Ben Hunt vs Ash Taylor

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Re: Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

I think somebody else wrote Rothfield's column this week because he's "in hiding" or some such thing.

ChewThePhatt

ChewThePhatt

NRL Player
Contributor
Dec 28, 2015

At this point, I'd take Ash over Hunt...
He's exactly what we need.
Surely Hunt wouldn't be that hard to sell?

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008

They can have Hunt, Arrow, and Molo as a sweetener if they want.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013

Really sad that hunts even being talked about in this way whether rumours are true or not. Hope he can take his game to the next level

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008

Really sad that hunts even being talked about in this way whether rumours are true or not. Hope he can take his game to the next level

my crystal ball foresaw this in the "where will we finish" thread

Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014

This is treason.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014

Trading Hunt for Taylor puts us back a step not forward a step.
Some of you so called fans have no fucking loyalty towards a player who busted his ass and without him firing, we wouldn't have even been close to the grand final yet alone in it. Thank god Bennett isn't as two faced and wont blame one person for the whole teams failure in the past two months. The whole fucking team besides one or two players have been letting us down not just Ben fucking Hunt

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

Yeah as much as I like Taylor and think he's going to be a far better player than Hunt within a few years, we made a choice, we've gotta at least give Hunt a couple of years to show us what he can be.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016

Some of you so called fans have no fucking loyalty towards a player who busted his ass and without him firing, we wouldn't have even been close to the grand final yet alone in it. Thank god Bennett isn't as two faced and wont blame one person for the whole teams failure in the past two months. The whole fucking team besides one or two players have been letting us down not just Ben fucking Hunt

**** may have HELPED get us to a GF, but he also LOST it for us with not one, but TWO bonehead plays. And he hasn't done a whole lot to make up for it this year. The whole team hasn't played well. But Hunt makes it that much harder with his shit kicking game.

If he can't find some quality form and LEAD the team for the rest of the year like a Number Seven should, he can **** off and we'll find someone who can.

I'll admit a lot of Broncos fans are harsh on hunt, but some of you blokes would take a load for him I swear.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008

yeah but you know what? we lost. no one cares about 2nd place. if we had of won the final and hunt was playing shit, there would be more reason to give some slack. fact is he cost us the premiership, and he has been terrible this year for the most part, in a year where we're struggling to make top 4. how long do you give him because he helped get us to a gf last year (that we lost)?

ChewThePhatt

ChewThePhatt

NRL Player
Contributor
Dec 28, 2015

They can have Hunt, Arrow, and Molo as a sweetener if they want.

I'd want to keep Arrow. He's the very definition of a work horse with skills.

ChewThePhatt

ChewThePhatt

NRL Player
Contributor
Dec 28, 2015

I agree, it's harsh...
& it's footy. I've been a huge Ash Taylor fan for years & was shattered when we lost him. IMO Ash already has more upside than Hunt. The two biggest thorns in the Broncos side atm are kicking & game control... two of Taylors strongest points... two of Hunts worst. Hunt is a "good" running 7 but moving forward Ash is what we need.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

**** may have HELPED get us to a GF, but he also LOST it for us with not one, but TWO bonehead plays. And he hasn't done a whole lot to make up for it this year. The whole team hasn't played well. But Hunt makes it that much harder with his shit kicking game.

If he can't find some quality form and LEAD the team for the rest of the year like a Number Seven should, he can **** off and we'll find someone who can.

I'll admit a lot of Broncos fans are harsh on hunt, but some of you blokes would take a load for him I swear.

Hunt was among the leading halves in nearly every attacking area before the origin period. On some cases better than both Hunt and Cronk.

Then the origin period happened, and our oack starts getting dominated by all comers (whether due to injury, suspension, origin duty or simply poor form)

And surprise, surprise Hunt struggles behind a beaten pack, and having to try and spark something from inside our own half

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

****? Are you serious? What's wrong with you?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

yeah but you know what? we lost. no one cares about 2nd place. if we had of won the final and hunt was playing shit, there would be more reason to give some slack. fact is he cost us the premiership, and he has been terrible this year for the most part, in a year where we're struggling to make top 4. how long do you give him because he helped get us to a gf last year (that we lost)?

If we are going to start blaming people for losing the GF, then IMO we should be blaming either Reed or Oates ... if one of them make the tackle on the siren, then the game never goes to golden point in the first place.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

I love how Hunt is to blame for everything in the Grand Final, yet if Oates stays on his wing none of this matters...

In any case the way some of you talk about people is absolutely disgraceful, but hey we aren't allowed to say that are we...

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008

what a total bullshit post

Hunt played part in getting us to the GF and he played a part in losing it

Plenty of others helped get us there and others helped lose it too

It's a team sport genius

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

If we are going to start blaming people for losing the GF, then IMO we should be blaming either Reed or Oates ... if one of them make the tackle on the siren, then the game never goes to golden point in the first place.

Blame him for what? Doing his job?

He had his arms around Morgan and he was pulling him down to the ground 10 metres out from the try line.

If Oates had just stayed on his man, it was game over. Broncos win their 7th premiership.

I've looked at that try a million times, it hurt like **** each time, to see if there was any way you can blame anyone else for the try. You can't. Broncos had it covered, Cowboys were not going to score, until Oates did what he did.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Rookie Alan
  • Foordy
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.