OFFICIAL Bellamy extends contract with Melbourne Storm

I'm not even going to address your idiotic comment about me supporting another club. Think what you like, I don't care.

Well, clearly you do. TBH, I like having supporters of other teams here it adds to the place. I couldn't give two shits who you support actually, it was a joke, move on and relax.

Bellamy has a 3 year offer from Melbourne. Bennett has 1 more year after this and wants at least another 2. You do the math, Einstein.

Name's Harry mate and I'm not sure what you're disputing here tbh. I'm addressing why head office is talking to Bellamy....

For the record, I have no position on whether I'd like to see Bellamy replace Bennett. He is obviously widely considered to be a better coach but for 1.7mil or more a year compared to Bennett's reported 1 to 1.2 mil? Is he worth that? I would lean toward giving WB (for Dexter's benefit. Names are too hard for him to read) his last year and groom a rookie for 2020. Maybe KW (Kevin Walters) or someone younger.

But it would take a premiership before I would be in favor of keeping Bennett beyond next season. It's a ruthless business. Just ask WL (Wally Lewis), GT (Gordon Tallis) and..... Well if you believe GT and GL (Glenn Lazarus), I could write 100 names (or initials for Dexter).

.....and that's the big question. I really don't know if he is......that's a big jump in price and I don't think the results would be worth it.

This is a silly argument IMO. Saying Bellamy can't win without his spine and Mal went for the ride is taking away what they did do.
Not everyone could coach the Storm with lessor players around the big 3. Bellamy constantly bought barely NRL level players and extracted the most from them that was an achievement on it's own.
Not many coaches could manage a roster around 3 players and keep that win record.

Mal deserves a lot of credit for 9 wins out of 10. That's bloody hard to do. I don't understand the need to tear down their achievements based on what ifs.

One thing I think we can all agree on is that soccer sucks and literally anyone could coach a team to 13 Premier League titles.

And it is an entirely valid question mark, why isn't it?

WB was always questioned that he couldn't do it outside of the Broncos system, yet he did. If he never left the Broncos he would have those same question marks.

Doesn't make him a bad coach, but it does mean he's entirely unproven outside of the Melbourne system, and in particular, those 3 spine players. That also doesn't mean he can't be good, it just means... You guessed it. He's unproven outside of that.

Seems like you're trying to argue a pretty straight forward fact here.

All I have asked is what you expected him to do about it? If you're asking a question you have to have an answer/outcome you're wanting.

Bennett had already proven himself at Souths so that would be a ridiculous argument from someone. They had no money and they got success just from police recruits and locals.

All I have asked is what you expected him to do about it? If you're asking a question you have to have an answer/outcome you're wanting.

Bennett had already proven himself at Souths so that would be a ridiculous argument from someone. They had no money and they got success just from police recruits and locals.
I'm not even sure what you're on about at this point.

Person a said "You can justify Bennett being better than Bellamy without the multiple clubs argument"
I responded saying that's pretty bullshit since doing it at multiple clubs is entirely valid argument in favour of Bennett. Just like a CEO taking multiple companies to the top of their industries would be better qualified than a CEO who has only ever been within the one company. Who do you think Apple would prefer to sign, a CEO who has made 5 companies successful, or a CEO who has made one company successful?

It's pretty simple logic. I honestly don't think I can spell that out any more clearly.

So creating stability and a cohesive team goes against him? So to be a good coach he needed to sack Smith just for fun and win?
Since you're nitpicking I'll answer the pretty stupid question very directly
  • So creating stability and a cohesive team goes against him?
Obviously not, no one has said that, I said it's a point in Bennett's favour, not a point against Bellamy.
  • So to be a good coach he needed to sack Smith just for fun and win?
Exact same answer as above.

I'm not even sure what you're on about at this point.

Person a said "You can justify Bennett being better than Bellamy without the multiple clubs argument"
I responded saying that's pretty bullshit since doing it at multiple clubs is entirely valid argument in favour of Bennett. Just like a CEO taking multiple companies to the top of their industries would be better qualified than a CEO who has only ever been within the one company. Who do you think Apple would prefer to sign, a CEO who has made 5 companies successful, or a CEO who has made one company successful?

It's pretty simple logic. I honestly don't think I can spell that out any more clearly.

Since you're nitpicking I'll answer the pretty stupid question very directly
  • So creating stability and a cohesive team goes against him?
Obviously not, no one has said that, I said it's a point in Bennett's favour, not a point against Bellamy.
  • So to be a good coach he needed to sack Smith just for fun and win?
Exact same answer as above.

It's not that hard but you're making it hard to muddy the waters.

You expressed reservations about Bellamy's coaching ability until he does without his key players- fair enough no problem. I asked what you expected him to do differently in the last 15 years?

Like I said you must have an solution in mind- should he have left three years ago? Just minus Smith and Slater but still at the Storm would make you think he's solved that for me? Surely asking someone to explain how they want a problem resolved they proposed isn't too hard?

It's not that hard but you're making it hard to muddy the waters.

You expressed reservations about Bellamy's coaching ability until he does without his key players- fair enough no problem. I asked what you expected him to do differently in the last 15 years?

Like I said you must have an solution in mind- should he have left three years ago? Just minus Smith and Slater but still at the Storm would make you think he's solved that for me? Surely asking someone to explain how they want a problem resolved they proposed isn't too hard?

He never really said it was a problem. He was just stating facts.

He never really said it was a problem. He was just stating facts.

Can still think something else should have been done.

It's not a problem but I don't think Bennett should have gone to the Raiders. He only did it because of the QRL. Would have been better if he could have stayed at Souths and better for the Broncos too.

but what is factual is that the former has a better overall winning % and crushes the latter head to head.

how does Bellamy's winning % stack up against Bennett when you subtract his 5 years of cheating ...

how does Bellamy's winning % stack up against Bennett when you subtract his 5 years of cheating ...

Is someone able to do the Math on this? I'm curious to know what his actual % is. Not what channel 9 brainwash weak-minded people to think it is.

That is including games from 2006-2010 as losses?

That's taking out 2005-2010 completely. 2005 is when the cheating started, and 2010 is when it ended.

But if I were to include 2005, the percentage would be better.

That's also taking into account 2018 games and the 2 World Club Challenge games.

That's taking out 2005-2010 completely. 2005 is when the cheating started, and 2010 is when it ended.

That's also taking into account 2018 games and the 2 World Club Challenge games.

Yeah I would just count them as losses seeing as those games are included in his *no. of games coached in NRL* statistics. His win% drops considerably then.

When Cameron Smith was credited with the most wins they included games from the 2005-2010 era yes?

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.