NEWS Badel: Seibold won't send Darius to QLD Cup

That was the Tyrone Roberts example.

I don't think that's entirely true, Lodge and Haas both copped it but Boyd's effort naturally stood out. It's still a sad sight.

It is a sad sight, but does Boyd get put in that position if others do their job a bit better? No, he doesn't.

So we are expected to concede 0 linebreaks a season that way Boyd doesn't have to make tackles. That could work.

It is a sad sight, but does Boyd get put in that position if others do their job a bit better? No, he doesn't.

But he was in that position and he managed to upstage both with his 'effort'.

Did the thread descend into 3 pages of people wishing him an injury?

If so, please report, or get back in your box.

I don't feel the need to report every little thing. That's why we have moderators isn't it? A bit like the captain of a football team, Here to set the standards of what's acceptable and what isn't. Shouldn't matter if one person says it really or 20. If it's in bad taste, it's in bad taste.

We have certainly had a post on here wishing Boyd would get an injury that basically would end his career, but people have been pulled up for commenting about Seibolds portly physique. You don't think that's a bit out of hand in terms of the comment about Boyd?
Any comment wishing that one of our players sustains an injury is completely out of line and the poster should have a little holiday (in my view).

I agree with this but really, that's a different discussion point. I just find it disgusting that people think Boyd isn't trying, treating the game as though it doesn't matter, only here for a payday, holding others back yada yada yada. It is just so annoying hearing and reading about unrelated and untrue shit and seeing it piggybacked on reasonable criticism (even if it's quite vehement or strident)
And it comes back to the fact that if it is the view of the coaching staff that Boyd is making mistakes, does not have the agility or has lost confidence, and this continues over a number of games, it is incumbent upon them to address it and if he does not improve. to drop him. Not just him, but anyone in the squad that is going through a slump.

Every thread is about Boyd these days.

Way to spin it to make it look like I’m defending the efforts though guys. He was trying but failed, that’s all. Anyone saying otherwise is incorrect but it’s cool to keep saying otherwise because it’s funny and hasn’t been said a million times already.

Ironically enough, if you want to try and defend Darius ‘There is more to life than football’ Boyd, you claiming he was trying during those multiple failed attempts paints him in a worse light. Because if he wasn’t trying, it would at least explain the absolute abomination we all were witnessing on multiple occasions.

I’m not claiming he wasn’t trying but If that’s Boyd ‘trying’ then there is no other way to explain it but say he is past it and is losing touch with the modern game. Yeah these things happen some of you are saying, but when it was happening consistently every few weeks which has coincided with his massive dive in form since 2018, then of course he is going to be heavily criticised. He is also our most experience player and is one of our highest paid who was also our captain for 2019.

If you can’t work out yet why he is the one copping it all the time then you are beyond reason.

I also hope the claims that ‘Boyd was probably shocked that an opposition player broke the line so easily’ as your theory is satire because **** me I don’t think I have ever read anything more ridiculous on this forum.

Boyd tried his hardest for probably 98% of every game this season, but the 2% where he decided to mail it in were a fucking crucial 2%, and as it's been said a million times, for someone who is objectively the fittest person at the club, and someone who is the captain of the club, and someone who is extremely experienced at the back, and someone who is not forced to defend in the front line and make a bunch of tackles and hit-ups every set, SHOULD have the fitness & mental fortitude to put in his all for every single bit of action that comes his way, offensively & defensively.

Boyd was ‘shocked’ apparently that the opposition player broke our defensive line and he wasn’t expecting it [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

But he was in that position and he managed to upstage both with his 'effort'.

I'm not sure the effort of the other 2 was any better BP. I totally get people having a pop at Boyd. He doesn't make things easy for himself, and a lot of the things he does have a very bad look to them you would have to be blind to think otherwise. At the same time though, I know ( as would you and a lot of others on here ) that if a player wasn't giving 100% or if a player was deliberately not trying, his team mates would be the first to turn on that player. In a team environment, that sort of thing isn't tolerated, yet they all back Darius, so I doubt very much he isn't trying, he just isn't a good footballer these days.

Last edited:
I don't feel the need to report every little thing. That's why we have moderators isn't it? A bit like the captain of a football team, Here to set the standards of what's acceptable and what isn't. Shouldn't matter if one person says it really or 20. If it's in bad taste, it's in bad taste.

We have lives too mate. Report everything you thinks breaks the rules.

I tend to agree actually, but as I said above, if you're honestly trying your very best and the results and outcomes are still so abjectly poor that people are honestly, sincerely calling into question your effort and commitment, then it's fair to say the writing should be on the wall that your time has come and your best is no longer good enough.
There's a bloke at the club who's paid a fair wage to watch the players, analyse the performances and pick the best team every week. He has, or is supposed to have, the detachment necessary to understand when a player just isn't playing well enough any more and to help them remedy their deficiencies or pick someone who will do a better job of it. If Boyd isn't getting the right feedback about his on-field performance or is just ignoring it then it's Siebold's job to do something about it. I can't blame a player for still being picked.

We have lives too mate. Report everything you thinks breaks the rules.

That's fair enough, but it would get a bit silly if every little thing got reported. Surely you know that.

Oh no, people are saying he wasn’t trying and allowed them to score without attempting to stop them. It’s just unfortunate that the 2% was the same time the rest of the team “stopped trying”.

Well seeing as your calling out everyone else for hyperbole, might want to look at your comments more closely. Claiming opposition players were beating 12 other players on the field before Boyd had to front up is a complete overexaggeration.

I didn’t know that 12 players defended in the exact same 20 metre channels on the field. Gee the opposition teams must have been salivating at all that space out wide.

I’d be shocked too cause who could possibly fathom an opposition attack breaking your line when you have a young and inexperienced pack and have one of the youngest squads in the comp? Poor Boyd having to factor that into his game management as a fullback......

Do you have any guesses as to why he turned his back? I have an idea but I'd like to hear yours first.

I’m assuming he was ‘shocked’ that he had to compute that an opposition attack could put in a cross field kick so easily against our side would be my guess....

I can remember one instance, can't remember the game though, where Lodge and Haas made absolutely pathetic attempts to tackle a player which left Boyd exposed. Of course, only one of the three players I just mentioned got slated for it.
It's easier to forgive guys who are making 25-30 tackles a game in the middle for dropping off a few here or there. When you're being called on to make just a handful and you're missing them so badly, it's much less easy to forgive.

That's fair enough, but it would get a bit silly if every little thing got reported. Surely you know that.

Some of our members tend to take it overboard, absolutely. But we genuinely miss stuff, especially when we all work, and if the site is busy, and a thread has moved to multiple pages, a quick skim may miss it. If we think you're going silly with them, we will let you know though.

Boyd is just copping it right now, because it would have been nice of him to retire. We all understand him not doing it.

Believe me Boyd fans, Seinbold will be the one copping it loud and clear if Darius is stinking it up and still getting picked. I don't know if decent is even enough - he had better be outstanding. Otherwise there are better options to go with and Seibold will be booed until our throats are sore!

Active Now

• Big Del
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bb_gun
  • Brocko
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncs30
  • Manofoneway
  • The Don
  • Aldo
  • jd87
  • Foordy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Maddy
  • Waynesaurus
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Alec
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.