VOTE Ben Hunt

Get Hunt Back?

• Yeah

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 81 92.0%

• Total voters
For it to be schadenfreude he would have to be playing well yet we are still having a go because we were pissed we lost him.

If you can obviously look at his lack of game management, kicking game and general involvement when the going is tough and think that is good then that's great, mate.

What? Schadenfreude just means that someone is getting joy out of someone else’s misfortune.

He was saying that people are enjoying watching the dragons tank again as Hunt returns to the form we all knew him for.

Wether or not that’s true is up for debate.
Personally I like watching the dragons fail because their fans always celebrate way too early in the season only to inevitably choke by season’s end. It has nothing. To do with Hunt for me and in fact I hope him all the best. Regardless of how accurate ‘schadenfruede’ describes what Broncos fans are feeling, it was still the right word to use given the intention of his post. It is your definition that is incorrect.

Milfords kicking within a season of hunt leaving is now better than hunts. Would Milford have done this if hunt stayed? Probably not. So it's been good for Milfords development that hunt left.
Most definitely, but if we could take him back now we’d be even better.

Sour grapes and Schadenfreude are not the same meaning.

Sour grapes means to be bitter because you want back what you've lost or what someone else has.

Schadenfreude means to be happy because someone else has bad experiences.

Sour grapes is related to bitterness (hence the use of sour), Schadenfreude is connected more to darker realms of the psyche.
For eg. the Brisbane Broncos faithful celebrating the demise of the Cowboys, and hopeful of the eventuality of a wooden spoon in JT's last season. muwahahaha.

Nah, I think it’s as simple as he’s an amazing player when the whole team is firing. If your team is dominating he will tear oppositions apart. As soon as any pressure is applied though and they need their half to build pressure, or play smart to grind out a win, he loses his mind.

That’s when he starts kicking the ball into shins, throwing stupid passes, kicking it dead, and bombing it too deep or far too shallow, and getting penalised/missing tackles in defence.

I think you've nailed it. I believe he is an amazing player. He's pulled off massive plays far too many times, in a vast variety of situations, to be considered simply average. The issue he has is that he pulls the trigger too often.

It's like he has all the skills, he even knows the plays for any given situation. It's just like he sucks at summing up all the variables. Like he has 9 out of the 10 parts set up, but doesn't realise that the one variable will kill the play. Or he simply decides he's going for it anyway.

The kick on the third being the perfect example. In Origin, it took a lot to get the pieces in play. The fullback was caught in the line after making a previous tackle. It was still the 3rd so the defence was up in the face of the runners, so there was no one back to field a kick. There was enough space between the defenders to get the kick through at the right angle. Unfortunately, either he never gestured to his runners that it was coming, or they thought it would come later. Regardless, he pulls the trigger, and it goes over the dead-ball line, throwing away two further attacking plays and giving NSW a 7-tackle set. Literally days later, he has the balls to do the exact same fucking thing, but this time that last variable - the kick-chasers - is in play. Pulls the trigger, wonderful try scored.

Can Hunt learn that last piece that'll push him from sporadically-amazing to elite? You'd think that if he could, he would have by now. Which makes me think that maybe it's not a maturity thing, or an experience thing, it's just an awareness that he simply does not possess. Would I take him back? For a price, for sure. But we did the right thing by not getting in to a bidding war.

For eg. the Brisbane Broncos faithful celebrating the demise of the Cowboys, and hopeful of the eventuality of a wooden spoon in JT's last season. muwahahaha.

JT copped a great hit in the Schadenfreudes on the weekend.

Yep. Wouldn't get run over like Kodi does. That in itself would have won us a few more games this season.

Then we could have a defensive half.....to match our defensive hooker

Yay !!!

That article is a bit tough on Hunt just the same.
I'm fairly confident you won't find flattering stats from anyone with a 40 point loss, so to pin it on 1 player is ridiculous.
This late season fade out is a pattern and McGregor sold a 6mill $ fix to the board with the purchase of Hunt. He even stated he now has the squad he wanted. He would be under huge pressure to hold his job if they don't turn their season around.
I don't want Hunt back even though he would be better than Niko he is our past
I don't agree it was tough on Hunt. There shouldn't ever be a game with zero runs or metres and they reported the facts. It was a shit effort and whether a stat is flattering or not there should at least be some action on which to base the stat but zero, seriously?

Sour grapes means to be bitter because you want back what you've lost or what someone else has.

Sour grapes is related to bitterness (hence the use of sour), Schadenfreude is connected more to darker realms of the psyche.

my bad, well there you go - learn something new everyday.

In summary to my point then.

Hunt was shit when he was here
Happy that he left
Hunt is still shit
Don't want him back.

Guys like him, Milf and Kodi pretty much need their forward pack to be on top to go well. Gotta be looking to run more off the back of them, and try to straighten a bit. Dragons forwards got dominated by the Eels.

Hunt just gets dominated by the game of Rugby League, really.

I don't agree it was tough on Hunt. There shouldn't ever be a game with zero runs or metres and they reported the facts. It was a shit effort and whether a stat is flattering or not there should at least be some action on which to base the stat but zero, seriously?
Especially when you lose your dominant half to injury. You're expected to double your efforts, though *** all squared is factually **** all so I might be being a bit harsh on him :-)

Milford was doing extra work on his kicking while Hunt was here and in fact it was improving each season and it's still improving.

Hunt wasn't holding back Milford's development in those areas.

I guess it's more the fact that Milford has to do it now where as if hunt was still here he could easily pass the responsibility to hunt on the last tackle to make the kick.

Until widdop went off at the 27th min he also had zero runs.
It was a tactic to spread the ball, still, I'm not trying to make excuses for Hunts effort but there were 16 shit performances in that game.
IMO they have a coaching issue. Mary cannot get his side to step up which is why I think WB is a huge chance of being at Saints next year.

Also I haven't seen a single quote from player or coach defending Hunt, they are all, it seems, happy to let him cop the blame. Weak as piss.

Last edited:
2015 Milf and Hunt was as good as Langer and Walters imo. Probably too much has happened now to have Hunt back, but jeez if Milf continues on improving his kicking and game management, Hunt would be a handy 6, where he should be with Milf at 7. Provided Hunt makes more than, lol, 0 metres run a game.

2015 Milf and Hunt was as good as Langer and Walters imo. Probably too much has happened now to have Hunt back, but jeez if Milf continues on improving his kicking and game management, Hunt would be a handy 6, where he should be with Milf at 7. Provided Hunt makes more than, lol, 0 metres run a game.
They'll put a statue up for Langer one day but never one for Milf or Hunt, that should give you pause for thought. Kev Walters won 7 premierships from memory. There would never be a time where I'd take a MilfHunt over WalterLanger combo except if I was horny and it was a different kind of MilfHunt I was embarking upon.

For it to be schadenfreude he would have to be playing well yet we are still having a go because we were pissed we lost him.

What? Schadenfreude just means that someone is getting joy out of someone else’s misfortune.

Regardless of how accurate ‘schadenfruede’ describes what Broncos fans are feeling, it was still the right word to use given the intention of his post. It is your definition that is incorrect.

35628250_1870888336304061_4475077844774420480_n.jpg

Dad, do you know what schadenfreude is?

Nooooooooooo, I do not know what schadenfreude is. Please tell me because I'm dying to know.

Your dreaming if you think the 2015 Milf and Hunt(both Langer and Walters produced superior seasons even when they didn't win premierships, Walters in 1990 and Langer in 1996 for example) were even remotely close to Langer and Walters, both of who were superior as ballrunners(Walters was very underrated here), playmakers and with their kicking ability(Langer's short kicking game is by far the best I have seen), could handle the big pressure moments far superior and their instinctive combination ranks as the best the Broncos have ever had.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.