Ben Hunt vs Ash Taylor

Can't believe we're still seeing calls for Milford at fullback. It's Lockyer 2.0 all over again.
Oh please, just stop. The circumstances are totally different, and the reasoning explained.
Don't join the chorus of people whose only counter argument, are sarcastic jibes.

What's there to be sarcastic about?

It's a stupid suggestion, put forward by the small-minded who were made to look like fools last year.

One poor patch of form, and you're over him like maggots.

Just like Lockyer in 2005.

What's there to be sarcastic about?

It's a stupid suggestion, put forward by the small-minded who were made to look like fools last year.

One poor patch of form, and you're over him like maggots.

Just like Lockyer in 2005.
It has nothing to do with his patch of form... maybe you should read the posts instead of looking stupid by calling others stupid.

I've read enough and when one of the conclusions is that Soward would be a better halves partner to Hunt...

Well...

Milford is the five eighth at the club and while I've never considered him the best five eighth in the game, I have little reason to believe he won't be. He served the club incredibly well last year and only a fool would dare suggest otherwise.

I'll leave it at that.

I've read enough and when one of the conclusions is that Soward would be a better halves partner to Hunt...

Well...

Milford is the five eighth at the club and while I've never considered him the best five eighth in the game, I have little reason to believe he won't be. He served the club incredibly well last year and only a fool would dare suggest otherwise.

I'll leave it at that.
Did anyone do that? Please show me where that happened...

Did you actually read any of the posts leading up to the "Soward would be a better halves partner to Hunt", or did you just read that and decided to jump in and be presumptuous...

You're entitled to your opinion, and I'll always defend your right to it, but you don't get to call others fools or stupid for having a different opinion to yours.

Did anyone do that? Please show me where that happened...

Did you actually read any of the posts leading up to the "Soward would be a better halves partner to Hunt", or did you just read that and decided to jump in and be presumptuous...

You're entitled to your opinion, and I'll always defend your right to it, but you don't get to call others fools or stupid for having a different opinion to yours.

That's your opinion. Sorry couldn't help myself. *Sproj leaves quickly as tomatoes are thrown*

Milford hasn't made a line breaks since round 10 and hasn't scored a try since round 6. He's still produced four try assists in his last seven games.

Hunt has two try assists in past seven games, has assisted a line break since round 13. One try and two line breaks since round 8.

Oh please, just stop. The circumstances are totally different, and the reasoning explained.
Don't join the chorus of people whose only counter argument, are sarcastic jibes.

It's a fucking dumb idea, so you should expect sarcastic responses to such a dumb idea. We have Australia's fullback there FFS. That's the only reason needed. He won't be better than him back there, and he's going to be a damned fine 5/8.

What a difference though. Hunt is allowed to keep his spot forever, but we should move Milford. Dumb. So dumb.

I didn't even call you a fool, yay!

I wouldn't call anyone a fool for merely wanting to put the Australian fullback on the wing so we can move our gun five-eight to fullback so we can move our pretty gosh darn good halfback to five-eight so we can bring in a twelve year old future star to halfback.

Mr T on the other hand, he's not so forgiving.
18qsfn.jpg

It's a fucking dumb idea, so you should expect sarcastic responses to such a dumb idea. We have Australia's fullback there FFS. That's the only reason needed. He won't be better than him back there, and he's going to be a damned fine 5/8.

What a difference though. Hunt is allowed to keep his spot forever, but we should move Milford. Dumb. So dumb.

I didn't even call you a fool, yay!
It doesn't matter how dumb you think the idea is, you should argue why you disagree, not lambast its author. You know it and I know it, and last time I checked, that is also how you would like BHQ to operate.

This is not a reflection on Boyd, who has been one of our consistently best, and as you said, is the current Australian Fullback.
The premise is imo, that we need a different half than those we have for all reasons explained extensively, so we can go 2 ways about it.

1- Straight swap for Hunt, which will probably will see us losing him, but means no further changes to the team.
2- Keep Hunt's talent in the team, but then pieces would have to be moved. Personally, I think he's a great 5/8, even if not as good as Milford, but the latter is a great fullback as well, and even if we have the Aus fullback, who is also a great centre/winger, where we lack quality options!

So how much do we lose by moving Milford to Fullback? We improve our backline imo, because the gain we get with Boyd in the 3/4 line more than balances his loss as a Fullback. Milford can be as good as Boyd there, probably better in attack, albeit not as good in defense.
Hunt could do his thing as 5/8 with less pressure to be the organiser/controlling half, as long as we have someone partnering him with the required qualities we lack.

Option 1 is certainly valid, especially if we improve the quality and depth in the centre/wing positions, but it's not as flexible as option 2, which allows us to cover for a loss anywhere in the backline with more ease.
You may disagree with option 2, but that doesn't make it a dumb idea.

How much do we lose?

Boyd won't be fullback. I'd say that's losing a lot.

I'm not putting time and effort into a flat out dumb idea. Would you?

How much do we lose?

Boyd won't be fullback. I'd say that's losing a lot.

I'm not putting time and effort into a flat out dumb idea. Would you?
No it's not, unless you think Milford can't be as good, because yeah... that'd be dumb. :thefinger:

Milford hasn't made a line breaks since round 10 and hasn't scored a try since round 6. He's still produced four try assists in his last seven games.

Hunt has two try assists in past seven games, has assisted a line break since round 13. One try and two line breaks since round 8.

Scored 3 in Round 7, 2 in Round 10, 1 in Round 16.

Last edited:
No it's not, unless you think Milford can't be as good, because yeah... that'd be dumb. :thefinger:

While we are at it. What are people's thoughts on moving James Roberts to lock, Matt Gillett to the Wing and bringing Oates in to replace Milford. Boyd to centre of course.

I think our team would be far better for having people playing out of position and learning new roles. Lets start it from this week actually. Sure to make the GF.

While we are at it. What are people's thoughts on moving James Roberts to lock, Matt Gillett to the Wing and bringing Oates in to replace Milford. Boyd to centre of course.

I think our team would be far better for having people playing out of position and learning new roles. Lets start it from this week actually. Sure to make the GF.
Yes, because Milford has never played fullback with great success in the NRL... :laugh:

Yes, because Milford has never played fullback with great success in the NRL... :laugh:

Why would you move our BEST player from his BEST position? It doesn't make sense.

Just get rid of Hunt, get Taylor back, you calm down with your silly ideas, and everyone is happy. Hell, Kahu can keep his spot as a sweetner for you to drop this silly idea.

Why would you move our BEST player from his BEST position? It doesn't make sense.

Just get rid of Hunt, get Taylor back, you calm down with your silly ideas, and everyone is happy. Hell, Kahu can keep his spot as a sweetner for you to drop this silly idea.
Bahaha... that's funny! :laugh:

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • BooKhaki
  • Justwin
  • bazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • leon.bott
  • Broncosgirl
  • FACTHUNT
  • Xzei
  • Broncs1459
  • Manofoneway
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Brocko
  • Brotherdu
  • BruiserMk1
  • Ondi
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.