Ben Hunt vs Ash Taylor

One thing Ben hunt can't do or hasn't done yet anyway is kick a field goal. I think something as small as him directing the team for a set, setting himself up and finally getting that demon off his back will go a long way for his confidence. So far is the one thing he can't do for the team and that play goes a long way. Yes Milford has and can do it but it shouldn't just be Milford.

I have my doubts on hunt but I want him to success and I think something as small as that could change it all, don't even need it to win a game just a little cherry on top when we are up by 12 or something nearing an end to a game

The best don't hesitate they get it done. Locky, Cronk and Thurston do it so well we need that from our halfback

the fact that he has missed so many with varying levels of pressure/difficulty, suggest his technique is pretty shit.

FTR, i believe Hunt has a decent kicking game ... we have seen him put in a good varied kicking display on occassion (sometimes it even lasts an entire match)

I believe his problem is more related to kick selection than ability.

This. He has shown, and still shows, that he has the ability, no question. He just makes wrong decisions at critical moments (or late decisions) quite often. This is the issue this year for both halves. I think he has what it takes to be a great half in the right environment. I've said it before in another post but his mind isn't clear.

Even with an underperforming forward pack we still have opportunities (sure, fewer than we should) in the opposition 20. So when we don't capitalize because of a dumb or rushed decision it hurts us and his performance is highlighted. Let's say our forwards are dominating and our opportunities double, I'm sure Hunt would still make bad decisions but these would be overshadowed by the couple of times he has a win, we score, get repeat set etc. He may never be a game controlling dominant half. He just needs a good team performance to increase his hit rate.

Last edited:
I want a halfback who can kick the match winning field goal like Taylor did against the Sharks....

If we just wanted a halfback with a kicking game then we should just sign Soward. Yeh that's right, Jamie Soward who has one of the best kicking games going around and can kick a field goal. Let that sink in a bit more for you

If we just wanted a halfback with a kicking game then we should just sign Soward. Yeh that's right, Jamie Soward who has one of the best kicking games going around and can kick a field goal. Let that sink in a bit more for you

Are we not allowed a halfback that can kick and run? Is it really one or the other?

So you want to wait three years for a premiership shot?

I'll never write us off (I still believe we can win the prem this season if we get our full side back on the park and come up against the raiders or sharks w2), but this year looks like a write off, and who knows what will happen next season without Parker. We need to sign players to be in contention imo, it's just a case of whether we're aiming to pull off a rorters run (short term) or Manly/ Storm run (long term).

Last edited:
FTR, i believe Hunt has a decent kicking game ... we have seen him put in a good varied kicking display on occassion (sometimes it even lasts an entire match)

I believe his problem is more related to kick selection than ability.

I think the biggest problem with Hunt is that he's not a clutch player. I know there's some isolate big plays that have won us the game, but he generally plays poorly under pressure or when we need him to stand up.

Ben Hunt has the ability to kick, run, control a game, and play well in the clutch moments.

you just have to look back to the game against panthers where he put oates over in the dying stages or where he won the game for us against Roosters

Everyone is looking for an excuse to why the broncos arent in form and how hunt cant kick or direct his team around

the only reason is because he is in bad form and the sooner everyone realises that the better

I want a halfback who can kick the match winning field goal like Taylor did against the Sharks....

And if he can throw intercepts like Taylor, all the better.

Ben Hunt has the ability to kick, run, control a game, and play well in the clutch moments.

you just have to look back to the game against panthers where he put oates over in the dying stages or where he won the game for us against Roosters

Everyone is looking for an excuse to why the broncos arent in form and how hunt cant kick or direct his team around

the only reason is because he is in bad form and the sooner everyone realises that the better

Based on how he's playing, he was only in form last year.

Hunt's kicking isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

I mean since 2014, his kicks in-goal have resulted in more tries than Cronk's. The best in the business.

Almost as much as Thurston, although could be more, I haven't bothered checking every game.

Didn't people say his short kicking is terrible?

You know what helps? When he isn't kicking while on the back foot. When the forwards are going forward and laying a platform, Hunt's kicking is better.

Last edited:
I hate the prancing queen, but he would probably serve us better than Hunt as Milford's partner. Yes, that's right... let that sink in a bit more for you.

Hunt's kicking isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

I mean since 2014, his kicks in-goal have resulted in more tries than Cronk's. The best in the business.

Almost as much as Thurston, although could be more, I haven't bothered checking every game.

Didn't people say his short kicking is terrible?

You know what helps? When he isn't kicking while on the back foot. When the forwards are going forward and laying a platform, Hunt's kicking is better.

Shhhh don't let commonsense and reason get in the way of a good lynching.

It's Ashton Sims all over again, except Hunt is one of our best players.

Does anyone have Taylor and Hunts stats? I would be interested to see how they compare

Why not get Wallace back as well.

I hate the prancing queen, but he would probably serve us better than Hunt as Milford's partner. Yes, that's right... let that sink in a bit more for you.

And Hunts attack is superior to Milfords so **** Milford off and have him partner Soward. Yes, that's right... Let that sink in.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • MrRobot
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • KateBroncos1812
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.