Bellamy in 2009?

ALH said:
Major JW Hochstetter said:
Yeah, it seems to be the standard line of a soon to be deaprting coach these days.

The other issue on our side is his kids live in Brissy still and he has expressed his desire to be close to them, given he has been away for 6 years.

Not like they are babies.
Global families these days and you don't live next door to your kids once they grow up nor they you in most cases.Weak excuse. [icon_thumbs_do

Eh- here it is in simple terms.

Rugby League - it's the game NSW and QLD play. Money and determination (or convience) made Melborune a competitive side.

Brisbane's growth Rugby League areas - Logan, Mitchy etc are going to bread prodigies. NSWRL/NRL has a 20 year old hangover that holds them to the idea that Rugby League or even Rugby fullstop belongs to them. Good luck. That said, those areas I've mentioned above are full of Polenesian kids... top 5 players in the NRL - how many are Anglo/skip??? Same with Rugby

I wouldn't mind Phil Gould myself.

Seems he wouldn't mind the job himself either judging by the commentary tonight.

What odds are available on him? Surely worth a minimal punt.

subsbligh said:
Eh- here it is in simple terms.

Rugby League - it's the game NSW and QLD play. Money and determination (or convience) made Melborune a competitive side.

Brisbane's growth Rugby League areas - Logan, Mitchy etc are going to bread prodigies. NSWRL/NRL has a 20 year old hangover that holds them to the idea that Rugby League or even Rugby fullstop belongs to them. Good luck. That said, those areas I've mentioned above are full of Polenesian kids... top 5 players in the NRL - how many are Anglo/skip??? Same with Rugby

Time to look outside the square.

ningnangnong said:
I wouldn't mind Phil Gould myself.

Seems he wouldn't mind the job himself either judging by the commentary tonight.

What odds are available on him? Surely worth a minimal punt.

Gould invents ideas then claims them as the ten commandments of Rugby League. Here's a hint: Floorball in Finland has more supporters than Rugby League. Look it up.

BTW Love RL and Australia but happy to wear irrelevance tag

Kee said:
ALH said:
Major JW Hochstetter said:
Yeah, it seems to be the standard line of a soon to be deaprting coach these days.

The other issue on our side is his kids live in Brissy still and he has expressed his desire to be close to them, given he has been away for 6 years.

Not like they are babies.
Global families these days and you don't live next door to your kids once they grow up nor they you in most cases.Weak excuse. [icon_thumbs_do

Nice response - did I say he will live next door or they are babies, read what I wrote.

Obvious you don't view family as important.

Crap reply from you!

May have been as you said a crap reply but from sick of hearing the move of coaches using the kids as an excuse.

My kids do not live near it is a fact of life with many families these days.He has his wife with him and it's very sad when the kids move onto their own lives but that is life.They start their own lives as much as you want to still be a big part of it sometimes you have to step back.

Do not ever judge me about not viewing family as important in my life
.They are the most important things in my life.Unfortunately though they are widespread and have gone their own way just as we have.Does not mean that I do not miss them every second minute nor they us but they have their life and we don't interfere in that.Maybe you dont have children yet?I do not know nor would I judge you without knowing your circumstances or even if I did.

Kee said:
May have been as you said a crap reply but from sick of hearing the move of coaches using the kids as an excuse.

My kids do not live near it is a fact of life with many families these days.He has his wife with him and it's very sad when the kids move onto their own lives but that is life.They start their own lives as much as you want to still be a big part of it sometimes you have to step back.

Do not ever judge me about not viewing family as important in my life
.They are the most important things in my life.Unfortunately though they are widespread and have gone their own way just as we have.Does not mean that I do not miss them every second minute nor they us but they have their life and we don't interfere in that.Maybe you dont have children yet?I do not know nor would I judge you without knowing your circumstances or even if I did.

Why is it an excuse?

People move for family reasons all the time, and at any rate it is only one factor. Why does he even need an 'excuse'? He is off contract in 2010 he can do whatever he bloody well likes.

Of course he can move wherever he likes.People though seem to throw up the 'be near the kids' thing a little too often is all I am saying.
Maybe Bellamy would love to come back to Brisbane not first and foremost to coach the Broncs but because he want to live back in Qld.Two lucky choices in one. icon_smile
Jetstar and Virgin are my friends icon_thumbs_u

It is probably only me but I hope we don't get Bellamy.. We all know he is a great coach but is he the right fit for the Broncos?? Do we need a sore loser coaching the Broncos? Do we need constant headlines about new tackle techniques that are endangering players? Do we need half the storm side at the Broncos? We don;t wanna be the Roosters do we...

Beads6 said:
It is probably only me but I hope we don't get Bellamy.. We all know he is a great coach but is he the right fit for the Broncos?? Do we need a sore loser coaching the Broncos? Do we need constant headlines about new tackle techniques that are endangering players? Do we need half the storm side at the Broncos? We don;t wanna be the Roosters do we...

I agree with you Beads... I want Henjak to get the job full time

Beads6 said:

Do we want to be successful? Yes.

At any cost?No!
With you Beads.No Bellamy and co.

Waldron wants a commitment either way by the seasons end from Bellamy anyhow re 2010 onward and the Broncs are saying naming be this month
Henjak for a year IMO.

Don't want Bellamy any more, tbh. Cut the wrestling, dirty, niggly shit and then we'll talk.

With the likes of Locky, Hunt, Hodges, Folau, Wallace, Marsh, Thaiday, Taylor, Sims etc. at the club, we don't need dirty tactics.

Yeah I've said it before, I don't want Bellamy as our coach - Henjak or Materson for mine.

Flutterby said:
Yeah I've said it before, I don't want Bellamy as our coach - Henjak or Materson for mine.

icon_thumbs_u [icon_wink

Flutterby said:

Woohoo!!!! Lets start a campaign icon_thumbs_u

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Jedhead
  • Mustafur
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.