BBL|08 Discussion

So if the scorchers beat the stars tonight we have a small chance to sneak into the finals.
We play the stars and then they play the sixers.

Well, they certainly decided to bring their A game tonight with the bat.

Renshaw has proven me wrong, could not believe he was continually selected. The last few games have shown what a stupid decision it was not to play Ross in the first 4 games. There were situations in those games where I reckon we win if he plays. Not only is he a steadying influence in the middle order, but his the best player of our weakness - spin. He is also a gun in the outfield.

Renshaw has proven me wrong, could not believe he was continually selected. The last few games have shown what a stupid decision it was not to play Ross in the first 4 games. There were situations in those games where I reckon we win if he plays. Not only is he a steadying influence in the middle order, but his the best player of our weakness - spin. He is also a gun in the outfield.

Yeah, Ross has been really useful. I think this is his spot, at 5 or 6. I think we tried playing him higher last BBL, and he struggled a bit.

Good guys Scorchers keeping our mathematical chances alive. We can still make it if we beat the Stars, Hobart beat Thunder and Sixers beat the Stars

Good guys Scorchers keeping our mathematical chances alive. We can still make it if we beat the Stars, Hobart beat Thunder and Sixers beat the Stars

There probably isn't much point, they'd just be making up the numbers without Pattinson and Mujeeb.

Baz retiring, probably fair enough, too inconsistent these days.

I'm gonna miss him though, great bloke. Wonder if we can finally get some good internationals next year now!

Probably the right time, although he still offers plenty to this side.
Personally i just think if he (and Lynn) reigned in their aggression a bit it would be beneficial to the teams stability.
Too often they go too hard too soon and put the following batsmen under extreme pressure.

I’m hoping Dale Steyn retires from ODI & T20s after the WC. Even if he’s still playing Tests, if we’re going with a 14 games season again there should be a few windows where he is available. He has a relationship with the Heat after signing on to play 1 game in BBL02. Just think how much better we’d be with Steyn & a fit Pattinson in our lineup?

Anybody know who the International Superstar is that the Heat are apparently chasing ?

Trent Boult is the name going around.

Is McCullum retiring to take Vettori’s coaching spot?

That loss to the stars chasing 134 and in control before capitulating might really bite us.

That loss to the stars chasing 134 and in control before capitulating might really bite us.
Yep. Spot on, we’d be right in the hunt for semis if we had won that one.

FMD this Stars side has some fire power in the batting.

Interesting to see if we can fire with the weight of expectation now our season has a glimmer of hope.

Stoinis is just a machine. Great work by Ross to run him out.

Lalor has been expensive, but his two wickets in his 2nd over got us into great position with the ball, and he's got 3 wickets in total once again + run out from his bowling.

I can see it being a tough chase, hopefully Lynn sticks around.

Last edited:
FMD this Stars side has some fire power in the batting.

Interesting to see if we can fire with the weight of expectation now our season has a glimmer of hope.

The have Stoinis and that’s it. The rest of them did nothing.

Active Now

• Alec
  • BroncoFan94
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • broncos4life
  • Cavalo
  • Sproj
  • Browny
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.