have been actioned.

You want hatred, read your own posts towards Morkel in the religion thread. Don't be a hypocrite Huge.

Wishing Boyd an injury, no one condones that. Back it up.

Hating Boyd more than any other player ever? Fair fucking game.
Hatred! Hardly. I reserve that for child killers, child rapists, elderly bashers and murderers and vermin like that including killers in the name of some ridiculous religious claptrap.

Hatred! Hardly. I reserve that for child killers, child rapists, elderly bashers and murderers and vermin like that including killers in the name of some ridiculous religious claptrap.

It was pure vitriol, and far worse than anything said about Boyd. Weak, biased argument you are trying here - you should indeed leave it be.

Did you report it mate?
Soupy, there's never a line I type that isn't scrutinized within minutes so I really didn't think I needed to given that my offerings are treated the same as all others. Anyway, I've had my say and stated my beliefs. Whataboutery won't address the issue.

It was pure vitriol, and far worse than anything said about Boyd. Weak, biased argument you are trying here - you should indeed leave it be.
That's crap and you know it. Mind you I do occasionally drink too much. You'll have to quote me in the appropriate thread( you know, far worse things I've allegedly said) but as Morkel himself will attest I did pm him and apologized and promised to be better and I believe I have been.

That was only a few days ago.

Can recall some pretty ugly things were said in the game day threads as well, the 300 game tribute thread was in really poor taste as well.

Personally I don't want to see these posts censored. I want fans to express themselves and if they happen to hate a player then so be it. However, these things were said and I can see how it can rub people up the wrong way.

Maybe that's the problem, noticing the decline? Sure, we've had the odd person say, steady on sport, that's just not cricket but no action taken. If you want to believe the slagging of Boyd was reasonable, that's fine but I don't agree and I believe the staff should have reined it in. Calling Boyd a ****, **** I hate him, he's a pea hearted coward accusations that he was throwing games or not trying, etc. I'm not going to debate this further, it's my opinion that some of the shit was over the top and should have been actioned.

I agree that people go over the top, but as I stressed earlier, that's no different to any other sports or sporting team forums / facebook pages / sub-reddits in the world. Sports fans are a cruel bunch, generally speaking.

Which rule(s) are being broken in these instances you're talking about? You may think that calling Boyd a shit **** or saying that he's playing like a pea hearted coward warrants moderation, we however, do not.

That's crap and you know it. Mind you I do occasionally drink too much. You'll have to quote me in the appropriate thread( you know, far worse things I've allegedly said) but as Morkel himself will attest I did pm him and apologized and promised to be better and I believe I have been.

You just went on a big spiel about all the CONDONING. CONDONING. Non-existent.

Move on.

Last edited:
So what are some potential positives of Boyd on the wing?

Defence is definitely one, though he’d need a bird type defensive centre inside him to cover his poor lateral movement these days. He could also pass unlike many other wingers. That’s about all I’ve got. I’d much rather see Herbie TBH.

Yeah defence was my first thought - his communication would be a plus, as that has been a huge problem out wide for us.

I guess the cynical take is it keeps him away from the spine and any decision making.

So what are some potential positives of Boyd on the wing?
IMO none. I think he's far more suited to centre. His frontline defence is solid and he can definitely draw and pass for his winger.

Boyd's not slow (except perhaps laterally), but he's no chance against the faster wingers in the comp. He'll be found out aerially too, and none of his strengths are particularly relevant as a winger.

Actually there is one positive - I reckon he'll stay on his wing unlike bloody Isaako and Oates.

IMO none. I think he's far more suited to centre. His frontline defence is solid and he can definitely draw and pass for his winger.

Boyd's not slow (except perhaps laterally), but he's no chance against the faster wingers in the comp. He'll be found out aerially too, and none of his strengths are particularly relevant as a winger.

Actually there is one positive - I reckon he'll stay on his wing unlike bloody Isaako and Oates.

Definitely more suited to centre - but that is pushing Bird or Staggs out, which does not result in a gain imo. He has the experience on Staggs, and currently is probably better in defence, but Staggs needs to play there to improve. He will offer much more in attack imo.

I don't think ALL of his posts are bad or a whinge and I believe Cult is partially correct. I was here for Hunts **** up, I read many posts berating him, hell I gave it to him too. That said the abuse on this forum concerning Boyd went above and beyond that handed out concerning Hunt. I agree that scapegoating and anger has always happened on here but some of the Boyd stuff was over the top, constant and worst of all CONDONED. Statements like:
I don't think I've ever hated any player as much as I hate Boyd. ( quite a few times )
I hope Boyd breaks his leg, blows out a knee etc etc. Variations of that theme.
Condoned. Plain unfiltered hate. Condoned. Due to that tolerance it became the norm on here. Cult is right...at least partially and some of his comments have merit.
I have never seen wishing injury on somebody condoned on this forum. I think I said I hated him after he dropped on his belly instead of returning the ball. I still feel anger over that. There were times out of pure frustration I said things I didn't like, but in the end he continued to disappoint. It wasn't just form, it was attitude and ineffective leadership.

Its natural for people to focus in on players that are causing their team to suffer especially if that player is a senior player with rep honours and the C next to his name. No player should be free from criticism on a forum. So many have copped it on here over the years Reed and Maranta for example.

I don't know what this year will bring for Boyd, I personally think he is done. But if he gets his shot he needs to bring it from day 1. This team can't afford to have a start like they did last year or a finish like it.

I called for his head before a ball was kicked last year, and I will still make that call every game after - https://broncoshq.com/threads/new-captain-new-outlook-for-2019.37450/

Thought his worst year was under Bennett 2018 but he got worse with the new coach in 2019.
I am glad that Seibold watched Isaako tear it up in the 9's and for NZ and forgot about Jamayne's mixed season. The kid is on the up, and can only get better in the position he prefers.
We also need Herbie and Perese in the mix, both powerful runners and will surely provide more output in the meterage and tackle breaking dept.
Boyd's contribution, has been immense no doubt but his time has passed and his presence in the squad only weakens our chances for a genuine tilt at that elusive premiership.

I sincerely hope our coaching brains trust leaves sentiment and emotion out of selections and put forward our best 17 to take the field round 1 to 25. That's all this die hard fan asks for :tallica:

Last edited:

Active Now

• Astro
  • Foordy
  • Tmac
  • Brocko
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Johnny92
  • Stix
  • FACTHUNT
  • levikaden
  • Accept
  • cento
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.