OFFICIAL Bellamy extends contract with Melbourne Storm

I still have no clue if Wayne will walk or not. If there was a quiet deal offered to Bellamy to run recruitment and retention during 2019, its the most ideal situation. He's around the team, can prepare ISC recruits and start planning the 2020 squad - except the fact he will be on 1m+ for such a interim role.

We'd be in the same position financially as we'd need to pay WB out. Rather pay Craig a million bucks a year to add some value than Bennett a million to go and coach the Titans.

Just putting it out there but are we as a club bordering on age discrimination laws here - seems a dangerous game if all we are talking about is his ‘age’ to do the job rather than ‘ability’.

On results alone Bennett’s better than Brennan this year yet nobody’s talking about him!

Just putting it out there but are we as a club bordering on age discrimination laws here - seems a dangerous game if all we are talking about is his ‘age’ to do the job rather than ‘ability’.

On results alone Bennett’s better than Brennan this year yet nobody’s talking about him!

Not when he was in a press conference talking about his age himself

Not when he was in a press conference talking about his age himself

Its not an everyday salaried job. Bennett is in an elite position. CEOs and sort get moved on all the time for succession planning, performance, culture or whatever. Be hard pressed to go down age discrimination because he was hired after 65 suggesting age wasn’t issue then, we want to pick a long term coach in Bellamy for next 10 years and easily argue Bennett has had big missteps this year with loss of faith he can deliver one thing he was hired to do - win a premiership.

If he's getting paid out that isn't sacked. Isn't it irrelevant? Coaches get paid out all the time.

surely we could find a team other than nrl for craig to coach next year? stack it full of our promising youngsters so they can start learning to play bellamy ball and craig can run his eye over them for 12 months....

Interesting at the lunch Bellamy was asked about Origin and he said he coached it all wrong and in his words was too technical and tactical. He said he ran it like a club side and that was a mistake.

But he reflected on the fact that he didn't play Origin and couldn't tap into that part of the preparation like Mal can but that's what is needed.

Bennett was asked did he think Bellamy would always make a great coach- no because he slept in the cold room at the leagues club all day.

He's nearly 70- having a succession plan isn't discriminating it's sensible when you're working with a 70 year old. No different to planning for the end of Thurston- if the Cowboys were blindly pushing on for Thurston to play for five years they'd be stupid.

If he's getting paid out that isn't sacked. Isn't it irrelevant? Coaches get paid out all the time.
Correct, they're on contract, not full time employees. They don't owe them anything beyond the contract dollars.

Some sad news re: Broncos legend Gav Allen in the CM this morning. Not able to read it though behind a paywall. Nevertheless, good luck to him and I wish him a full recovery.

Very sad news.

Jed was always one of my favourite players....tough man.

Hope he gets the transplant soon [emoji106]

The Mole reckons that Bellamy is re-signing with Melbourne.

So we must be almost certain to sign him.

Ps if we don’t sign Bellamy reckon we need to sign Cleary and Cleary asap

The Mole reckons that Bellamy is re-signing with Melbourne.

So we must be almost certain to sign him.

Ps if we don’t sign Bellamy reckon we need to sign Cleary and Cleary asap
Whilst i dont mind either way this is going to be what starts happening...

These “reporters” will start saying hes about to sign for brisbane or melbourne and claim an inside scoop and live off it for years if they are right. If they are wrong they will say he was close to signing the other way then changed his mind last second, then never mention it again..

Its a 50/50 shot that is a win/win situation for them. Australian rugby league media, its up there with the cat in the hat in regards to investigative journalism/inside scoops.

Whilst i dont mind either way this is going to be what starts happening...

These “reporters” will start saying hes about to sign for brisbane or melbourne and claim an inside scoop and live off it for years if they are right. If they are wrong they will say he was close to signing the other way then changed his mind last second, then never mention it again..

Its a 50/50 shot that is a win/win situation for them. Australian rugby league media, its up there with the cat in the hat in regards to investigative journalism/inside scoops.
Oh I agree.

Hence my scepticism.

Active Now

• kiwi2
  • cento
  • Cavalo
  • broncsgoat
  • Lurker
  • Mister Wright
  • Broncorob
  • Jeza23
  • TimWhatley
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncosAlways
  • Strop
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • tajhay
  • Skathen
  • GCBRONCO
  • RolledOates
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.