Ben Hunt vs Ash Taylor

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Isnt that what he would have at Parra?

Yeah but that's no good for the broncos if he carves us up when that forward pack lays the ground work for him.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
P.S. I'm moving this discussion into the Hunt v Taylor thread for the more sensitive souls amongst us... :thefinger:

You mean those who give good backup arguments, and possible reasons for the stats being lower, only to be shot down by those who are hell bent on conveying their agenda about a subject?

Is this going to be the offseason rubbish argument that just won't bugger off? I'm 100% certain every argument has been done to death at least 10 times, but it just keeps going, and going. Agree to disagreee FFS, this is worse than when Wallace was here.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
You mean those who give good backup arguments, and possible reasons for the stats being lower, only to be shot down by those who are hell bent on conveying their agenda about a subject?

Is this going to be the offseason rubbish argument that just won't bugger off? I'm 100% certain every argument has been done to death at least 10 times, but it just keeps going, and going. Agree to disagreee FFS, this is worse than when Wallace was here.

Let's discuss Wallace vs Macca?

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010

Yes, those. :takdir:

Last edited:
Samir

Samir

Sep 20, 2016
Taylor re-signed at the Titans like 2 weeks ago, he isn't coming back any time soon.

Tunza's Chin

Tunza's Chin

QCup Player
Apr 17, 2016
Hunt vs Taylor in defence is an odd argument to have - Hunt was below his best for a lot of this year. But even still he is a far better defender then Taylor, hands down. He's a hell of a lot stronger in contact and makes a hell of a lot more tackles. Taylor is without doubt more of a target to run at and much more likely to try and hide in defence compared to Hunt, or need teammates to cover for him.

If Taylor was still at the club he would not have unseated either of our current halves. When was the last time two 21 y.o halves took their team to a grand final - let alone won one? I cannot think of any examples, and even if someone can come up with one, it is hard to argue that experienced halves are infinitely more likely to get us to the big dance.

Yes Taylor's game management has been good. But Hunt is still the better half at this stage. He will be again next season. The only reason we're having this argument is because of perception. Taylor was a rookie playing in a side almost all of would have had fighting for the spoon not a spot in the eight come round 26. He had next to no expectation on him, and of course managed to exceed them easily. By comparison Hunt was expected to help lead us to a premiership. Anything short of that and he's failed ours and the medias expectations, which is exactly what happened.

Subjectively, Hunt > Taylor on 2016 form, and you'd expect the same in 2017.

Longer term, Taylor may well prove the better half, and does have a skill set more suited to partnering Milford in the traditional 5/8th - Halfback pairing. But he's still got such a bloody long way to go. He'll have higher expectations on him next year.

Oh and I really rate Parcell, I think he could be a great player.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Longer term, Taylor may well prove the better half, and does have a skill set more suited to partnering Milford in the traditional 5/8th - Halfback pairing. But he's still got such a bloody long way to go. He'll have higher expectations on him next year.

Oh and I really rate Parcell, I think he could be a great player.

7. Taylor
6. Milford

9. Parcell

:love:

I hope we're working on making this happen.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Congrats to Ben. His partner gave birth to their son, Brady.

Congrats Benny.

On a side yet important note, didn't I see somewhere a while ago that Hunt is a Pats fan. Please god tell me he hasn't named his son after Tom fucking Brady?!?

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
More reason for hunt to not leave the broncs

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
Seeing as this is the Hunt v Taylor thread, let's get back on topic.

Taylor may have a better kicking game, but how many kids has he fathered? Sure, he's only young and has the potential to father more children, but Hunt has the runs on the board in that department.

Sirlee oldman

Sirlee oldman

NRL Player
Dec 6, 2015
Seeing as this is the Hunt v Taylor thread, let's get back on topic.

Taylor may have a better kicking game, but how many kids has he fathered? Sure, he's only young and has the potential to father more children, but Hunt has the runs on the board in that department.
Yeah but the team already has plenty of kids. Once again you are looking at stats and quantity of output when we need a halfback that produces quality under pressure.

Active Now

• Scdeac
  • Harry Sack
  • MrMoore
  • Behind enemy lines
  • broncos4life
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Waynesaurus
  • TimWhatley
  • Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Skyblues87
  • Fozz
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.