BHQ's Best Ever Broncos Team - Lockyer

For the purpose of naming our best ever team, where should Lockyer be nominated?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i say fullback, coz itd suck to not have kevvie in the team haha

Fullback is my vote.

Can't go past 2006, as 5/8th - best players performance in the modern game, won us a premiership, can't knock that back

totally. locky is a better 5/8, but still this affects other positions. woudl you rather have karmichael hunt or kevin walters in the team?

To be honest I think it's worth listing him in both positions. Whichever position he gets selected for most he gets.

He'll probably win 2 spots, in which case the runner up can be fullback/five-eighth.
However, if you put him at five-eighth you risk him missing out because there'll be sentimentalists who pick Lewis.

Well maybe he should be better at his job and he wouldn't miss out... hmmmmm?

I went fullback, so we can fit Kevvie Walters in as well

pennywisealfie said:
totally. locky is a better 5/8, but still this affects other positions. woudl you rather have karmichael hunt or kevin walters in the team?

I just assumed Kempy would get the FB job - those few games have been spectacular, him or Hodgo

He may go down in history as the greatest fullback of alltime but he certainly won't go down in history as the greatest 5/8th of alltime (although he has been tremendous for us in the role) so it is an easy choice for me. Fullback all the way.

Fullback for mine because Kevvie has to be in there.

Fullback for the purposes of Kevvie Walters

mrslong said:
Fullback for the purposes of Kevvie Walters

I think he is a great 5/8 but i think he was a better fullback

I think he is equally as awesome at 5/8 as he was at fullback! BUT we need to have room for 5 x premiership winner Kevin Walters and that's why I went with fullback.

There is no way he is equally as awesome, in attack absolutely but as a defender he was world class at fullback in the 5/8th position he is far too often pedestrian. He does make up for his deficiencies in defense ten fold in attack at 5/8th but at fullback he had it all and was a truly complete player. I rate Lockyer the fullback the equal of Johns and better than anyone else I have ever seen play the game (keeping in mind I didn't see much of Wally in his prime).

Fullback, as much as I love Darren Lockyer as a player he was at his height as a fullback not 5/8th, that doesn't mean I don't rate him as a 5/8th either but this is to be the best ever Broncos team and theres no way Lockyer could be anywhere else but at fullback if you want an accurate side, and to be frank I rate Kevin Walters a better allround 5/8th player anyway.

The Gymp said:
He may go down in history as the greatest fullback of alltime but he certainly won't go down in history as the greatest 5/8th of alltime (although he has been tremendous for us in the role) so it is an easy choice for me. Fullback all the way.
yahtzee.

Lockyer was the best fullback ive ever seen, and probably will ever see. he was ALWAYS in the right position, and had the best kick return of anyone ive ever seen as well. the defenders knew what he was going to do, but just could not stop it - thats the sign of a great player. think JT with his 'show and go' - everyone knows hes gonna do it, but it just works time and time again. Lockyer was the same with drifting across field on his kick returns, then going straight through. at fullback his 1-on-1 defence was second to none. the only other fullback capable of saving the same amount of tries that looked like definite tries is billy slater, and he's well on his way to being one of the all time great fullbacks (if he already isnt).

at five-eighth he's been good, had glimpses of greatness, but nowhere near the consistency or commanding performances that he had from fullback.

I agree with both GC and AP, also add to that Kevin Walters is far far better than our second choice options at fullback KHunt and O'Neill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • MrMoore
  • Midean
  • Lostboy
  • LittleDavey
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • Browny
  • Financeguy
  • Emanon
  • Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Fatboy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncorob
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.