VOTE Ben Hunt

Get Hunt Back?

• Yeah

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 81 92.0%

• Total voters
Milfords kicking within a season of hunt leaving is now better than hunts. Would Milford have done this if hunt stayed? Probably not. So it's been good for Milfords development that hunt left.

Thought he played his more consistent games for us at nine when Macca was hurt towards the end of last year. Thought our attack picked up with him Milf and Niko on the field at the same time, particularly when the other pack started to tire. Not a million dollar player though and I think that penny may have dropped during the Eels thumping. We pay him half that and put him on the bench if he wants to come back.

Not convinced he'll ever surpass his mediocre form as a half. Would consider him as a relieving hooker for Macca though if he was on no more than $500k as he could cover the half spot if we were really desperate.

For the money he would be on definitely not, but I'm not going to pretend Nikorima is the better option either, neither upto the task IMO, Nikorima at best off the bench even then I would still think we could do better.

Last edited:
The half back we need is Adam Reynolds. He is the right age to cover us until our young halves are ready to take over (plus he could have a role in mentoring them through), has a great kicking game, fairly good organizer. He would take the pressure off Milf and allow Milf more of a running role and let him play off the cuff more. Having a dual kicking option would also be an advantage.

That article is a bit tough on Hunt just the same.
I'm fairly confident you won't find flattering stats from anyone with a 40 point loss, so to pin it on 1 player is ridiculous.
This late season fade out is a pattern and McGregor sold a 6mill $ fix to the board with the purchase of Hunt. He even stated he now has the squad he wanted. He would be under huge pressure to hold his job if they don't turn their season around.
I don't want Hunt back even though he would be better than Niko he is our past

Last edited:
You must not have watched him in his most recent game if you want him back.

Nah, I think it’s as simple as he’s an amazing player when the whole team is firing. If your team is dominating he will tear oppositions apart. As soon as any pressure is applied though and they need their half to build pressure, or play smart to grind out a win, he loses his mind.

That’s when he starts kicking the ball into shins, throwing stupid passes, kicking it dead, and bombing it too deep or far too shallow, and getting penalised/missing tackles in defence.

Unbreakable said "I think he's just mentally weak as shit."

@theshed you replied as above

I think you've just said the same thing different ways

To me, you just described "mentally weak"

Unbreakable said "I think he's just mentally weak as shit."

@theshed you replied as above

I think you've just said the same thing different ways

To me, you just described "mentally weak"

Nah, he said something seems to cook Hunt every year.

I was saying that I think he’s always cooked.

We both agreed he was mentally weak.

I believe what every Broncos fan is experiencing has a name. It's called 'schadenfreude'

You could have just said sour grapes, yeah mate I watched The Simpsons too.

How would it be sour grapes. Most were happy to see him go because he wasn't what we needed. He is continue to display he is not what we needed. What is your point.

For it to be schadenfreude he would have to be playing well yet we are still having a go because we were pissed we lost him.

If you can obviously look at his lack of game management, kicking game and general involvement when the going is tough and think that is good then that's great, mate.

You could have just said sour grapes, yeah mate I watched The Simpsons too.

Sour grapes and Schadenfreude are not the same meaning.

Sour grapes means to be bitter because you want back what you've lost or what someone else has.

Schadenfreude means to be happy because someone else has bad experiences.

Sour grapes is related to bitterness (hence the use of sour), Schadenfreude is connected more to darker realms of the psyche.

Sour grapes and Schadenfreude are not the same meaning.

Sour grapes means to be bitter because you want back what you've lost or what someone else has.

Schadenfreude means to be happy because someone else has bad experiences.

Sour grapes is related to bitterness (hence the use of sour), Schadenfreude is connected more to darker realms of the psyche.
BroncosHQ; the one place you can talk Broncos / footy and get an education at the same time.

Why would you want to spend time anywhere else!

Milfords kicking within a season of hunt leaving is now better than hunts. Would Milford have done this if hunt stayed? Probably not. So it's been good for Milfords development that hunt left.

Milford was doing extra work on his kicking while Hunt was here and in fact it was improving each season and it's still improving.

Hunt wasn't holding back Milford's development in those areas.

Active Now

• Dazza 92
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Fitzy
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Sproj
  • ivanhungryjak
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosgirl
  • Astro
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • Jazza
  • Stix
  • Bucking Beads
  • Justwin
  • Foordy
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.