Bellamy in 2009?

I thought this was starting a campaign eusa_think

Bruno reads this forum doesn't he? Surely if he sees you and me and the others don't want Bellamy then that will be the end of it icon_thumbs_u

Flutterby said:
Bruno reads this forum doesn't he? Surely if he sees you and me and the others don't want Bellamy then that will be the end of it icon_thumbs_u

Agree that's all the convincing he needs. Bruno if you're reading mate, PM either me or Flutterby and we will talk further icon_thumbs_u

Jebadude said:
Flutterby said:

Agree that's all the convincing he needs. Bruno if you're reading mate, PM either me or Flutterby and we will talk further icon_thumbs_u

Damn straight. I'm happy to do the negotiating with Henjak and Materson on behalf of the club.

Bruno is reading?

You still haven't picked up your dry cleaning.

Kee said:
ALH said:
Major JW Hochstetter said:
Yeah, it seems to be the standard line of a soon to be deaprting coach these days.

The other issue on our side is his kids live in Brissy still and he has expressed his desire to be close to them, given he has been away for 6 years.

Not like they are babies.
Global families these days and you don't live next door to your kids once they grow up nor they you in most cases.Weak excuse. [icon_thumbs_do

Remember Family is the same reason Folau is a Bronco in 09. You may not care about living close or in the same town as family, but for alot of people it IS important.

666 said:
Kee said:
ALH said:
Major JW Hochstetter said:
Yeah, it seems to be the standard line of a soon to be deaprting coach these days.

The other issue on our side is his kids live in Brissy still and he has expressed his desire to be close to them, given he has been away for 6 years.

Not like they are babies.
Global families these days and you don't live next door to your kids once they grow up nor they you in most cases.Weak excuse. [icon_thumbs_do

Remember Family is the same reason Folau is a Bronco in 09. You may not care about living close or in the same town as family, but for alot of people it IS important.

Okay I retract writing the above.
I suggest you read though 666 that I did become quite upset that I be judged on the family issue..Simply stating that many families are global these days.Fact!Sad fact but true.Where anywhere did I say that I did not CARE about not being close to my family? [icon_non

petrol these days does cost alot remember. [icon_drun

Flutterby said:
Jebadude said:
Flutterby said:

Damn straight. I'm happy to do the negotiating with Henjak and Materson on behalf of the club.

I agree, stay away Bellamy. Let Henjak prove himself.

spoonbled said:
petrol these days does cost alot remember. [icon_drun

Who drives anywhere long distance? Airlines & their sales are my friends. [icon_wink

Bellamy is the premier coach in the game and I for one definately want to have bellamy at the broncos as soon as 2009. Why take a chance on Henjak, if he turns out to be great fine no drama's but if it fails then we missed out on bellamy and will probaby end up with some no good has been like John Long.

Wrestling has been apart of the game for years, its only cause the media have hyped it up and sensationalised the topic that everyone wants it stamped out of the game!! Its just the flavour of the month for the media to report, hey if it sells then why not but if your gonna believe that wrestling is a new technique in the game then you are clealry misguided.

Id take Bellamy anyday of the week he's a factor in Melbourne being so dominant in recent years and I want that at the Broncos, screw Henjak he's a liability and a big gamble and I say why take a chance when we can have the best coach in the game!! Bellamy can attract the big names to brisbane he's a proven winner. Henjak will take a few years to build that reputation and even then it may fail. I want Bellemy at the Broncos in 2009 or if not then 2010. Bellamy is the No.1 coach in the game and not cause Melbourne cheat as some of u have stated its cause he is a great coach who knows the game he gets the best out of his players, his players respect him and I want that at the Broncos! That combination is what wins premierships and I wanna see the Broncos win!!

winnie_992 said:
Bellamy is the premier coach in the game and I for one definately want to have bellamy at the broncos as soon as 2009. Why take a chance on Henjak, if he turns out to be great fine no drama's but if it fails then we missed out on bellamy and will probaby end up with some no good has been like John Long.

Wrestling has been apart of the game for years, its only cause the media have hyped it up and sensationalised the topic that everyone wants it stamped out of the game!! Its just the flavour of the month for the media to report, hey if it sells then why not but if your gonna believe that wrestling is a new technique in the game then you are clealry misguided.

Id take Bellamy anyday of the week he's a factor in Melbourne being so dominant in recent years and I want that at the Broncos, screw Henjak he's a liability and a big gamble and I say why take a chance when we can have the best coach in the game!! Bellamy can attract the big names to brisbane he's a proven winner. Henjak will take a few years to build that reputation and even then it may fail. I want Bellemy at the Broncos in 2009 or if not then 2010. Bellamy is the No.1 coach in the game and not cause Melbourne cheat as some of u have stated its cause he is a great coach who knows the game he gets the best out of his players, his players respect him and I want that at the Broncos! That combination is what wins premierships and I wanna see the Broncos win!!

Wayne Bennett is the premier coach in the game, not Bellamy I'm afraid, state and international success, 6 premierships in the national competition and consistant finals appearances since 1992 not to mention premierships in the Brisbane competition with souths(with an outstanding win against an almost QLD SOO Wynnum Manly side) and helped the Raiders get to their first Grand Final, his proven himself with more teams and over a longer period of time. Thats not to say I don't rate Bellamy but your overrating him.

I also don't understand what you have against Henjak his far from a "liability" or a "big gamble" (he is a gamble but his also in the current coaching system and involved in the changes that are currently happening to the way we are playing football), and it wasn't that long ago Bellamy was in exactly the same position Henjak is currently in when he was being chased by the Tigers and Storm, both of those clubs were taking risks are you suggesting its wrong for them to have done so? When a club appoints a coach theres always risks including the ones that have done well previously, I'm not suggesting that Henjak isn't a risk but he is a part of the current coaching structure and understands how it works, its not like your taking the risk like you would on a completely new coach outside of the system.

Still I don't have a problem with Bellamy as coach of the Broncos, but I'm not going to jump off a cliff if it doesn't happen.

I just dont wanna miss out on Bellamy cause we took a punt on Henjak. True bellamy was in the same situation as henjak but that doesnt guarantee success. Bellamy has displayed his understanding of the game and ability to get the best out of his players. We saw this brilliance in 2006 and 2007 and they where only thwarted in 2006 because of the brillance of wayne bennett and the broncos.

If no other quality coaches where available then I would probably be keen to have Henjak, but I feel that even though henjak has worked along side bennett he is going to have his own ideas and structure that he wants to implement. Its all well and good to say he has been trained by wayne sure it is a massive bonus but it doesnt guarantee anyhting. Like i said he will wanna do his own thing and probably distance himself from the wayne bennett era so as to create his own dynasty at the club. I just feel bellamy is tried and tested and would be a perfect fit for the broncos. He knows how they work, he knows the culture of our club.

One last thing without a quality coach players are not as willing to sign with your team or if they do they demand top dollar. Wayne bennett was a major reason many players signed with brisbane somefor less than what they where worth, Bellamy can do that for us i dont feel henjak can!! Look at the roosters big names have signed there cause they wann play under freddy!!

Working as Bennett's assistant went a looooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggg way to making Bellamy the coach he is and that was good enough for Melbourne to sign him up - he had no more experience or qualifications then than Henjak has now. So I don't understand where you think that the Broncos essentially taking the same 'risk' and appointing Henjak will be any different. The club has always trusted in it's own development of players and bringing them through, so why not have the same trust in their development of coaches.

And yes quality coaches do help attract quality players, but let's not forget Falou has signed without knowing who the coach will be - in Brisbane it is the whole culture of the club and the lifestyle that attracts players.

And I also believe that Henjak has been doing a lot more of the coaching work than people know over the past couple of seasons.

Folou is completely irrelevant cause his family said he had to come home!! He would have come here even if the broncos where booted from the comp, he was always coming to brisbane regardless of what the media says.

Secondly we are losing Wayne Bennett the greatest coach of all time and then give the team to someone who has no experience as a first grade head coach. May be has been doing more work behind the scenes but theres no risk involved cause the head coach is the one who cops the flak when it doesnt work.

I want a coach who is going to get results and if he can do it at melbourne he can do at in brisbane.

Head coach and assiant are completely different, bellamy has proved himself as a head coach. Yes he learnt from wayne but he still had toi go down there and get results and he has done just that.

henjak and bellamy have both learnt there trade from bennett.
Only one has a premiership as head coach and proven himself to be a great head coach... Bellamy

I kmow who i want at the broncos a club that prides itself of winning!!

winnie_992 said:
Head coach and assiant are completely different, bellamy has proved himself as a head coach.
Only one has a premiership as head coach and proven himself to be a great head coach... Bellamy

True, but not before he got the job at Melbourne. There were other more proven coaches on the market when Melbourne signed Bellamy, but they chose to take a punt on him. Brisbane should be confident enough to do the same with Henjak. And whilst it is successful at Melbourne, I don't believe the the style of coach Bellamy has become will actually fit the Broncos club and culture, and really don't think he will have the same success here in any case. And I would hate for us to chase him, pay excessively for him, he come here and not live up to the hype and in the meantime we lose Henjak; because trust me, some other club with snap him up.

But regardless of what I or anyone else says - you aren't going to change your opinion (and neither am I), and that's OK - different opinions keep life interesting, so I'll end my contribution to this discussion here.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • leon.bott
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.