VOTE Ben Hunt

Get Hunt Back?

• Yeah

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 81 92.0%

• Total voters
I definitely think we should have kept him as i don't think he was anywhere near as bad as people made him out to be ...

having said that, i don't think we should have increased our off to get close to the Dragons offer. the 750k we reportedly offered is about right
You’re all off your rockers. When the going gets tough Hunt is nowhere to be seen!

Your dreaming if you think the 2015 Milf and Hunt(both Langer and Walters produced superior seasons even when they didn't win premierships, Walters in 1990 and Langer in 1996 for example) were even remotely close to Langer and Walters, both of who were superior as ballrunners(Walters was very underrated here), playmakers and with their kicking ability(Langer's short kicking game is by far the best I have seen), could handle the big pressure moments far superior and their instinctive combination ranks as the best the Broncos have ever had.

Milf and Hunt in 2015 was the most exciting combo that I've seen in my time watching the Broncos. I didn't say better than Langer/Walters, mind you. If Hunt didn't shit the bed in the GF (where Milf was best on ground by the way) - that goes down as an all time classic Broncos halves pairing, and barring the GF, it does to me.

The combination play between Milf and Hunt in '15 was as good as I've seen from any halves pairing, Broncos or otherwise. Milf in '15 by the way was a better runner, and support runner, than Langer or Walters ever was. And in all honesty, Hunt was, at his best in '15, as good as the best that I've seen of Joey. Of course Langer/Walters is the number one pairing in Broncos history, maybe even club history altogether, but for mine, Milf/Hunt at their best was just as good.

(It's You're - as in you are dreaming, by the by. I know of a bloke that has a HUGE problem with such issues).

I guess it's more the fact that Milford has to do it now where as if hunt was still here he could easily pass the responsibility to hunt on the last tackle to make the kick.
That sounds like a Milford being lazy problem to me..

That sounds like a Milford being lazy problem to me..

Yeah that, or, Hunt's kicks were useless, so whether Hunt stayed or not, Milford had to assume the responsibility (on top of being the primary support runner in the team - zero metres run, lol).

Yeah that, or, Hunt's kicks were useless, so whether Hunt stayed or not, Milford had to assume the responsibility (on top of being the primary support runner in the team - zero metres run, lol).
That's not really what Winslow said but ok.

That's not really what Winslow said but ok.

His statement was hypothetical, as was yours. A hypothetical lazy Milf problem. Your favourite -especially where Hunt is involved.

No.

Good riddance.

A fresh start is what both Hunt and the club needed.

I'm glad he's gone.

You could have just said sour grapes, yeah mate I watched The Simpsons too.

How would it be sour grapes. Most were happy to see him go because he wasn't what we needed. He is continue to display he is not what we needed. What is your point.

For it to be schadenfreude he would have to be playing well yet we are still having a go because we were pissed we lost him.

If you can obviously look at his lack of game management, kicking game and general involvement when the going is tough and think that is good then that's great, mate.

Scheduanfraud because I'm enjoying watching him choke for other teams. Hell even watching him choke it up for QLD made me a little happy. I don't want him back ever.

How does Ben feel about Wayne possibly coming back to the Dragons lol

Scheduanfraud because I'm enjoying watching him choke for other teams. Hell even watching him choke it up for QLD made me a little happy. I don't want him back ever.

Yep, we are definitely on the same page there. Sorry for my misunderstanding earlier.

probably not that bad since Wayne didn't want to lose him, he did offer Hunt a reasonable deal, it's just that the Dragons offered him massive overs ... I'm sure Hunt wouldn't hold a grudge that Wayne wouldn't match the massive Dragons offer, like I'm sure Wayne doesn't hold a grudge that he accepted it.

If Wayne goes back to the dragons and by some nightmare situation we get griffin back then it'd be a hard sell for some fans to watch nrl again.

Griffin is exactly the kind of coach who's good enough to be a coach, but not good enough to bring about genuine success.

It would be an awful signing, at least if we sign a shit coach, he'll be gone after a season. If we sign Griffin, we'll hobble through a few finals series with no real success.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...k=ef2146bd6abf1b2ffe94a698c2d0c17c-1534321016

BEN Hunt’s wife Bridget has leapt to the NRL star’s defence and blasted his critics in the media for the “despicable bullying” she suggested could one day cost an athlete their life.
Hunt is in his first year with the Dragons after he was poached from the Broncos on a $6m, five-year deal (with an option for a sixth year) but after a promising start the wheels have fallen off.
St George was at the top of the table for much of the first half of the season but ever since Origin the side has gone on a downward spiral. The Dragons have lost five of their past six matches, including a 40-4 drubbing against 15th-placed Parramatta on the weekend.
It’s a trend the club has experienced in the past few seasons — starting strong and looking like a genuine premiership contender before running out of gas when the finals approach.
As the halfback and chief playmaker, Hunt has copped much of the blame. He was Queensland’s starting No. 7 in the first two Origin games but was relegated to the bench for Origin III after two uninspiring performances.
Since then his form at NRL level has also waned, resulting in a worrying display against the Eels where he had zero runs, sparking plenty of criticism.
But Bridget Hunt has hit out at those who trash players without any concern for how it affects their mental wellbeing, saying on social media it’s completely unfair to dump all the blame for the Dragons’ poor run on her husband’s shoulders.

You all know me, you know I'll never shy away from sticking the boot into the media when it suits, but FMD. Hunt has 6 million in income locked up for the next 6 years, but woe is me, all of the criticism he's copping for sloppy at best and flat out lazy performances at worst is apparently gonna make him kill himself. I mean fucking really.

If Hunt's image really meant that much to him, he would've taken massive unders to stay at Brisbane and make up for 2015. Dare I say it, if you had decided to take the high road and stay here, we'd already be top 4 and you would be looking at a solid gold chance to redeem yourself instead of collapsing along with Merge who have form in this exact thing, but nah, money talks. Your image can't mean THAT much to you, Benny.

Last edited:
Cruel that they used 'that' picture in the Curious Mail. It portrays the guy as hiding behind his wife both metaphorically and physically.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...k=ef2146bd6abf1b2ffe94a698c2d0c17c-1534321016

You all know me, you know I'll never shy away from sticking the boot into the media when it suits, but FMD. Hunt has 6 million in income locked up for the next 6 years, but woe is me, all of the criticism he's copping for sloppy at best and flat out lazy performances at worst is apparently gonna make him kill himself. I mean fucking really.

If Hunt's image really meant that much to him, he would've taken massive unders to stay at Brisbane and make up for 2015. Dare I say it, if you had decided to take the high road and stay here, we'd already be top 4 and you would be looking at a solid gold chance to redeem yourself instead of collapsing along with Merge who have form in this exact thing, but nah, money talks. Your image can't mean THAT much to you, Benny.

He had 2 seasons post grand final to redeem himself but was still as broken as ever up until his last game for us. He really had no choice but to leave for the sake of his career. Unfortunately he was offered a massive amount of coin by a club that has some of the most unforgiving fans in the nrl. So all he really did was piled more pressure on himself to perform. I kinda feel sorry for him that he just can't get his shit together.

Ok his missus has some valid points however.......

He is being a lot of money to perform to a certain standard which occasionally he gets near.

Fair enough the entire team shat the bed last week but he’s the king of fading out of games

Unread

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Manifesto
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bish
  • Broncosgirl
  • Shane Tronc
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncoscope
  • john1420
  • Strop
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.