Ben Hannant First Of Broncos Exodus

The contingency was to release another player to free up cash, that was the only way to afford the $250K. Problem is said player is likely to ask for a release anyway now.

Anyway, I can confirm 2 more players that won't be at the horsie ground next year.

Joel Moon
Reece Robinson

I doubt that comes as too much of a surprise to many

The Goss Boss said:
Anyway, I can confirm 2 more players that won't be at the horsie ground next year.

Joel Moon
Reece Robinson

Do you know where there going??

Definitely good that the Broncos didn't shell out more than $250k. That sorta cash would've been unheard of 3-4 years ago for a bloke barely over his 21st party.

I am a little worried with Hannant gone that the only really hard working front rower we have left with any first grade experience is Nick Kenny who so far has shown he is reasonable at best. All our other prop options (unless Parker is shifted back there) are short spell, small work higher impact players; Clinton, Taylor, Thaiday. Unless we have some good ones coming through for next year Wallace will be kicking from his own 20 every set in 09.

Also, if Moon is being told to leave it is the most disgusting thing I have ever heard. If he gets told to go the Broncos don't deserve to keep anyone through 'loyalty' because this kid sacrificed going to a great club that wanted him to play reserve grade and in bench roles he doesn't suit even when the 6 was available, he took far less money to stay due to loyalty and we are now not even going to show him a contract. Bruno should be ashamed of himself.

broncos85 said:
The Goss Boss said:

Joel Moon
Reece Robinson

Do you know where there going??

Sorry sweetie, no. I am only hearing about players who are not being offered contracts, not where they are going.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
Also, if Moon is being told to leave it is the most disgusting thing I have ever heard. If he gets told to go the Broncos don't deserve to keep anyone through 'loyalty' because this kid sacrificed going to a great club that wanted him to play reserve grade and in bench roles he doesn't suit even when the 6 was available, he took far less money to stay due to loyalty and we are now not even going to show him a contract. Bruno should be ashamed of himself.

So true, why should players show loyalty when the Broncos dont seem to show any!!

FCB BB AKA MB said:
I am a little worried with Hannant gone that the only really hard working front rower we have left with any first grade experience is Nick Kenny who so far has shown he is reasonable at best. All our other prop options (unless Parker is shifted back there) are short spell, small work higher impact players; Clinton, Taylor, Thaiday. Unless we have some good ones coming through for next year Wallace will be kicking from his own 20 every set in 09.

Sam Thiaday is not a "short spell, small work higher impact player". He is regularly playing over 70 minutes and doing more than his fair share of work.

On Moon, it again becomes a question of whether we are prepared to offer him what he can get on the open market. I would think we cannot. It would be ridiculous to offer a guy like Moon $200k.

Also, although Hannant had a very good start to the season, he has been one of our least effective forwards over the last 5 or 6 weeks. He is a good player with potential, but not even close to being worth $350k.

robbie mustoe said:
[quote="FCB BB AKA MB":9pd10huw]I am a little worried with Hannant gone that the only really hard working front rower we have left with any first grade experience is Nick Kenny who so far has shown he is reasonable at best. All our other prop options (unless Parker is shifted back there) are short spell, small work higher impact players; Clinton, Taylor, Thaiday. Unless we have some good ones coming through for next year Wallace will be kicking from his own 20 every set in 09.

Sam Thiaday is not a "short spell, small work higher impact player". He is regularly playing over 70 minutes and doing more than his fair share of work.

On Moon, it again becomes a question of whether we are prepared to offer him what he can get on the open market. I would think we cannot. It would be ridiculous to offer a guy like Moon $200k.

Also, although Hannant had a very good start to the season, he has been one of our least effective forwards over the last 5 or 6 weeks. He is a good player with potential, but not even close to being worth $350k.[/quote:9pd10huw]

Thaiday's best work IMO comes in short bursts and thats why I classify him like that, he doesn't regularly come up with stats at the end of a game that suggest he has been out there for 70 minutes. Also, Moon it appears is not being offered anything not even a contract and thats what annoys me. He clearly loves the club to have turned down money before and the least the club can do is offer him what he is on again because it is certainly a lot less than 200k.

robbie mustoe said:
Also, although Hannant had a very good start to the season, he has been one of our least effective forwards over the last 5 or 6 weeks. He is a good player with potential, but not even close to being worth $350k.

Agree. Ashton Sims is in the same boat. Strong starts to the season, but they've been ordinary since.

Need a can of harden the frack up.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
[quote="robbie mustoe":2xz4w4rz][quote="FCB BB AKA MB":2xz4w4rz]I am a little worried with Hannant gone that the only really hard working front rower we have left with any first grade experience is Nick Kenny who so far has shown he is reasonable at best. All our other prop options (unless Parker is shifted back there) are short spell, small work higher impact players; Clinton, Taylor, Thaiday. Unless we have some good ones coming through for next year Wallace will be kicking from his own 20 every set in 09.

Also, although Hannant had a very good start to the season, he has been one of our least effective forwards over the last 5 or 6 weeks. He is a good player with potential, but not even close to being worth $350k.[/quote:2xz4w4rz]

Thaiday's best work IMO comes in short bursts and thats why I classify him like that, he doesn't regularly come up with stats at the end of a game that suggest he has been out there for 70 minutes. Also, Moon it appears is not being offered anything not even a contract and thats what annoys me. He clearly loves the club to have turned down money before and the least the club can do is offer him what he is on again because it is certainly a lot less than 200k.[/quote:2xz4w4rz]

Disagree with this point. I think his workrate has been outstanding this season, aside from the Manly game. Also, I think Moon is on a reasonable contract. It is certainly well above what he has delivered to this point. I have no problem with allowing him to leave if it means we might be able to tie up the likes of Boyd and Taylor who, in my opinion, are higher-value players for the club.

He is averaging 11 Runs and 21 Tackles which is an improvement for him but not as high as it should be for a player playing back row for 70 mins a match (especially one who doesn't sit extremely wide in defense and attack).

Agree MB. But he's also not playing the workhorse role and we don't want him to. More like the kind of role a Mick Crocker would play. Hang back a bit, and inject himself into the game when needed.

We've got Parker, Kenny and Stagg (for now apparently) who can fill that role.

broncos85 said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:

So true, why should players show loyalty when the Broncos dont seem to show any!!

I completely agree.

Coxy said:
Agree MB. But he's also not playing the workhorse role and we don't want him to. More like the kind of role a Mick Crocker would play. Hang back a bit, and inject himself into the game when needed.

Absolutely, I love the guy and really like the role he plays. What I was saying is with Hannant going we have very little in the way of hard working forwards at the club right now which is a huge concern because you can't win matches from inside your own half.

Coxy said:
robbie mustoe said:

Agree. Ashton Sims is in the same boat. Strong starts to the season, but they've been ordinary since.

BSG fan coxy?

Yep, Sims & Hannant need to put it in Gods damn it!

FCB BB AKA MB said:
Coxy said:

Absolutely, I love the guy and really like the role he plays. What I was saying is with Hannant going we have very little in the way of hard working forwards at the club right now which is a huge concern because you can't win matches from inside your own half.

Sammy's averages are actually more like 12 and 24, as compared to Hannant's 11 and 28. I understand he is playing more minutes than Hannant but their workloads are sill fairly comparable. Add in Thiaday's creativity in attack and superior defense and he is twice the player Hannant is. I think people over-estimate how much work Hannant does. He really has been pretty poor of late. Basically just getting by with 3rd man tackles.

MB: Wholeheartedly agree with you. Been doing that a lot lately, must be this new forum system :P

Andyman said:
Coxy said:
robbie mustoe said:

BSG fan coxy?

Yep, Sims & Hannant need to put it in Gods damn it!

Indeed Andyman :-) Though I didn't see much after season 1. Need to get the DVDs or download it or something (not that I can with my shitty broadband).

If only Sims and Hannant had some toasters on their ass, they'd run a lot quicker then. No defence would stop them!

Coxy, a new forum format must be like a holiday for us [icon_wink

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.