Bellamy in 2009?

There's a thread on LU stating that 2SM (Mark Geyer and co) have just announced that Bellamy will make public as soon as tomorrow that he will be coaching us as of next season.

Major JW Hochstetter said:
There's a thread on LU stating that 2SM (Mark Geyer and co) have just announced that Bellamy will make public as soon as tomorrow that he will be coaching us as of next season.

Wow! If thats true I am ecstatic that we won't have to use an interim. Brian Waldron will be balling in his corn flakes if this is true [icon_lol1.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
[quote="Major JW Hochstetter":cusbzt6f]There's a thread on LU stating that 2SM (Mark Geyer and co) have just announced that Bellamy will make public as soon as tomorrow that he will be coaching us as of next season.

Wow! If thats true I am ecstatic that we won't have to use an interim. Brian Waldron will be balling in his corn flakes if this is true [icon_lol1.[/quote:cusbzt6f]

"Sooky sooky la la!"

Golden haha [icon_razz1 [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

What a primary school call!

Hell yeah I hope he's hear next year!! I really worried about next year wihtout bennett but bellamy coming here in 09 would be awesome!!

If Bellamy did come next year it would probably help with retaining players...and also recruitment. I'm sure a lot of players want to play under the coach of the year.

No chance of Brian Waldron letting Bellamy go early. Waldron would chuck a massive tanty, spit the dummy and get sent to his room without dinner.

[icon_evillaugh

I'm told the Broncos are number three on his enemies list. Just after Denis Fitzgerald and early bedtimes.

You guys are crazy.

I'd take Bellamy in an instant.

There is no direct proof that Bellamy coaches underarm tactics.

It is just funny the spotlight is centered on them because they were the premiers last year and no one could touch them. Tall poppy syndrome?

You guys can be happy fumbling around in mediocrity, I'd choose the best and the best is Bellamy.

Renegade said:

LOL, ok. I'll take the word of former players personally. If the tactics are coached, which they clearly are, then it's Bellamy's responsibility as head coach.

Coxy said:
Renegade said:

LOL, ok. I'll take the word of former players personally. If the tactics are coached, which they clearly are, then it's Bellamy's responsibility as head coach.
Was he paid any money to speak out?

Maybe his profile needed some boosting? TBH I hadn't even heard of this alleged storm player until he "bravely spoke out".

If you think Melb are the only club that uses similar tactics, you need to take off your biased shades and have a look.

What's the difference between someone that finished 15th using it, and someone who finished 1st? Success.

He's been offered 2.4 Million from the Storm to re-sign for 4 years apparently.

The team that wins with it pioneered it and uses it to gain significant advantage.

Look I won't argue if the Broncos get Bellamy as coach. He just better not use the same gutter tactics that seem to be acceptable in the land where they laud a game with off the ball rubbish happening constantly. It's probably why they don't mind this wrestling crap.

Coxy said:
The team that wins with it pioneered it and uses it to gain significant advantage.

Look I won't argue if the Broncos get Bellamy as coach. He just better not use the same gutter tactics that seem to be acceptable in the land where they laud a game with off the ball rubbish happening constantly. It's probably why they don't mind this wrestling crap.
I find it very difficult to believe that Melb were the first instigators of it.

I'm not saying they weren't involved early on, but for them to somehow be the only club to say, hey let's use these wrestling manoeuvres in order to first and foremost hurt a player, I find a bit sadistic.

Bellamy has just found an edge for his team, taken the wrestling further. Beyond that he has done wonders for Melb and developed fringe players into rep stars.

The wrestling days is directly linked to surrender tackle days when they came into the game.

Bruno should just offer Bellamy whatever he wants.

Renegade said:
You guys are crazy.

It is just funny the spotlight is centered on them because they were the premiers last year and no one could touch them. Tall poppy syndrome?

You guys can be happy fumbling around in mediocrity, I'd choose the best and the best is Bellamy.

CLint Newton just got charged for a chicken wing tackle in Super League. And who did he play for?

The evidence just keeps piling up. I hope Bellamy stays in Melbourne.

Spud said:
Renegade said:
You guys are crazy.

CLint Newton just got charged for a chicken wing tackle in Super League. And who did he play for?

The evidence just keeps piling up. I hope Bellamy stays in Melbourne.
Clint Newton also played for Newcastle?

So are we to assume that every player who has ever played for Melb, past or present, is involved?

Guess we better get used to it regardless because Folau's coming here next year!

Active Now

• BooKhaki
  • Xzei
  • IceWorks
  • Sproj
  • Tim K
  • cento
  • Santa
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • Alec
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • RolledOates
  • Big Del
  • Dash
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.