Bellamy in 2009?

Put yourselves in Brian Waldron's shoes. Craig Bellamy has a meeting with you tomorrow and says "I'm going to the Broncos in 2010". What's your first thought?

Me? I'd say straight away "can you truly say you're committed to the Storm in 2009, or will your high standards invariably be distracted as you prepare for your new role?"

Bellamy could not possibly say he won't be partly distracted.

My action would be to release him from next year.

And in fact, if I was Brian Waldron I'd be talking to coaching candidates now with that possibility.

ALH said:
Whenever we target someone we normally get them.

Bellamy is a man of his word and I think he will see out his contract. I can't see him deserting his players like Neil Henry

Yeah Bellamy a man of his word alright. No way did he at least instruct his Storm players to use the grapple, crusher or chicken wing tackles.

Personally I hope Bellamy stays in Melbourne, Henjak is good enough, and use most likely use all the systems that are in place now.

ALH said:
Whenever we target someone we normally get them.

Bellamy is a man of his word and I think he will see out his contract. I can't see him deserting his players like Neil Henry

He's not going to desert them, he's going to bring them with him. icon_thumbs_u And quite frankly he better as well, seeing as the calibre of player he can attract is the best thing he has to offer us.

I'd be happy to give Henjak a chance. Canberra and Melbourne gave Henry and Bellamy a shot and look how that turned out. icon_thumbs_u

With the latest that Ingliss is most likely to be heading to the Titans in 2010 then it's almost a sure thing that Bellamy will be at the Broncs.
Wonder how many more of the Storm guys will be heading North?
This news if it comes into play with Bellamy ,Greggie and co will be a damn shame for the Storm and what they have built down there.

Their problem not ours.
They will always sign players who will want to go home at some stage. Until they start some junior development down there we will always here them whinge.

No it is a problem for us as it will be a problem for league.We are going backwards as it is compared to AFL.
Storm brings more than just NSW&Qld.
The interest built down there will have to be rebuilt and that won't be easy.

I don't want Bellamy and his dirty tactics at our club

So how long do we molly coddle them?

FFS they were handed a premiership in the beginning, now they have won another and appeared in one more. If they haven't developed enough interest by now to get through a rough patch or two, then its time to shift them off to Perth.

Send them to Perth for all I care.
I am one among many who wants this game to go National.Really though by destroying the Storm(not the Broncs fault and may not happen)we are just bringing the game backwards.

Who would be their coach.Maybe Brownie?Murray?
Where are they going to get the players that will replace the ones that they may lose?Under Bellamy they would have a chance of replacing but with a new coach I dont know if this is going to be easy.Who really wants to live in Melbourne?
This is AFL strong territory and they have made a name for themselves.

Don't agree with you they were handed premierships either.
They deserved each one of them just as we deserved the one we got by beating them in 06.

Maybe it is time for the selfish of Sydney to amalgamate somewhere along the line.

This is all purely IF!!.Is my guess though that with players talking of leaving when Bellamys contract is up that he will be the man.

bfoord said:
I'd be happy to give Henjak a chance. Canberra and Melbourne gave Henry and Bellamy a shot and look how that turned out. icon_thumbs_u
Yep, I'm gunning for Henjak....he's doing a lot of the work over at Red Hill atm, Bellamy was in the same role as Henjak when the Storm grabbed him, so why wouldn't Henjak be just as good? Plus the players already know him and his style etc. I hope they go with Henjak over Bellamy!!

Kee said:
Send them to Perth for all I care.
I am one among many who wants this game to go National.Really though by destroying the Storm(not the Broncs fault and may not happen)we are just bringing the game backwards.

Who would be their coach.Maybe Brownie?Murray?
Where are they going to get the players that will replace the ones that they may lose?Under Bellamy they would have a chance of replacing but with a new coach I dont know if this is going to be easy.Who really wants to live in Melbourne?
This is AFL strong territory and they have made a name for themselves.

Don't agree with you they were handed premierships either.
They deserved each one of them just as we deserved the one we got by beating them in 06.

Maybe it is time for the selfish of Sydney to amalgamate somewhere along the line.

This is all purely IF!!.Is my guess though that with players talking of leaving when Bellamys contract is up that he will be the man.

So are we destroyed with WB leaving? Were we destroyed when webcke left, or god knows how many other players?

This is my point. How long do we have to molly coddle the satorm before they have to deal with the same stuff every other club goes through.

If they haven't developed a fan base that will stick with them when times get a bit tough, then maybe they are a waste of time yea?

That is my point.

Bellamy's head was on the telly again today, stating he's rock solid with the Storm until his contract expires and that Brisbane apparently haven't approached him as yet.

Major JW Hochstetter said:
Bellamy's head was on the telly again today, stating he's rock solid with the Storm until his contract expires and that Brisbane apparently haven't approached him as yet.

Yeah he will say that but won't commit his future to Melb beyond that year - ask yourself why he wouldn't just extend his contract and end the speculation. I am sure he would have been asked by his players.

We would have offered him a deal, I love the silence from both parties, trying to keep it all hush hush. It is a done deal!

There probably just trying to sort out if he can come in 09.

Yeah, it seems to be the standard line of a soon to be deaprting coach these days.

Major JW Hochstetter said:
Yeah, it seems to be the standard line of a soon to be deaprting coach these days.

The other issue on our side is his kids live in Brissy still and he has expressed his desire to be close to them, given he has been away for 6 years.

He could be just playing with out heads, like Bennett with the Roosters.

We can only hope that scheming, cheating **** doesn't come anywhere near our noble club.

Bellamy - the lawyer's coach.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.