Ben Hunt vs Ash Taylor

got to say, the slump has probably done Hunt's kicking game some good. Now that we're on the front-foot again, and he is playing with confidence, it's evident that his kicks have got a bit more thought behind them. The last two weeks, the majority of his kicks from inside our half have found ground and a few of them trapped the the storm within their 22

I think Hunt can still do some work on his kicking. Came up with some ordinary kicks early in the count on Friday which just presented the ball to the Storm.

I think Hunt can still do some work on his kicking. Came up with some ordinary kicks early in the count on Friday which just presented the ball to the Storm.

2 bad kicks he made in the whole game. One was on the 3rd which wasn't needed, the other one went into the legs of a defender directly infront of him and Melbourne got the ball back. Cronk made more than that.

2 bad kicks he made in the whole game. One was on the 3rd which wasn't needed, the other one went into the legs of a defender directly infront of him and Melbourne got the ball back. Cronk made more than that.

I thought Friday night was the most rushed/under pressure I've seen Cronk in a very long time, especially on his kicks. It was a real credit to our effort.

I thought Friday night was the most rushed/under pressure I've seen Cronk in a very long time, especially on his kicks. It was a real credit to our effort.

Cronk had all the time in the world. Far more than Hunt I thought. It was one thing I was dissappointed with.

I do think he was missing Proctor out there.

The short ball to Proctor is his pet play and while Bromwich is a good player, he just doesn't have that kind of combination with Cronk.

However, I think the main reason Cronk was below his best is because he doesn't have a Plan B. He puts so much focus on Plan A, that when it doesn't work, he resorts to exactly what Ben Hunt does when shit isn't going his way.. Just coming up with nothing plays.

His kicks were easily contained every single time, even his short kicking was below it's best. He was fucking rattled.

In Round 2 2009, we did the same thing to him. Our defence was superb and we shut down their plays all night long... He ended up trying hail mary kicks to the wingers and forcing passes.

In fact, I think that's just Melbourne Storm. They have a Plan A and they are a relentless with it. If you shut it down, they crumble.

Last edited:

He put in a couple of ordinary kicks.

But I thought his kicking overall was quite good. Because the chase was good.

How does that old saying go?

Your kick is only as good as your chase.

Last edited:
Re: Areas That Need Fixing for 2017

Debatble, Parcell certainly hasn't, but you could easily make an argument that if we had Taylor instead of Hunt this season we would've been a better side. You can't just look at line breaks and try assists and think they tell the whole story, the drastic difference in their short/mid kicking game is almost unfathomble, and I think it's that big of a difference that it overshadows whatever areas Hunt is better than Taylor in.
You could also make the argument that teams would score more tries against us therefore negating any repeat set that Taylor might get for us. Imagine having two defensive liabilities instead of just Milford.

Even if that was true, which it's not, we're talking about different teams, different coaches, systems and players around them, making it hard to make a realistic determination. They could have been better... or worse at the Broncos.
It is true.

You could also make the argument that teams would score more tries against us therefore negating any repeat set that Taylor might get for us. Imagine having two defensive liabilities instead of just Milford.
Yeah, repeating a falacy ad nauseum doesn't make it true...

Season 2016:
Taylor had 20 ineffective (avg 1.3) and 55 missed (avg of 2.9) tackles.
Hunt, had 29 ineffective (avg 1.7) and 83 missed (avg 3.6) tackles.

And Taylor did not have the best defensive second rower in the comp (Gillett) next to him!

Yeah, repeating a falacy ad nauseum doesn't make it true...

Season 2016:
Taylor had 20 ineffective (avg 1.3) and 55 missed (avg of 2.9) tackles.
Hunt, had 29 ineffective (avg 1.7) and 83 missed (avg 3.6) tackles.

And Taylor did not have the best defensive second rower in the comp (Gillett) next to him!

Hunt didn't have his best defensive year that is for sure. What does the tackles made stat say?

I'll answer it for you, Hunt made 582 tackles and Taylor made 361. Not even close. I wonder how many missed tackles Taylor would have if he was forced to make 582 tackles too.

Hunt didn't have his best defensive year that is for sure. What does the tackles made stat say?
Taylor 324 (avg 16.2)
Hunt 468 (avg 20.4)

Errors:
Taylor 12 (avg 0.6)
Hunt 24 (avg 1.1)

Taylor 324 (avg 16.2)
Hunt 468 (avg 20.4)

Errors:
Taylor 12 (avg 0.6)
Hunt 24 (avg 1.1)

Involvment:
Taylor sometimes
Hunt almost constant

Everyone needs to stop basing Hunts season on what the media tells you. Hunt was our better half this year. Your beef is with Milford.

Involvment:
Taylor sometimes
Hunt almost constant

Everyone needs to stop basing Hunts season on what the media tells you. Hunt was our better half this year. Your beef is with Milford.
Yeah, there's always an excuse... I'm sure you believe that.

1475452823.jpg

Yeah, there's always an excuse... I'm sure you believe that.

1475452823.jpg
Where was the excuse? Are you just fabricating things because you lost the argument? I've had this argument 56 times this year and it's stupid because Taylor fans can't accept his flaws but will shit on Hunt constantly. It's dumb, I'm right, you're wrong.

Where was the excuse? Are you just fabricating things because you lost the argument? I've had this argument 56 times this year and it's stupid because Taylor fans can't accept his flaws but will shit on Hunt constantly. It's dumb, I'm right, you're wrong.

The debate was Hunt vs Taylor, and when Porthoz hit you with the stats you changed it to "Oh, but Milford didn't play good this year either, blame him"

The debate was Hunt vs Taylor, and when Porthoz hit you with the stats you changed it to "Oh, but Milford didn't play good this year either, blame him"
You misunderstood, the debate was Hunt Vs Taylor, Hunt won. I moved on to where the blame should be placed as Hunt is just a scapegoat.

Unread

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • thenry
  • Skathen
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.