BHQ Countdown: Most Loved/Least Liked Players Reveal thread

Surely that's the wrong way around with Turps and Kahu. Kahu wasn't a world beater but he still played international football and come back from terrible injuries. Kahu had some great heart and the way he would sprint back on kick returns like another Hunt I use to love the spirit. I have next to nothing to say about Turpin other than he could make a good leg tackle wow.

Turps was a decent toiler who just isn't an NRL level starting hooker. I can see why he's in the liked list.

Kahu was an inspiring story, a talented young player who battled through multiple possible career ending injuries just to play first grade.

But 2019 would've turned a lot of people against him. He was still contracted to the Broncos and secured a release for the chance to play at fullback at the Cows. But that didn't work out for him and with no interest from elsewhere, he turns up back at the Broncos and the club is forced to keep him on the roster because he had a contract. He became the freeloading coworker who management can't fire and coasted along collecting his paycheck instead of retiring early.

Jesse Arthars is kind of doing the same thing this season isn’t he?

Jesse Arthars is kind of doing the same thing this season isn’t he?

Not really. He wanted to stay at the Warriors and I'm pretty sure they would've made an offer but the Broncos wanted him back.

Think he was a loan due to the border issues facing the Warriors rather than a release.

Kahu went on record to say he basically come back for the free rehab, couldn't have acted less interested. Flog thing to do.

The way they treated him it wasnt surprising. Not a great look for him though to sink to the same levels.

For me it was the "I'll reveal why I'm coming back to the Broncos", and then stumbles along explaining the technicality that is allowing him to come back and rehab while we foot the bill.

Kahu went on record to say he basically come back for the free rehab, couldn't have acted less interested. Flog thing to do.
On top of..... ALL the other free rehab and $$ we gave him during his entire busted arse career at the Broncs.
More time off the field than on

**** him...he's a shunt
...deserves to be in the top 50 hated.

For me it was the "I'll reveal why I'm coming back to the Broncos", and then stumbles along explaining the technicality that is allowing him to come back and rehab while we foot the bill.

I suppose at the end of the day we signed him to that contract so he was entitled to stick to it instead of losing money. He was plain stupid with what he said though.

Turpin had that one good season in 2019 where he carried us through some games that we didn't deserve to win. Away at Cronulla sticks in my mind. Horrible in his last two seasons, but he's never been a dick about anything. I at least respect him.

Kahu was a bit meh at times but also decent enough. Him coming back to **** with our cap sucked and him losing us the game against Canterbury (that's where the picture is from) come to mind. But he tried hard and overcame a lot to even play first grade.

By the way, this is where people only submitting a handful of players comes into things. Any player that featured in any top 11 or less will be in this top 50. So even though Allo was the only person to vote for Turpin, he got in.

Turpin had that one good season in 2019 where he carried us through some games that we didn't deserve to win. Away at Cronulla sticks in my mind. Horrible in his last two seasons, but he's never been a dick about anything. I at least respect him.

Kahu was a bit meh at times but also decent enough. Him coming back to **** with our cap sucked and him losing us the game against Canterbury (that's where the picture is from) come to mind. But he tried hard and overcame a lot to even play first grade.
Was that the game where he touched the short kickoff before it went 10?

I had forgotten that.

Seriously, we’ve had that many of them over the years (and far too many lately), it’s like we intentionally look to sign blokes who don’t know the fundamental rules.

By the way, this is where people only submitting a handful of players comes into things. Any player that featured in any top 11 or less will be in this top 50. So even though Allo was the only person to vote for Turpin, he got in.

What a fantastic countdown

mr burns GIF

So I guess untill we get to the top 20 or so it will be pretty random.

Like Turpin being ahead of Gamble seems to be an eye brow raiser already for me, but I only put a top 10 list with only one current player so my choices are still miles away from coming up.

Active Now

• jd87
  • Strop
  • Waynesaurus
  • Financeguy
  • Griffo
  • Skyblues87
  • Old Mate
  • Broncosgirl
  • Galah
  • Manofoneway
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • winslow_wong
  • Volvo Driver
  • Maddy
  • Foordy
  • john1420
  • Bucking Beads
  • Morkel
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.