OFFICIAL Bellamy extends contract with Melbourne Storm

Paul White needs to resign or be sacked this morning.

His handling of this matter has been pathetic.

Now we won’t be able to attract any players because they will have no idea who the coach will be in 5 years time.

Whoever replaces him needs to get on the phone to Cleary this morning and have a blank contract to him today (basically invite him to fill out the money bit).

Fucking useless.

What else could White have done? Someone obviously leaked it in order to further their own position, once that happened it was always going to be damage control.

As to the last part, no player knows who will be coaching in 5 years at any club. Unless you think we should be handing out lifetime contracts, 3-4 years are all players sign for anyway.

I hope we can witness the death of this thread, soon. In my opinion WB doesn't want a lot more time as a coach, he simply wants to finish when he wants. I believe in his plan he has given the board he will offer them a groomed understudy in 2021 and I wouldn't be surprised if it was Kev Walters. I really think WB wants what's best for the club and he will leave the place in great shape. Yes, I don't give a **** about the way he left Newcastle and for mine, very little blame for the shithouse it was can be directed at him.

Jus give the job to Kevvie n stop the f....n buckshot stories. .

I hope we can witness the death of this thread, soon. In my opinion WB doesn't want a lot more time as a coach, he simply wants to finish when he wants. I believe in his plan he has given the board he will offer them a groomed understudy in 2021 and I wouldn't be surprised if it was Kev Walters. I really think WB wants what's best for the club and he will leave the place in great shape. Yes, I don't give a **** about the way he left Newcastle and for mine, very little blame for the shithouse it was can be directed at him.

Like most of us suspect Wayne’s number 1 priority is Wayne which is not a criticism just a reality of people. If it was him stubbornly staying put in 2019 that cost us Bellamy then want him sacked anyway post 2019 (or sooner if another poor season start - he’s used up his owed goodwill last few years) but can’t know what is going on behind closed doors. For all we know Bellamy was just using us to push up his offer or Bennett thought Bellamy would destroy Broncs culture (not that it appears great most of last couple of years). I really like Cleary but think coach has to be a Queenslander. Don’t see there being great succession planning, Bennett has never done it well before so why is Bennett going to bend over backwards to do it now. White has also likely lost a lot of political capital whether he has responsibility or not so he’s in a corner now.

Bottom line is if WB stays another couple of years he has no excuse not to deliver a premiership by 2019 or latest 2020. It’s his team, his staff, his bizarre tactical and hit and miss recruitment choices. He has best resourced club in NRL in a one team town. As for refs and media screwing us - once again we supposedly have the mastercoach and most professional outfit in NRL that provides biggest financial windfall for game - if he and White can’t find a strategy to manage them better no excuses.

Like most of us suspect Wayne’s number 1 priority is Wayne which is not a criticism just a reality of people. If it was him stubbornly staying put in 2019 that cost us Bellamy then want him sacked anyway post 2019 (or sooner if another poor season start - he’s used up his owed goodwill last few years) but can’t know what is going on behind closed doors. For all we know Bellamy was just using us to push up his offer or Bennett thought Bellamy would destroy Broncs culture (not that it appears great most of last couple of years). I really like Cleary but think coach has to be a Queenslander. Don’t see there being great succession planning, Bennett has never done it well before so why is Bennett going to bend over backwards to do it now. White has also likely lost a lot of political capital whether he has responsibility or not so he’s in a corner now.

Bottom line is if WB stays another couple of years he has no excuse not to deliver a premiership by 2019 or latest 2020. It’s his team, his staff, his bizarre tactical and hit and miss recruitment choices. He has best resourced club in NRL in a one team town. As for refs and media screwing us - once again we supposedly have the mastercoach and most professional outfit in NRL that provides biggest financial windfall for game - if he and White can’t find a strategy to manage them better no excuses.

Sounds like Melbourne are the best resourced club now . So over this media circus bullshit...

What else could White have done? Someone obviously leaked it in order to further their own position, once that happened it was always going to be damage control.

As to the last part, no player knows who will be coaching in 5 years at any club. Unless you think we should be handing out lifetime contracts, 3-4 years are all players sign for anyway.

This happens in any normal business the CEO gets the bullet.

Hot tip; what he does is he tells Bellamy that if he comes next year; Bennett gets the boot. He tells Bennett the same thing.

Ps he also rings Bellamy and he says “what’s the number that gets you here”....simple. Brisbane have more money. They win a bidding war.

Simple terms he has completely
Fucked up the succession plan (which should have been in planning in 2016 not 2018).

He sure as shit doesn’t front a press conference saying “we’ll dash me Wayne will be here next year unless he isn’t”.

As for your no one knows who’ll be coaching in 5 years; I get that people can get sacked etc but that’s not planned for. If you sign for a club today, your not banking on a new coach any time soon. Anyone signing for Brisbane knows that Wayne won’t be the coach in 5 years time. ****, he’ll be lucky to be alive.

What we know is:

Bennett deal runs out in 2019

2020 and onwards - no coach

Bennett signs - not a draw card - he’s not drawing players now; so why would that change; additionally, real likelihood he won’t physically last until 2023 etc

Bennett, White and the whole Bronco organisation has handled this professionally, and done as well as you can in an environment that is heavily scrutinised, has people willing to spill secrets to the press, and where one of the 2 coaches involved was only ever using us as leverage to get a better deal

Proud of my club :)

Last edited:
Hold on, let’s get the facts here, all of this has been based on the media, therefore all of this rubbish about White needing to be sacked, hauled over coals, Bennett will walk, Bellamy is a tool, etc must be taken with a pinch of salt.

Don’t believe NRL media ever, if you do, you are just gullible, there is no easy way to say it I’m sorry.

Here’s what we know: nothing more than than White spoke to Bellamy, Bennett said he knew about it and suggested it, White said he did not offer Bellamy a contract, both Bennett and the Broncs were more than happy to have Bennett coaching in 2019, Broncs did not consider Green and the whole reason this is even a thing, Bennett is undeniably getting old.

Here’s what the media have made up / have sourced from a forum - Parra interested in Bennett, Broncs interested in Seibold, Broncs want to sack Bennett, Broncs have missed out on their only option Bellamy, Bennett wants to walk.

ALL OF THIS IS LIKELY EITHER INNUENDO OR MORE LIKELY, OUTRIGHT LIES.

The Broncs have handled this as well as they could given the circumstances, they can’t control what spin the media will put on what is or isn’t said. So much of what’s being said is just speculation and more often, lies.

No doubt opinion is divided, but put me in the "relieved and happy" camp

I did not want that cancer to rugby league who hasn't proved he can win a damn thing without cheating, coaching the club I love

Hot tip; what he does is he tells Bellamy that if he comes next year; Bennett gets the boot. He tells Bennett the same thing.

Ps he also rings Bellamy and he says “what’s the number that gets you here”....simple. Brisbane have more money. They win a bidding war.

Fucked up the succession plan (which should have been in planning in 2016 not 2018).

He sure as shit doesn’t front a press conference saying “we’ll dash me Wayne will be here next year unless he isn’t”.

As for your no one knows who’ll be coaching in 5 years; I get that people can get sacked etc but that’s not planned for. If you sign for a club today, your not banking on a new coach any time soon. Anyone signing for Brisbane knows that Wayne won’t be the coach in 5 years time. ****, he’ll be lucky to be alive.

What we know is:

Bennett signs - not a draw card - he’s not drawing players now; so why would that change; additionally, real likelihood he won’t physically last until 2023 etc

Only one thing you said we know we actually know, Bennett is coach next year, everything else you’ve said, like the media, is pure speculation.

And just on your last point, TPJ has said how many times now that the reason he went to Brisbane was purely because of Bennett.

Another fact, I didn’t want Bennett back and I’m not a fan of his recruitment or retention decisions of Boyd and Bird. I also don’t think he deserves all the credit for that 2015 side and I’m also not sure he is still the best option for the club, so no, I’m not a Bennettite but I’m super sick of the NRL media being taken seriously and given credit, and then people getting up in arms based on these outright lies and speculation.

What we know is:

Bennett isn't drawing players now? There are numerous big name players at the club because of Wayne Bennett.

Hold on, let’s get the facts here, all of this has been based on the media, therefore all of this rubbish about White needing to be sacked, hauled over coals, Bennett will walk, Bellamy is a tool, etc must be taken with a pinch of salt.

Don’t believe NRL media ever, if you do, you are just gullible, there is no easy way to say it I’m sorry.

Here’s what we know: nothing more than than White spoke to Bellamy, Bennett said he knew about it and suggested it, White said he did not offer Bellamy a contract, both Bennett and the Broncs were more than happy to have Bennett coaching in 2019, Broncs did not consider Green and the whole reason this is even a thing, Bennett is undeniably getting old.

Here’s what the media have made up / have sourced from a forum - Parra interested in Bennett, Broncs interested in Seibold, Broncs want to sack Bennett, Broncs have missed out on their only option Bellamy, Bennett wants to walk.

ALL OF THIS IS LIKELY EITHER INNUENDO OR MORE LIKELY, OUTRIGHT LIES.

The Broncs have handled this as well as they could given the circumstances, they can’t control what spin the media will put on what is or isn’t said. So much of what’s being said is just speculation and more often, lies.
Well said Sprojy, spot on mate.

What we know is:

Not drawing players? We literally had arguably our best player who has the very real possibility of being the best forward in the game for most of his career publicly state he came to the club because of Bennett.

In terms of the bolded that would suggest you know very little about the inner workings of an organisation. He would have pursued Bellamy under the knowledge and/or direction of the board, the wouldn't get him the sack.

The only mistake the club made was trusting Bellamy. Trusting he would keep private discussions to himself, although given how he has handled his career so far it probably should have been obvious he would look after himself and no-one else.

To say you are over-reacting would be an understatement.

Only one thing you said we know we actually know, Bennett is coach next year, everything else you’ve said, like the media, is pure speculation.

And just on your last point, TPJ has said how many times now that the reason he went to Brisbane was purely because of Bennett.

Another fact, I didn’t want Bennett back and I’m not a fan of his recruitment or retention decisions of Boyd and Bird. I also don’t think he deserves all the credit for that 2015 side and I’m also not sure he is still the best option for the club, so no, I’m not a Bennettite but I’m super sick of the NRL media being taken seriously and given credit, and then people getting up in arms based on these outright lies and speculation.

We are Bennecolyte's. It's in my signature FFS @Morkel @Cult3

We are Bennecolyte's. It's in my signature FFS @Morkel @Cult3

Ahh so that's what that means, I just thought you guys on here had some kind of Stonecutters society that I was trying to work my way into.

Ahh so that's what that means, I just thought you guys on here had some kind of Stonecutters society that I was trying to work my way into.

We do. No one joins, we just “are”, by virtue of our stance on Bennett, Bellamy, and kids being too entitled these days.

Who controls the Brisbane crown?
Who keeps the Mcintrye system down?
We do, we do
Who keeps Gold Coast off the maps?
Who keeps the Ref conspiracies under wraps?
We do, we do
Who holds back the Newcastle Knights?
Who makes Scott Minto a star?
We do, we do
Who robs Ladbrokes of their site?
Who rigs every Dally M night?
We do, we do

Who controls the Brisbane crown?
Who keeps the Mcintrye system down?
We do, we do
Who keeps Gold Coast off the maps?
Who keeps the Ref conspiracies under wraps?
We do, we do
Who holds back the Newcastle Knights?
Who makes Scott Minto a star?
We do, we do
Who robs Ladbrokes of their site?
Who rigs every Dally M night?
We do, we do
If I could give Reddit Gold, this would get it.

Active Now

• MrMoore
  • westy316
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • The Don
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Dash
  • Lostboy
  • Johnny92
  • winslow_wong
  • GCBRONCO
  • theshed
  • Bish
  • broncoscope
  • NSW stables
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Fatboy
  • Battler
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.