PLAYER Billy Walters

What role should Billy Walters play?

• Total voters
Let's not get too carried away, Walters played well but it wasn't even in the same category as a Berrigan vs. Bulldogs 06. Before Blair obliterated his ACL, Macca had enough good games that would be on par and even Ben Hunt had a good stint there in the back end of his stay at the Broncos.

The comment was .... since Berrigan
Was Billy’s performance last weekend the best Broncos 9 performance since Berrigan?
Wich is a sad commentary on the void containing better than average dummy halves we've had to endure.

Ben Hunt......
maybe.

Who are the other candidates?

@Sproj your time to shine.
Found a list, he stands out in a bad way.

Screenshot 20230820 152856 Firefox

The comment was .... since Berrigan

Wich is a sad commentary on the void containing better than average dummy halves we've had to endure.

Ben Hunt......
maybe.
Yes Fourex, but when you make that point you have to actually illustrate what a Berrigan performance looks like. I don't think any dummy half has touched that performance including Billy. I'd argue that there have been several performances as good as what Billy produced against the Eels.

It's all good to give credit where it's due, but let's not get carried away...

Yes Fourex, but when you make that point you have to actually illustrate what a Berrigan performance looks like. I don't think any dummy half has touched that performance including Billy. I'd argue that there have been several performances as good as what Billy produced against the Eels.

It's all good to give credit where it's due, but let's not get carried away...

On that point we agree...... it was a rather over the top statement to begin with.

Macca being signed by the Dragons was one of my favourite moments as a Bronco fan.

12 years of bog average.
Jesus, I can’t believe it was actually 12 year and 250 games. Feels like 4 or 5 really long years but I had completely removed the memories from my brain.

He played like 70 games with Lockyer. It’s like when people say Cleopatra’s life was closer to the building of the first Pizza Hut than it was to the building of the pyramids. The timeline doesn’t sound right

Yeah for sure although I always rated Glenn in the good not great category. Macca... Ughh, it hurts to think how long he pained me with his turtle runs and awful dive over attempts.

Up there with John Morris for how did they reach 300 games.
They don't have any rings. I think if we win in 2015 that would have lifted their legacies - particularly Glenn's, who would have played for QLD if he was eligible.

Segyaro had a few good games too from memory, as did Granville. PJ Marsh had some great performances
I remember being livid when Granville signed with the Cowboys. I thought he was the better 9 out of him and Andrew Mccullough. Problem we had was that these dummy halves looked great when they came on and played 40ish minutes but when they played full games they lost their potency. That was Mccullough. He just turned in to a tackling machine which meant he was just passing from the PTB and really offered little in attack.

Agree regarding Granville...... was pissed off when he left us. I blamed Paul Green.

Still Jake did seem to fit the super-sub mould rather than your starting hooker position.

That game against Melbourne in 2015, was it Parcell? That was a pretty decent showing.
Yep. I really thought he was going to be someone special for us. I still don’t know what happened. Did he just not really want it?

He's gone on to have a really good career in the Super League too. He would have been a much better option than Macca.
Yep....I'd consider Parcell as one of the good ones that got away.

Active Now

• Stix
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Galah
  • Volvo Driver
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrTickyMcG
  • ostin86
  • GCBRONCO
  • Painin the Haas
  • broncs30
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • IceWorks
  • bert_lifts
  • Ejbroncos
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.