BBL|10 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impressive win by the hurricanes. Now we just have to win our next game and we'll go up the ladder a lot

It will be interesting to see what the make up of the team is when Swepson & Labushagne return to the side. Swepson should be available for Thursday’s game against the Strikers. Labushagne may be held out of that game to rest after the test series.
You would think Swepson comes straight in, especially considering Mujeeb is gone. Labushagne may come in for Bryant if he doesn’t start converting his scores.

1. Bryant
2. Lynn
3. Denly
4. Burns
5. Peirson
6. Wildermuth
7. Bazley
8. Gregory
9. Swepson
10. Steketee
11. Bartlett

x-factors of Morkel and Kuhnemann

Labs in for Bryant the following game assuming he keeps doing Bryant things, or maybe Denly, otherwise I feel Bazley or Gregory might be due for a spell and everyone moves down a spot and/or they become an x-factor over Kuhnemann

Laughlin to be shot into the fucking sun already.

It will be interesting to see what the make up of the team is when Swepson & Labushagne return to the side. Swepson should be available for Thursday’s game against the Strikers. Labushagne may be held out of that game to rest after the test series.
You would think Swepson comes straight in, especially considering Mujeeb is gone. Labushagne may come in for Bryant if he doesn’t start converting his scores.
Bryant looks the obvious target, but Marnus isn't really an explosive T20 batsman.

Maybe Burns moves up to open and we then have Marnus and Denly as the grafters who hold the middle of the innings together.

We'd still have Gregory and Bazley as hitters down the order, but we do lose some of the fire power throughout the batting lineup even though Bryant was hardly scoring big anyway

I like Bryant.

Bats well, fields extremely well..... just the kind of player you want in your T20 side.

To me, the problem seems to be our gameplan. Bryant is obviously the player with the responsibility of getting the innings going....taking the chances, while Lynn finds his feet and (hopefully) stays around for the majority of the innings.

Bryants failings appear more a result of his position in the team rather than his lack of ability.

Last edited:
I like Bryant.

Bats well, fields extremely well..... just the kind of player you want in your T20 side.

To me, the problem seems to be our gameplan. Bryant is obviously the player with the responsibility of getting the innings going....taking the chances, while Lynn finds his feet and (hopefully) stays around for the majority of the innings.

Bryants failings appear more a result of his position in the team rather than his lack of ability.
This way of play was excusable on his first season of BBL. However, I think this is now his 3rd season he needs to start converting those starts way more often.

I said the other week that Steketee and Gregory go for too many runs.

What the deal with Bartlett only getting one over now?

Finally might be able to get our best team on the park (Minus Banton & Mujeeb obviously)

1. Max Bryant
2. Chris Lynn (c)
3. Marnus Labuschagne
4. Joe Denly
5. Joe Burns
6. Jack Wildermuth
7. Lewis Gregory
8. Jimmy Peirson
9. Mark Steketee
10. Morne Morkel
11. Mitch Swepson

Finally might be able to get our best team on the park (Minus Banton & Mujeeb obviously)

1. Max Bryant
2. Chris Lynn (c)
3. Marnus Labuschagne
4. Joe Denly
5. Joe Burns
6. Jack Wildermuth
7. Lewis Gregory
8. Jimmy Peirson
9. Mark Steketee
10. Morne Morkel
11. Mitch Swepson

Would love to have Bartlett in there. But who for?

It's actually a quality side, but unfortunately we are a bit dumb

1. Max Bryant
2. Chris Lynn (c)
3. Marnus Labuschagne
4. Joe Denly
5. Joe Burns
6. Jack Wildermuth
7. Lewis Gregory
8. Jimmy Peirson
9. Mark Steketee
10. Morne Morkel
11. Mitch Swepson

Would love to have Bartlett in there. But who for?

It's actually a quality side, but unfortunately we are a bit dumb

1. Max Bryant
2. Chris Lynn (c)
3. Marnus Labuschagne
4. Joe Denly
5. Joe Burns
6. Jack Wildermuth
7. Lewis Gregory
8. Jimmy Peirson
9. Mark Steketee
10. Morne Morkel
11. Mitch Swepson

I’d go with this side:

Lynn
Denly
Labushagne
Burns
Pearson
Gregory
Bazley
Wildermuth
Steketee
Swepson
Morkel

Bryant X
Bartlett X

If we bat first and are 0-80 odd or 1-90 odd you could bring Bryant in for Labushagne/Denly/Burns at the 10 over mark and let him play without pressure or bring Bartlett in to add some bowling. Otherwise, it’s a pretty strong side.

Last edited:
Stating the bloody obvious here, but jf we lose tonight then our chances of finishing in the top 5 is all but gone.

I really hope we can start putting in some solid performances from here on in, especially now we have a couple of strikeweapons back in the side.

I don’t think we can afford 8 overs of both Gregory and Steketee. They’re each going for 8-10 an over, and a lot of Steketee’s wickets aren’t really the ones we need

Bartlett, Morkel, Swepson, Wildermuth should be be the lead 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Lurker
  • Broncorob
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.