NEWS Bennett's Broncos dynasty on death row

Bennett knew this was coming the moment Morris was announced as chairman, and he has been doing his best to work the board into re-signing him since. A new chairman could have easily blinked with all Benny's games and extended his contract a couple of years, but the fact he hasn't suggests Newscorp had already decided his fate. I dare say that if another NRL club were genuinely interested, Bennett would be out the door at the end of this year with very little warning to the club.

If this is true, why the **** is Morris chairman of the board?

All I worry is, players getting sucked into this bullshit stuff. Hope they are not taking all this crap seriously instead, laugh at it & concentrate on how to perform & excel for 80 minute starting this Thursday.

Top 4 spot is ours for taking if they can outplay opponents from this week.

Last edited:
The media do all this because it sells papers. Newspapers, and their ever decreasing circulation are still the fabric of a country like this much like unions. One day, we'll stop paying attention to it and the problem will go away.

Until then, media personalities like those in the thread will dominate the news cycle based on lies, innuendo and made up stories. And until a Government comes out and says this stuff is illegal and you will be jailed, they will keep making money off the sheep that believe in it.

You know what all this is about. We have the crowds, we have the members, we have the financial clout, we have the true master coach and now we have the best up and coming forwards in the game. Sydney does not like this and does not want this. They have watched multiple clubs run themselves into the ground down there and boards eat eachother alive. Our board has always been out of the paper. There is no coincidence this is happening around the signatures of off contract players yet to be made. NSW media want those players playing south of the border and they don't want another Broncos dynasty. Suck a dick Kent and co. The bronxnation will stand by their club, you will have to pry our flags from our cold dead hands.

Bennett knew this was coming the moment Morris was announced as chairman, and he has been doing his best to work the board into re-signing him since. A new chairman could have easily blinked with all Benny's games and extended his contract a couple of years, but the fact he hasn't suggests Newscorp had already decided his fate. I dare say that if another NRL club were genuinely interested, Bennett would be out the door at the end of this year with very little warning to the club.

Well if newscorp have decided his fate, they have messed up the recruitment of his replacement.

You know what all this is about. We have the crowds, we have the members, we have the financial clout, we have the true master coach and now we have the best up and coming forwards in the game. Sydney does not like this and does not want this. They have watched multiple clubs run themselves into the ground down there and boards eat eachother alive. Our board has always been out of the paper. There is no coincidence this is happening around the signatures of off contract players yet to be made. NSW media want those players playing south of the border and they don't want another Broncos dynasty. Suck a dick Kent and co. The bronxnation will stand by their club, you will have to pry our flags from our cold dead hands.
Yep yep that what I reckon.

So according to Siebold in a live interview on Fox sports, he hasn’t even considered joining the Broncs, at least in part because the Broncos haven’t offered him a contract...

Seems an odd way to try and sign a coach. Talk to them about signing and put nothing concrete on the table...

They’ve already tried that several times and it hasn’t worked. You’d think they might try a different approach one day...

Last edited:
I think Broncos management should offer Bennett a new contract extension through to 2021.

I think they then should apologise...profusely.

And honestly... I hope Bennett tells them to get fucked.

So...you don't want Wayne coaching beyond next year?

So according to Siebolt in a live interview on Fox sports, he hasn’t even considered joining the Broncs, at least in part because the Broncos haven’t offered him a contract...

Seems an odd way to try and sign a coach. Talk to them about signing and put nothing concrete on the table...

They’ve already tried that several times and it hasn’t worked. You’d think they might try a different approach one day...
Or:
- Seibold is playing ducks and drakes;
- the whole story is complete rubbish (from the Broncos side at least) like the Green story.

If the Broncos were serious about signing him up, they’d obviously have some form of informal chats first, but he would know exactly where he stood.

As it stands, something doesn’t add up so I’m leaning toward it being more of a media beat-up / scuttlebutt at present.

Last edited:
According to Dubbo ( full of bs I know ) said players will walk if Bennett is forced out.

This could be all rubbish and Bennett will re sign at the end of this year for a couple of seasons.

The complete shambles surrounding the coaching position speaks more to the incompetence of White and Morris than it does of anyone else. White had the rug pulled under him to get rid of his ol mate Griffindonk. Morris is a corporate shill and former Manly season ticket holder appointed for dubious reasons and needs to be shown the door before fan's let it hit him on his arse.

edit: and go and get royally fucked any "true fans" who think the shit going on with tthe coaching position is a good thing.

Last edited:
According to Dubbo ( full of bs I know ) said players will walk if Bennett is forced out.

This could be all rubbish and Bennett will re sign at the end of this year for a couple of seasons.

I'd actually pretty confident he is right with that. Some players would want out if Bennett goes.

Will be rubbish, because just about all our players are under contract...

Or:
- Seibold is playing ducks and drakes;
- the whole story is complete rubbish (from the Broncos side at least) like the Green story.

If the Broncos were serious about signing him up, they’d obviously have some form of informal chats first, but he would know exactly where he stood.

As it stands, something doesn’t add up so I’m leaning toward it being more of a media beat-up / scuttlebutt at present.

Perhaps. He didn’t say he hasn’t spoken to the Broncs, just that Broncs haven’t offered him a contract. No “journo” thought to ask if he had been approached, held talks etc...

However that was kinda my point. If they don’t sign Wayne they WILL have to sign someone, so a contract will have to be offered at some point. The longer they leave it, the less will be available TO sign...

Last edited:
Not that difficult to get out of a contract these days

Not when both parties agree. However I doubt many clubs will agree to a mass exodus when it isn’t forced upon them, ie: Bulldogs at present.

Last edited:
Not when both parties agree. However I doubt many clubs will agree to a mass exodus when it isn’t forced upon them, ie: Bulldogs at present.

Problem is, a lot of players are pretty close to Bennett, and it wont do us any good if we have a group of unhappy players. We could have our hand forced as we wont want unhappy footballers.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Galah
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.