NEWS Badel: Seibold won't send Darius to QLD Cup

@Cult3, to be fair, these are other people who have been recently criticized and for some of the things criticized for:

1. Milford - too lazy, fat, overpaid, pea heart, fades in and out of games
2. Siebold - Is a hack, overweight, out of his depth, terrible with the media
3. Isaako - Kicking Maranta, cannot stay on a wing, terrible defense, no pass to save himself
4. Oates - Horrible year, horrible defense, should not have been retained, horrible hands, not a winger
5. Shibasaki - Useless, worst Bronco ever
6. Bennett - Past it, can't build his own team anymore, slides backwards with any side after the first year
7. Bird - Overpaid, injury prone, waste of money, only a centre, needs to be moved on
8. Coates - Horrible defense
9. Glenn - Too small, not needed with the kids coming through now, not even in the best 17
10. Macca - Too slow, not good enough, the game has gone past him, if he is in the side then fans should revolt come 2020, etc
11. Joffa - Overpaid, should not have been resigned, a dime a dozen
12. Turpin - Terrible defense in the halves, cannot kick, stunningly beautiful yet horrifying haircut
13. Croft - Not an organising half, Melbourne didn't want him so there must be something wrong with him

These are all players (and there are more) and coaches who have been criticised in recent times. This is a thread about Boyd, so it kind of opens itself to criticise him once again because there is a lot of disdain towards him for perceived lack of effort at times and seeming refusal to acknowledge he had a bad year. I think it is this point fans are more annoyed about and then it does tend to get blown out of proportion at times.

That said, he is the captain and so there are naturally going to be more articles about him than other players, hence the seemingly constant array of threads bashing Boyd compared to someone like Oates for example. Consider how often Siebold gets bashed on here due to how many threads connect to the coach.

This is probably a reason why it seems (and it is true) that there is more bashing of Boyd than anyone else.

Hope that kind of helps clarify a few things. On this note though, what is the reason you seem to feel it so vehemently stick up for Boyd given you also don't think he is best 17 any longer?

I think the point thats trying to be made is that he's not solely to blame for those instances (some of them anyway). If we weren't being cut to ribbons constantly throughout the season, he wouldn't have made so many errors. I'm sure there are occasions where there were line breaks (because our defensive structures were fucked) where he made the correct defensive read but nobody remembers them because it doesn't support their position.

Well argued point. I also think this is true. There were times throughout the season where Boyd was ok. He was going a little better than people were giving him credit for. One game in particular, he was actually really good.

What else does a fullback do in defence, except be the absolute last line of defence though?

He has a little C, he's held to a higher standard, and if there were poor efforts, that's on him too, sort your team out Darbs.

That’s not his style. He likes to show his disappointment by death staring and putting his arms out.

Well what do you want me to say. There are two blokes on planet earth that doesn't think he deserves to cop it for his rubbish attempt at being a footballer these last two years. He's one, you're the other.
I do believe he should cop it. And he already has, in basically every single thread this year. If it was anyone else (Milford, Seibold etc.) one of you blokes would have stepped in and everyone would be calling everyone else a troll at this point. If anyone has anything new to say then I’m all for it, but it’s all been said and done.

I do believe he should cop it. And he already has, in basically every single thread this year. If it was anyone else (Milford, Seibold etc.) one of you blokes would have stepped in and everyone would be calling everyone else a troll at this point. If anyone has anything new to say then I’m all for it, but it’s all been said and done.

I mean. Milf had his fair share, Hunt got destroyed across the boards, Siebs has been coping it, Isaako cops it. We don't step in unless shit is out of hand. In here, it's not.

There was also the miss on McInness which was a carbon copy of his effort on Bromwich. However, that's the only other time he attempted an intercept.

I agree with the fans on here that scapegoating individual players takes the gloss away from the real issues plaguing the side. While personnel changes are needed for the Broncos to become a premiership force, if they cannot address their defensive structures and lack there of it doesn't matter if they sign up Tedesco and Cook, they won't be a premiership side.

Last edited:
DARIUSMUM

Cool. You’ll be arguing with yourself if that’s your argument because literally nobody is saying otherwise. They were piss poor efforts, but efforts nonetheless.
It's going to be tough to get posters to understand the very simple notion that Boyd tried all the time, tried too hard some of the time but nonetheless was always trying.

Some just want to find fault and don't even have an inkling that they are making crazy and utterly ludicrous statements. It's sort of a mist that settles and clouds their judgement. I think Boyd had a poor season and well may be past sustaining first grade standard but I don't believe for a second he didn't try.

Last edited:
@Cult3, to be fair, these are other people who have been recently
3. Isaako - Kicking Maranta, cannot stay on a wing, terrible defense, no pass to save himself
Black Maranta*

I think the point thats trying to be made is that he's not solely to blame for those instances (some of them anyway). If we weren't being cut to ribbons constantly throughout the season, he wouldn't have made so many errors. I'm sure there are occasions where there were line breaks (because our defensive structures were fucked) where he made the correct defensive read but nobody remembers them because it doesn't support their position.

I can remember one instance, can't remember the game though, where Lodge and Haas made absolutely pathetic attempts to tackle a player which left Boyd exposed. Of course, only one of the three players I just mentioned got slated for it.

I mean. Milf had his fair share, Hunt got destroyed across the boards, Siebs has been coping it, Isaako cops it. We don't step in unless shit is out of hand. In here, it's not.

We have certainly had a post on here wishing Boyd would get an injury that basically would end his career, but people have been pulled up for commenting about Seibolds portly physique. You don't think that's a bit out of hand in terms of the comment about Boyd?

I can remember one instance, can't remember the game though, where Lodge and Haas made absolutely pathetic attempts to tackle a player which left Boyd exposed. Of course, only one of the three players I just mentioned got slated for it.
You aren't the only one who remembers that effort. Lodge was ordinary in that game but Haas had been tremendous and so Haas I could understand but what stood out was the unjust abuse for Boyd and the apparent blindness for the other pairs piss weak effort.

It's going to be tough to get posters to understand the very simple notion that Boyd tried all the time, tried too hard some of the time but nonetheless was always trying.

Some just want to find fault and don't even have an inkling that they are making crazy and utterly ludicrous statements. It's sort of a mist that settles and shrouds their judgement. I think Boyd had a poor season and well may be past sustaining first grade standard but I don't believe for a second he didn't try.
I tend to agree actually, but as I said above, if you're honestly trying your very best and the results and outcomes are still so abjectly poor that people are honestly, sincerely calling into question your effort and commitment, then it's fair to say the writing should be on the wall that your time has come and your best is no longer good enough.

That was the Tyrone Roberts example.

I don't think that's entirely true, Lodge and Haas both copped it but Boyd's effort naturally stood out. It's still a sad sight.

I tend to agree actually, but as I said above, if you're honestly trying your very best and the results and outcomes are still so abjectly poor that people are honestly, sincerely calling into question your effort and commitment, then it's fair to say the writing should be on the wall that your time has come and your best is no longer good enough.
I agree with this but really, that's a different discussion point. I just find it disgusting that people think Boyd isn't trying, treating the game as though it doesn't matter, only here for a payday, holding others back yada yada yada. It is just so annoying hearing and reading about unrelated and untrue shit and seeing it piggybacked on reasonable criticism (even if it's quite vehement or strident)

We have certainly had a post on here wishing Boyd would get an injury that basically would end his career, but people have been pulled up for commenting about Seibolds portly physique. You don't think that's a bit out of hand in terms of the comment about Boyd?

Did the thread descend into 3 pages of people wishing him an injury?

If so, please report, or get back in your box.

That was the Tyrone Roberts example.

I don't think that's entirely true, Lodge and Haas both copped it but Boyd's effort naturally stood out. It's still a sad sight.

****, I still cannot see what Boyd could have done. I don't believe there's a person on the planet who could have laid a finger on Roberts

Active Now

• Brocko
  • The Strapper
  • john1420
  • broncotville
  • Bish
  • Wolfie
  • davidp
  • jarro65
  • Foordy
  • Financeguy
  • Fozz
  • Fitzy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Strop
  • Xzei
  • Evander
  • broncos4life
  • Jazza
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.