Ben Hunt - Appreciation Thread

• Thread starter MaroubraBroncos
  • Start date
"There is a very good chance Broncos will remain in the 8, and we could jump up to 7th."

Super Freak.

Hate to break this one to you, son.

No way Broncs are climbing the ladder for the remainder of this round.

"No way Broncs are climbing the ladder for the remainder of this round."

badyon.

Broncos just did.

It's good that badyon appears to have no problem with embarrassing himself, judging by all his posts and the threads he opened so far... :laugh:

"No way Broncs are climbing the ladder for the remainder of this round."

badyon.

Broncos just did.

giphy.gif

So Hunt finally has a real halves partner for the first time all year and he puts in the worst performance of his year by far.

What the **** is wrong with him? Is he sooking it up over Griffin or what?

I think it's a stretch to call Barba a real halves partner

He's a fullback, which is better than a winger, but still not a half

He may be a great half in the future, who knows, but he's not one yet

Good article in last week's Big League on Ben Hunt that breaks down his game and offers some insight from Corey Parker & even Brandy Alexander who puts Ben over big time.

Good article in last week's Big League on Ben Hunt that breaks down his game and offers some insight from Corey Parker & even Brandy Alexander who puts Ben over big time.

Pity Alexander can't do that whilst commentating.

Maybe the same thing was said about Lockyer when he was playing FB

Barba's actually a half, who became a fullback due to needing to be one to break into first grade at the Bulldogs. I think we'll really see a chance for Barba to show his full abilities and develop his confidence in the halves for the remainder of the season.

Barba's actually a half, who became a fullback due to needing to be one to break into first grade at the Bulldogs. I think we'll really see a chance for Barba to show his full abilities and develop his confidence in the halves for the remainder of the season.

I totally agree, but the point of my post wasn't about what he might do in the future

He has not been playing in the halves for several years, and another poster critiqued Hunt's performance with a 'real halves partner'

A real halves partner is not someone who used to play half in the 20's but has been playing fullback for 4 years

He may well become a star half and I hope he does

Maybe the same thing was said about Lockyer when he was playing FB

It may well have been, but you're missing the point

I'm not saying he won't be great, just saying you can't say that Hunt had a proper halves partner

Error Page

So he is just sooking it up.

Teaspoon of cement, Hunt. You're going to be a superstar with or without Griffin, the only thing that will decide that is you.

Error Page

Teaspoon of cement, Hunt. You're going to be a superstar with or without Griffin, the only thing that will decide that is you.

it really is a nothing article. he is new to being a full time NRL halfback, and was bound to have a form slump sometime this season.

this article is just another way to fill up the paper. a case of the media adding 2+2 and getting 22.

the only quote from Hunt in that article, is from just after hook got sacked. he was allowed to be disappointed. and i actually like the fact that the players are taking ownership on their performances and not blaming the coach

Last edited:

If he doesn't regain that burst of speed that he had 2 years ago then he will be nothing but an unemployed footballer in a couple years time or possibly a star in the ESL.

I dont believe the BS about him being devastated, this is the same coach who stunted his progression by playing him on the bench as a backup 9, all the while handing the likes of Wallace, Prince & Norman 1st crack (2nd, 3rd, 4th ....)

Hes just had a couple of ordinary games, hell be fine

I don't mind reading that about Hunt .. Griffin is the only coach he's really known so it's natural all of what's gone on is pretty confusing and disappointing.

This is just another part of his football and life education ... He'll get through this

Error Page

Are you for real, mate?

From the article...

“It is our fault that ‘Hook’ got axed,” Hunt told The Courier-Mail last month.

“There were a few games this year we should have won that we didn’t.

“There were a few close calls and if we had gone better he would probably still have been here.”

How is that, "sooking it up"? He's taking responsibility for his and the teams' poor performances. The quotes were taken the day after the players got the news. Of course it'll be a shock to the kid.

Last edited:

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Battler
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Wolfie
  • Morkel
  • MrMoore
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
  • jd87
  • broncsgoat
  • Harry Sack
  • Skathen
  • BroncosMan
  • Fozz
  • Jazza
  • Midean
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bronx48
... and 37 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.