CRICKET BBL|12

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
The rule obviously just needs a minor tweak. If you jump from outside the rope and contact the ball before re-planting your feet inside the rope, it's a six. It's pretty obvious that has to change.
The tweaked it away from that…

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
The BBL may be copping it’s fair share of whacks for the scheduling & lack of playing quality but they’re doing a great job on the ‘game night experience’ side of things.. or at least the Brisbane Heat is.. I went along to last night’s game and the entertainment pre, during & post match was exceptional.. the atmosphere at the game was terrific and the crowd was extremely well behaved..

To top it off, the seats I got three or four rows back from the boundary at approximately deep mid off were $22 each..

Highly recommend going, especially if the Heat play like they did yesterday 😉

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
You mean they offer more entertainment than the ground announcer doing a ‘heyo’ every two or three overs and three kids doing parkour outside the stadium they recruited to dance out of sync?

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
The BBL may be copping it’s fair share of whacks for the scheduling & lack of playing quality but they’re doing a great job on the ‘game night experience’ side of things.. or at least the Brisbane Heat is.. I went along to last night’s game and the entertainment pre, during & post match was exceptional.. the atmosphere at the game was terrific and the crowd was extremely well behaved..

To top it off, the seats I got three or four rows back from the boundary at approximately deep mid off were $22 each..

It's always a good night, they're just wildly inconsistent

You'd hate to go and get one of those games where they scrap their way to 120-130

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
I actually think, despite the bunny hopping, is more of a catch than FMG’s catch earlier in the season. Neser caught the ball easily within the field of play, given that he was in such control he was able to get the ball back into the field of play without touching the ground with the ball or should be a fair catch.
FMG’s catch was actually taken outside the boundary, but because he was able to leap inside, throw it back in and regain control in the field of play, that is more of a catch because he didn’t ‘bunny hop’ over the boundary?

Happy for both to be legal.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Whether the rule needs changing or not, it was a special effort from Neser to not only have the presence of mind but to pull it off and all but confirm the win for the Heat.

Did anything come out about the new ball in the 19th over against the Thunder?

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Did anything come out about the new ball in the 19th over against the Thunder?

I don't think anything did become of it and as a Heat fan I am sitting there thinking "wow, that shouldn't be out and it is".. then I just cast my mind back to the Thunder game and I get the sense that things have a funny way of evening themselves out

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Looks like the BBL season will be reduced moving forward, I think every Aussie fan was hoping that Channel 9 would get the rights to the cricket. I really don't even know if they put their name in the hat

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Thoughts on Zampa’s mankad?

Doesn’t bother me at all, except for stuffing it up.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Initially when I seen Ashwin mankadding I thought it was a dog act and a desperate attempt to win a game of cricket but when they’re a good 2-3 metres down the wicket before they realise it’s time to turn around you can’t really defend the batsman

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012

While it's usually better than a footy game, that game was a special New Years Party event. They won't have Peking Duk and Ball Park Music every match. But credit where it's due for putting on a good show

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Initially when I seen Ashwin mankadding I thought it was a dog act and a desperate attempt to win a game of cricket but when they’re a good 2-3 metres down the wicket before they realise it’s time to turn around you can’t really defend the batsman
Yeah, if they want to play in the spirit of the game or whatever, why is getting a head start on your run not considered a shitty move too?

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Looks like the BBL season will be reduced moving forward, I think every Aussie fan was hoping that Channel 9 would get the rights to the cricket. I really don't even know if they put their name in the hat
Really? You want channel 9 doing the cricket. By the time their rights ended they were stale with Mark Nicholas almost unlistenable, Tubby, Warne, Slater et all spending their whole session dealing in unbearable banter and Chappelli telling the same old stories he had for the previous 50 years.

So, not every fan.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Really? You want channel 9 doing the cricket. By the time their rights ended they were stale with Mark Nicholas almost unlistenable, Tubby, Warne, Slater et all spending their whole session dealing in unbearable banter and Chappelli telling the same old stories he had for the previous 50 years.

So, not every fan.

Tubby was alright, more the nostalgia of it, we all grew up listening to that infamous Channel 9 commentary team

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Yeah, if they want to play in the spirit of the game or whatever, why is getting a head start on your run not considered a shitty move too?

The Ashwin one and the recent Indian women's team one weren't really cases of the batsmen sprinting down the pitch before the ball is bowled, they were idly walking forward and not paying attention to whether or not the ball had been released and by the time they realised they were a few metres out of the crease

It's always been considered a dog cheap way to get someone out, you can do it of course but it won't go down well with the purists. I wouldn't consider India a purist, they're as "win at all costs" as we are, if not worse

Unread

Active Now

• Santa
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Xzei
  • BroncoFan94
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • Stix
  • mrslong
  • theshed
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Galah
  • Midean
  • Brocko
  • KickHaas
  • mitch222
... and 44 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.