PLAYER Billy Walters

What role should Billy Walters play?

• Total voters
lol this actually explains a lot

It was really interesting and smart; players are taught from seven years old to verbalise what they want on the field and what they are doing. To see them not be able to do that and rely on watching the player improved their understanding of their teammates.

Every player has tells. If you know them, you can be moving seconds earlier and that can only be positive.

I have heard Mat Johns say he just had to look at the way Andrew was standing to know where he had to be and what was happening.

It was really interesting and smart; players are taught from seven years old to verbalise what they want on the field and what they are doing. To see them not be able to do that and rely on watching the player improved their understanding of their teammates.

Every player has tells. If you know them, you can be moving seconds earlier and that can only be positive.

I have heard Mat Johns say he just had to look at the way Andrew was standing to know where he had to be and what was happening.

So they don`t talk at training , but in a game Carrigan is a motor mouth ?
How does that work ?

I thought the old adage was train the way you play ?

How does that work ?

They obviously don’t do it all the time. It was basically a drill

How does that work ?

It's not really that hard, you don't have to stop talking in games but if you learn a teammate's nonverbal cues you might know what they're doing before they say it or they might not have to speak and that might save you a second reaction time.

It's not really that hard, you don't have to stop talking in games but if you learn a teammate's nonverbal cues you might know what they're doing before they say it or they might not have to speak and that might save you a second reaction time.

10 5

Cobbo: Kev Has Brought Us All Together​

broncos.com.au
Fri 9 Jun 2023, 02:20 PM

Broncos speedster Selwyn Cobbo has praised Coach Kev Walters for uniting the Broncos squad with the mantra: “Whatever we do, we do together”.

The young winger has come a long way after only a few seasons at NRL for the Broncos but he is still focused on growing his game along with the entire Broncos roster.

“Everything is moving pretty fast at the moment. I didn’t think I would be playing at this level at this age. I’m so grateful,” said Cobbo.

“Last year was my first proper NRL season. I know what it’s like now and I’ve learnt.

"Kevvie has been really helpful to me and the boys. He’s doing his job and he’s very proud of us and where he’s at. He brought us all together, we’re all in it as one. Whatever we do, we do together."

Cobbo also gave an insight into his Queensland selection and his emotions at playing for the Maroons.

“Leading up to Origin was chill but when I chucked the Maroon jersey on, the nerves started kicking in. It’s a different level and I feel like I’ve got more coming,” said Cobbo.

“Growing up I always wanted to play for Queensland, and I didn’t get the opportunity till last year. I didn’t play any rep footy when I was growing up so to get that opportunity will be with me forever.”

Not propaganda at all, given the happenings of the last few days. This is Monty python stuff now lol.

Not propaganda at all, given the happenings of the last few days. This is Monty python stuff now lol.
I think I might have missed something. What has been happening?

He’s getting limited minutes because he hasn’t been very good, not because of this nepotism thing you’re attempting to run with
if Nepotism wasn’t a thing then billy would have been getting limited minutes since he joined the team last year, while he was playing shithouse in every game. Instead he has NEVER been dropped, no matter his form. He pretty much debuted in the nrl at the sweet age of 28, under his father.

Just ANOTtHER one biting the dust when it comes to competition for Billy’s spot.

let’s move on and see what happens next.

if Nepotism wasn’t a thing then billy would have been getting limited minutes since he joined the team last year, while he was playing shithouse in every game. Instead he has NEVER been dropped, no matter his form. He pretty much debuted in the nrl at the sweet age of 28, under his father.

Just ANOTtHER one biting the dust when it comes to competition for Billy’s spot.

let’s move on and see what happens next.

Excuse me while I get my violin

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Fitzy
  • broncoscope
  • Wolfie
  • whykickamoocow
  • lynx000
  • LittleDavey
  • Skathen
  • Behold
  • BroncosAlways
  • Strop
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.