Ben Hunt vs Ash Taylor

I think the main problem the team should focus on is why Ben Hunt has to constantly kick long non attacking kicks. You know by making more metres and conceding less metres.

Well part of that is playing against teams with good kicking games...having to start every damn set in our own ten. Forward aren't going to take us 60-70 every set. Sometimes you need to kick early and set up shop down their end. Forwards aren't responsible for everything going bad with the Broncos. Also Hunt and Milf make it that much harder by taking silly options close to the other team's try line and then the same thing happens...starting from our own end. Forwards have been better the last few weeks, the attacking boys need to back them up..you know, be a team.

I think the main problem the team should focus on is why Ben Hunt has to constantly kick long non attacking kicks. You know by making more metres and conceding less metres.

This has been said a thousand times before and those arguing that Hunt can't kick tend to not reply to it.

This has been said a thousand times before and those arguing that Hunt can't kick tend to not reply to it.

Why would you reply to something that doesn't suit your agenda? That would be like having a discussion.

hmmm...I replied to it. Broncos4life, your agenda seems to be that of a token Ben Hunt apologist, so keep it coming son.

Why would you reply to something that doesn't suit your agenda? That would be like having a discussion.

Come on mate ...

You know Ben Hunt is solely responsible for us lising the GF last year.

You also know that we are better off having a half with a better kicking game over a half that is better in nearly every other department.

Come on mate ...

You know Ben Hunt is solely responsible for us lising the GF last year.

You also know that we are better off having a half with a better kicking game over a half that is better in nearly every other department.

Considering said half has 5 more years football experience and still struggles with the basic fundamentals of the role, you'll have to excuse those of us that believe having a superior base line skill set with an obviously higher skill ceiling is the better prospect going forward.

Speaking of ceilings, why is Kalyn Ponga not playing first grade yet?

Considering said half has 5 more years football experience and still struggles with the basic fundamentals of the role, you'll have to excuse those of us that believe having a superior base line skill set with an obviously higher skill ceiling is the better prospect going forward.

AS A BENCH HOOKER

The bench hooker argument is a valid one, but it's been nearly 3 full seasons since then. At some point it's going to lose it's merit. I'm still firmly in the Ben Hunt camp though.

You really do offer nothing.

No. Enough is enough. I am calling the bullshit you three are going on with out.

Firstly, who are you to accuse anyone of offering nothing when for as far as I can tell your sole contribution is 'Ben Hunt is a shit ****, **** him off'

Secondly, I actually did offer something to this discussion. The question was asked how long do we wait and I replied 'until either he improves or a better overall option is available'. It was your mate that came back and offered nothing except a sarcastic remark along the lines of 'so we just do nothing and hope something happens' which is the opposite to what I offered to try and start a discussion outside of the common line of 'Hunt's shit and if you disagree you're a idiot'

Pretty quiet in here tonight.

Obviously have to wait until tomorrow...but much better tonight from Hunt. A few shockers, but above average most of the game. Running at the line again! Kicking for field position - and the boys chasing the kicks. Good shit.

Did you see the quality of opposition?

The Eels have basically had nothing to play for in months, have lost the bulk of their roster (Radradra, Takairangi, Norman, Foran, Paulo, Peats, Scott, Watmough) and came up with a bunch of unforced errors resulting in a mediocre performance even by their standards.

Hunt played well, but it wasn't like a Johnathan Thurston on Canterbury type performance. Once again, the playmakers relied heavily on their running game to make in-roads and the kicking game only entered into the equation when the contest was well and truly in Brisbane's favour.

Put it this way, even Tyrone Roberts would have been made to look like a superstar tonight.

In fact, I'm fairly sure he delivered a similar performance against the Eels in Round 20.

I really hope Milford and Hunt build on this performance and still think some of the ideas being tossed around were really stupid but there's still plenty of room for improvement.

It's all about who has the last laugh.

Last edited:
Did you see the quality of opposition?

The Eels have basically had nothing to play for in months, have lost the bulk of their roster (Radradra, Takairangi, Norman, Foran, Paulo, Peats, Scott, Watmough) and came up with a bunch of unforced errors resulting in a mediocre performance even by their standards.

Hunt played well, but it wasn't like a Johnathan Thurston on Canterbury type performance. Once again, the playmakers relied heavily on their running game to make in-roads and the kicking game only entered into the equation when the contest was well and truly in Brisbane's favour.

Put it this way, even Tyrone Roberts would have been made to look like a superstar tonight.

In fact, I'm fairly sure he delivered a similar performance against the Eels in Round 20.

I really hope Milford and Hunt build on this performance and still think some of the ideas being tossed around were really stupid but there's still plenty of room for improvement.

It's all about who has the last laugh.

I totally get what you're saying about the quality of opposition, but lets not forget that Parramatta have exceeded expectations week in week out. They have pushed and even beaten a few good teams in recent weeks without the players you've named and have continued to play like they have something to gain despite being out of finals contention. It's not like tonights game was a free win.

But I agree, there's still plenty of work to be done, but it's pleasing to know that they're working on it, and its slowly improving.

Last edited:
I see Jarryd Hayne saved the day for the Titans and not Taylor.

Milford's done the same for Hunt when he shanks a field goal.

Active Now

• The Strapper
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
  • Morkel
  • Allo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Browny
  • BooKhaki
  • Broncs1459
  • Rambstien
  • Jazza
  • theshed
  • Wendall Taylor
  • FACTHUNT
  • kiwibronco
  • Santa
  • Dash
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.