OFFICIAL Bellamy extends contract with Melbourne Storm

We are fucked if Bellamy doesn't come and Bennett leaves, which looks very likely. As I said, White will have to cop some blame if this eventuates.
Lets just suppose that CB has already agreed in writing to coach the Broncos from next season. Lets say a letter of intent. Everything is kept under wraps. The season plays out so WB and Storm have no idea so no disruption to rest of season for Storm or Broncos. Then at seasons end we pay off WB contract and CB tells Storm that he is off. Storm have close season to find new coach and WB can sort his future out. I keep asking myself if CB was staying at Storm he would have already signed his contract.

Lets just suppose that CB has already agreed in writing to coach the Broncos from next season. Lets say a letter of intent. Everything is kept under wraps. The season plays out so WB and Storm have no idea so no disruption to rest of season for Storm or Broncos. Then at seasons end we pay off WB contract and CB tells Storm that he is off. Storm have close season to find new coach and WB can sort his future out. I keep asking myself if CB was staying at Storm he would have already signed his contract.

I keep thinking the same thing but then I remember that Bellamy loves the attentino and would be getting off on the drama he is making.

I keep asking myself if CB was staying at Storm he would have already signed his contract.

Couldn't you equally ask yourself that if he was coming here he would have also signed the contract?

Couldn't you equally ask yourself that if he was coming here he would have also signed the contract?
No because he hasnt been offered a contract by Broncos. PW has already said this. Thats why I think discussions have been along the lines of you sign a letter of intent saying you will coach Broncos and we will sort out the WB situation. He will already know what any contract is worth.

kinda feels like its a done deal with storm and reason its taking so long is because they are ironing out the contract. especially if its going to be a long contract with different clauses there probably yet to come to an exact agreement.

I will be very very surprised if craig bellamy leaves the storm. he will be there for life or for as long as the storm want him imo.

Are you only interested in proven coaches? If so, if Bennett moves on and Bellamy rejects the broncos who is your experienced coach that you would welcome with open arms? Hasler, Maguire or Toovey..?
Give me Kevvie any day over any of those blokes..

I don't really have an opinion on where we go after Bennett, it will be what it will be. I just don't understand the draw for Walters. I don't see how going from a 37% coach in England, to being an assistant at two clubs, makes him the favourite choice for some people to coach the Brisbane Broncos.

I don't really have an opinion on where we go after Bennett, it will be what it will be. I just don't understand the draw for Walters. I don't see how going from a 37% coach in England, to being an assistant at two clubs, makes him the favourite choice for some people to coach the Brisbane Broncos.
Because he was a good player so must be a good coach, which is obviously far from true given the current elite crop of coaches in the game.

Do not want Walters, and it seems the club agrees which I'm happy with.

Wayne Bennett is now linked to the parramatta eels apparently

Wayne Bennett is now linked to the parramatta eels apparently
WB was asked about Eels and he said he wouldnt welcome an approach. So guess that ones put to bed. If we miss out on CB. We could move WB upstairs and go for someone like Brad Thorne. Not really keen on Walters who has already walked out on us twice. Cant take pressure imo

WB was asked about Eels and he said he wouldnt welcome an approach. So guess that ones put to bed. If we miss out on CB. We could move WB upstairs and go for someone like Brad Thorne. Not really keen on Walters who has already walked out on us twice. Cant take pressure imo

Walters didn't walk out on us the first time.

He was told by Bennett that he can't do the QLD job and remain as assistant coach. Kevvie wanted to keep coaching at the Broncos.

Because he was a good player so must be a good coach, which is obviously far from true given the current elite crop of coaches in the game.

Do not want Walters, and it seems the club agrees which I'm happy with.

It's to do with 2015 when he was assistant coach and in charge of our attack. Plus favourite son etc etc. IMO anyway

It's to do with 2015 when he was assistant coach and in charge of our attack. Plus favourite son etc etc. IMO anyway
Yeah that's fair, I forgot about that lol. Still don't rate him at all as head coach, if the club chooses him I'll back him all the way, but I'd rather Cleary, Bellamy, or... Yeah I guess that leaves Walters or JD.

I keep thinking the same thing but then I remember that Bellamy loves the attentino and would be getting off on the drama he is making.
Umm, it's still June isn't it or is it November/December? Plenty of time, WB signed until the end of next year and Bellamy still has a couple months before he really HAS to decide his future.

Reports on ABC grandstand, Bellamy staying at the Storm.

Badel saying on Twitter that Bellamy has agreed to stay in Melbourne for around $2.1 million for 3 years.

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • Aldo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Dash
  • Morkel
  • bb_gun
  • The Don
  • FACTHUNT
  • GCBRONCO
  • Astro
  • NSW stables
  • Stix
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • BroncosAlways
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Manofoneway
  • Wolfie
  • Fatboy
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.