NEWS Bennett: Broncos players will decide if they follow me to Souths

They would at least throw out some tactful questions like who the players think were the best club of last season, who they thought was an impressive coach, etc.
I respectfully disagree.who the players want as the coach would have little bearing on the final decision.

Last edited:
yes I agree with that, But what do you think Darius would say. Moose Macca and Gillett would be the only others.
I believe it's been reported that Milf and Roberts are also included in the leadership group as well

FWIW it doesn't seem like the playing group were all that heavily involved in the process, which to me if true is a bit of an error from the higher ups.

They should be looking to get buy in from at least the leadership group to know potential impacts of their decision.

Last edited:
The Roberts situation may be fabricated, but I can understand if he did leave.

Bennett has been his rock, the one person who has complete faith in him. It is, was, worth staying here for less money, simply because of that stability, and the fact that, long-term, staying on the rails may end up potentially more lucrative than a big contract that gets torn up after a year or two.

With Bennett gone, and no scope to follow him to Souths (and even then, Bennett's time is limited), he's effectively back to square one. I know as Broncos fans we'd all say that our environment is the best for him, but in Roberts' eyes, it was all Bennett. And Seibold is an unknown quantity. The Titans would at least prevent him from uprooting his life, so if their offer is decent enough, it may be his best option.

I wondered how long it would take before they switched the whiteanting from the Broncos to Bennett.

That certainly would have been, at least informally. No organisation I know does not put feelers out to see opinion before making a huge decision like this.
I can honestly say I've never once been consulted in the process to appoint my new boss/sack my old boss, and I doubt many people have.

Last edited:
I can honestly say I've never once been consulted in the process to appoint my new boss/sack my old boss.

you don't play for a professional sporting team (at least i assume you don't) ... while they don't get consulted before a coach is sacked ... the leadership group is often asked their opinion about shortlisted coaches

Last edited:
I would like to think that if our players with off-field welfare issues (e.g Lodge, and Roberts) do stay with us, that Siebold and Wayne will be professional and compassionate enough to have a discussion about it. Surely between the two of them they can make the transition as comfortable for these guys as possible, and continue to give them the support they need.

He didn't mention Roberts, who is the main one being thrown around by the media at the moment. He's probably the one we will lose, whether it be to Souths or some other club.

And honestly, based on last years form and factoring in ages, etc, I'd prefer to lose Roberts than Lodge, Oates or TPJ.

He didn't mention Roberts, who is the main one being thrown around by the media at the moment. He's probably the one we will lose, whether it be to Souths or some other club.

And honestly, based on last years form and factoring in ages, etc, I'd prefer to lose Roberts than Lodge, Oates or TPJ.

Yep, agree with all of that. As much as I like Roberts, if all we lose out of all of this is him I am ok with that.

Same way they always do ... Make shit up
Im actually keen to start a few rumours the other way. Souths have far more players off contract next year then us and itd take nothing more then a few social media comments to flame the fires.

Our players are constantly “rumoured” to be looking at signing elsewhere simply because it suits the medias agenda (clicks on article). Time we fight back via completly fabricated bs and fight fire with fire I reckon...

He did say ‘etc’ however why would he mention Roberts? He is not off-contract and he can only leave with the club’s blessing...

Active Now

• achievedrap
  • broncoscope
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wild Horse
  • Fitzy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Stix
  • Robboi_321
  • bb_gun
  • Manofoneway
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.