RUMOUR Blake Green linked with move to Brisbane Broncos to solve playmaking crisis

We are only talking one year, and he is not Darius Boyd 33, more Corey Parker 33.

It's just delaying the same problem for another 12 months. Hope a junior shows up, or hope someone wants to play for a misfiring Broncos.

We aren't talking about a long term investment here, Nash
Maybe it can be more long term. 2 years on the field teaching the younger halfs to be poised and then a halfs coaching role. Green is a very solid proven option.
The only issue being a history of injury but that can be any player. Buying players is a risk.

From where i am sitting Dearden could use another 12 to 18 months of cooking before he is ready and Green is a good option if your future is still Dearden. If we go with a younger option it could impact our other developing playmakers as your paying top dollar on half and will likely be pressed not to drop them if they underperform.

Green could bring a bit of that Cronk like experience to the Broncos.

You reckon, I thought he was on his way out. That dunk he did the other day changed my mind a little
Yeah that’s what I’m basing it off. Fucking ridiculous. I shot some hoops the other day, tried to jump and touch the rim and felt like I got about 4 inches off the ground. Those guys are freaks.

It's just delaying the same problem for another 12 months. Hope a junior shows up, or hope someone wants to play for a misfiring Broncos.
We already have a junior that has showed up, but he probably does need another year to hone his craft and Green on a cheap, one year deal in the meantime doesn't exactly carry much downside risk at all.

I'd much rather have Croft. In fact, as far as Warriors Halves go I'd rather have Keighran who I think the Warriors might actually be prepared to release, but if none of those options exist, Green is very low risk with a reasonable chance of some upside.

Hopefully Dearden spends 12 months braining them in Queensland Cup and he's busting down the door at NRL level by seasons end.

Last edited:
I think green would be a good asset, but I don’t see how we have the money, if we can’t get Croft for 400k. I believe green is on around 600k a year and I’m doubting the warriors would want to chip in more then say 200k, which would mean he is costing us 400k, unless he is prepared to take a decent cut to play for us for a year or 2.
it’ll be interesting to see what transpires but I don’t think it’ll happen.
It could be our attempt to make Melbourne blink first over Croft.

If we got green that is a potential premiership window if dearden has a blinder, Milford would have to be Fullback if that happened though.

If we got green that is a potential premiership window if dearden has a blinder, Milford would have to be Fullback if that happened though.

Milford at fullback would stifle our premiership window.

If we buy a half it needs to be croft, otherwise we suck it up, send macca and boyd on their way end of year and then buy a quality half next season.

Milford at fullback would stifle our premiership window.

If we buy a half it needs to be croft, otherwise we suck it up, send macca and boyd on their way end of year and then buy a quality half next season.
Disagree, Milford can work at fullback if he gets fitter, Croft has shown nothing to me that suggests he is going to be anything other then a flop, he crumbles under pressure the last thing we need(not to mention he plays for Melbourne Scum).

Experienced player like Green would stedy the ship and be a good partner for Dearden to learn off.

Last edited:
Disagree, Milford can work at fullback if he gets fitter, Croft has shown nothing to me that suggests he is going to be anything other then a flop, he crumbles under pressure the last thing we need.

Experienced player like Green would stedy the ship and be a good partner for Dearden to learn off.
What competition were you watching? He was the Halfback all year for the team that easily won the Minor Premiership?

When exactly did he crumble under pressure? You realise Melbourne got rolled in the finals AFTER they dropped him right?

Active Now

• Tim K
  • Mustafur
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.