NEWS Badel: Flegler's 1.8m sacrifice to stay a Bronco

Haas is about the worst example. He was signed on his mega contract before he’d even played a game.

Well he had actually already played a game and a bit but he is a bad example to use. He didn't earn the mega contract until after he was signed to it.

Well he had actually already played a game and a bit but he is a bad example to use. He didn't earn the mega contract until after he was signed to it.
Ah I thought he signed the big contract before his debut. My bad.

Ah I thought he signed the big contract before his debut. My bad.

close enough ... even if he signed it after his injury in 2018, he still only had a grand total playing time of something like 30 mins (over 3 games)

There is no way in the world we are giving flegs 600k for a 12m extension. I’d expect this figure to be 250-350k
Give yourself the rest of the off season off badel

I would but I haven't got much left.
Puff puff give!!
[automerge]1576062700[/automerge]
There is no way in the world we are giving flegs 600k for a 12m extension. I’d expect this figure to be 250-350k
Give yourself the rest of the off season off badel
Maybe it's $300k for 2yrs but the 2nd year is a player option , badel just probably forgot to mention that .

Last edited:
Puff puff give!!
[automerge]1576062700[/automerge]

Maybe it's $300k for 2yrs but the 2nd year is a player option , badel just probably forgot to mention that .
$300k makes far more sense. But then again, they did give Boyd $800k and Offa $500k and Flegler is better than both of them...

Fast forward to Lodge's next contract renewal, he might be expendable too.

1. Ponga
2. Coates
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Vudogo
6. Dearden
7. Croft
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Flegler
11. Fifita
12. TPJ
13. Carrigan

14. Walsh/Paix
15. Bullemor
16. Riki
17. Joffa

Something like that. And yes, I know it won't even be close most likely.

$600K for Flegler lol, **** off.

With that being said, I think Haas, Fifita & Flegler should be our top 3 forward retention priorities. Flegler is more important than Lodge & Ofahengaue for our future imo. He could very easily develop in to a Klemmer-clone.

With that being said, I think Haas, Fifita & Flegler should be our top 3 forward retention priorities. Flegler is more important than Lodge & Ofahengaue for our future imo. He could very easily develop in to a Klemmer-clone.

Lodge is arguable, but he is easily the better option over Ofahengaue. Personally I think the club made a mistake retaining Joe the most recent time. He hit his peak long ago, and it ain't no Everest.

Last edited:
Hopefully it's more BS. 600K for him is insanity right now.

That being said, I agree that he's incredibly impressive for his age. I've said it before, but if it wasn't for Haas stealing all the front row spotlights, we'd be going absolutely nuts over him.

wouldn't put it past the titans to offer him overs if there is any truth to the rumor of arrow to the rabbits.

$600k seems a bit steep. I’d be surprised if it is that much.

$300k makes far more sense. But then again, they did give Boyd $800k and Offa $500k and Flegler is better than both of them...
I don't think flegler is better than offa , flegler had a strong first season but he needs to back it up.

So much hate for Ofahengaue?

He's an Origin player, he's pretty damn consistent, and at 500K he may wind up being our cheapest middle Forward of the lot.

I don't think he has the ceiling of some of our other up and coming middle Forwards, but you can't afford to field a team of superstars in every position long term, and at 500k Joe O is hardly going to break the bank and he's going to put in consistently basically every week. When the Sydney clubs come calling for the likes of Lodge, and they will, guys like Ofahengaue tend to fly under the radar and can be retained relatively inexpensively.

If TPJ makes the move to an edge full time, then Ofahengaue being retained will prove to be really important for us long term.

Last edited:
I don't think flegler is better than offa , flegler had a strong first season but he needs to back it up.
But Offa hasn't had a strong any season imo. Everytime he has been in the starting 13 he has ended the game as our worst forward basically. He is too slow defensively and would have to be one of the worst marker defenders in the game.

McCullough is also an Origin player. As is Felise Kaufusi. That metric really isn't worth much anymore to be honest.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Sproj
  • mystico
  • Santa
  • jd87
  • Financeguy
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Griffo
  • Xzei
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • winslow_wong
  • Wolfie
  • Old Mate
  • GCBRONCO
  • barker
  • whykickamoocow
  • Aldo
  • Fatboy
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.