NEWS Badel: Flegler's 1.8m sacrifice to stay a Bronco

But Offa hasn't had a strong any season imo. Everytime he has been in the starting 13 he has ended the game as our worst forward basically. He is too slow defensively and would have to be one of the worst marker defenders in the game.
He was still churning out decent numbers consistently for most of last year, some props take time to bloom. He has a big motor and has a offload and is still only 24.
Many people expect to much especially when we see players like haas and Fifita and to an extent lodge.

He was still churning out decent numbers consistently for most of last year, some props take time to bloom. He has a big motor and has a offload and is still only 24.
Many people expect to much especially when we see players like haas and Fifita and to an extent lodge.
This!

24 is still younger than the peak age for most Props. We lose sight of that so easily now with guys like Haas and Fifita etc. I doubt Joe will get to their heights but he is already a very reliable player and is likely still capable of getting better than he already is.
[automerge]1576111605[/automerge]
Joffa was playing pretty well I thought until he did his knee in Origin, then he seemed to tail off a bit.
He needs to come off the Bench like in Origin. He's really quite good in that role and using him properly in a rotation will ensure we don't burn out the likes of Haas and Lodge too quickly.

Last edited:
But Offa hasn't had a strong any season imo. Everytime he has been in the starting 13 he has ended the game as our worst forward basically. He is too slow defensively and would have to be one of the worst marker defenders in the game.

I'm fairly sure he has won a couple of MOTM starting at 13.

Joffa was playing pretty well I thought until he did his knee in Origin, then he seemed to tail off a bit.

I thought his best game all year was that origin game. I was pretty excited to see if that form would carry over but unfortunately it just seemed to pitter out.

McCullough is also an Origin player. As is Felise Kaufusi. That metric really isn't worth much anymore to be honest.
I can cop Macca but leave Kaufusi out of it. I'd very happily welcome him to the Broncos, not a superstar but a good 'un all the same. Every bit as good as McGuire.

I can cop Macca but leave Kaufusi out of it. I'd very happily welcome him to the Broncos, not a superstar but a good 'un all the same. Every bit as good as McGuire.

Kaufusi is a steaming pile of dog shit.

He's good defensively, but that's all he's got going for him, he never breaks the line (literally, 0 line-breaks in 25 games last season), is below average in terms of running metres, rarely offloads and can't score a try to save his life, even when they're gifted to him on a silver platter.

He's good defensively, but that's all he's got going for him, he never breaks the line (literally, 0 line-breaks in 25 games last season), is below average in terms of running metres, rarely offloads and can't score a try to save his life, even when they're gifted to him on a silver platter.
Yep, like I said, as good as McGuire !

Yeah Kaufusi is a head scratcher. Never really rated him

Stats dont tell the whole story though. At least not the simple ones (metres gained, tackles made etc.) His play the balls were usually slow, the following hitup after one of hitups usually wasn't great, and his marker defence was shit. I'm just saying we have TPJ, Haas, Lodge, Fifita, Glenn already. Paying him $500k when he is pretty average just seemd a lot. Would the performance of a $250k be much worse? honestly, probably not. I mean Flegler and Carrigan impressed me more and were on about 1/4 of Offas $500k. Id have rathered that money go to a super star winger like Sivo.
[automerge]1576115286[/automerge]
Yeah Kaufusi is a head scratcher. Never really rated him
Honestly the QLD forward stocks are pathetic. in 2020, you would think the only QLD forward that would make the NSW forwards team would be Fifita, and he would probably be on the bench... (Frizzell and Cordner starting)

Last edited:
I rate Kaufusi. He's not as naturally gifted as Fifita, but he's got good leg speed plays with the right amount of aggression and isn't completely one dimensional. He rarely gets to run lines at Melbourne. His role is to receive early ball and give Melbourne a good quick play the ball to give Smith or Munster to play off of.

I thought Ofahengaue played really well in 2018 and earned his call up for Origin. If anything he was unlucky it didn't happen the season prior. He's a no nonsense type of player who just churns through the metres, any team would be lucky to have him in their rotation.

I thought his best game all year was that origin game. I was pretty excited to see if that form would carry over but unfortunately it just seemed to pitter out.
That's because he got a nasty gash and was out for a while. He also had his missus to deal with.
[automerge]1576118095[/automerge]

Maybe you can blame that on his no.7

Last edited:
I rate Kaufusi. He's not as naturally gifted as Fifita, but he's got good leg speed plays with the right amount of aggression and isn't completely one dimensional. He rarely gets to run lines at Melbourne. His role is to receive early ball and give Melbourne a good quick play the ball to give Smith or Munster to play off of.

I thought Ofahengaue played really well in 2018 and earned his call up for Origin. If anything he was unlucky it didn't happen the season prior. He's a no nonsense type of player who just churns through the metres, any team would be lucky to have him in their rotation.

Kaufusi IMO is the epitome of a player that would turn into a plodder if he was to leave the Melbourne Storm system.

Yep he was looking pretty good.

Kaufusi IMO is the epitome of a player that would turn into a plodder if he was to leave the Melbourne Storm system.

Maybe so, but he's been one of the better edge forwards in the game over the past three years and does a really good job at giving them a base to work off of. I think he's reached his ceiling as a player but considering he spent so many years as a reserve grader, I can't help but admire the strides he's made as a player.

"Flegler's 1.8m sacrifice to stay a Bronco"

More utter rubbish from Badel - he has not sacrificed that money
2.4mill over 4 years or 600k for 1 year does not equate to sacrificing 1.8mill as he will still earn something over those next 3 years
Badel is an incompetent moron

"Flegler's 1.8m sacrifice to stay a Bronco"

More utter rubbish from Badel - he has not sacrificed that money
2.4mill over 4 years or 600k for 1 year does not equate to sacrificing 1.8mill as he will still earn something over those next 3 years
Badel is an incompetent moron
He's not incompetent (for that reason anyway), it's deliberately written to be misleading.

Active Now

• Midean
  • Allo
  • Justwin
  • Brotherdu
  • Organix
  • broncs30
  • Gaz
  • Sproj
  • Painin the Haas
  • BruiserMk1
  • Manifesto
  • Dash
  • Volvo Driver
  • BroncosAlways
  • Financeguy
  • Rookie Alan
  • Broncorob
  • Jazza
  • Strop
  • bert_lifts
... and 36 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.