RUMOUR Blake Green linked with move to Brisbane Broncos to solve playmaking crisis

What competition were you watching? He was the Halfback all year for the team that easily won the Minor Premiership?

When exactly did he crumble under pressure? You realise Melbourne got rolled in the finals AFTER they dropped him right?
The NRL?

Let's look at it logically, most of his job was taken by Cameron Smith because he couldn't be trusted to kick the ball, he made crucial errors that meant that the team couldn't even depend on him being a half and he was dropped for a Fullback.

Sorry but in what world is he the best Halfback?

You can't just say he is an elite half and it will happen he is rubbish, the best he looked his entire career was when he was given those few games to play in 2017 when Melbourne had players off for origin he has failed expectations and he is on the outer.

All for good reason.

The NRL?

Let's look at it logically, most of his job was taken by Cameron Smith because he couldn't be trusted to kick the ball, he made crucial errors that meant that the team couldn't even depend on him being a half and he was dropped for a Fullback.

You can't just say he is an elite half and it will happen he is rubbish, the best he looked his entire career was when he was given those few games to play in 2017 when Melbourne had players off for origin he has failed expectations and he is on the outer.

All for good reason.
Literally no one has called him the best Halfback?

You said everything he's done suggests he's going to be a flop. This is a guy who's played in a key position for the team that easily won the Minor Premiership. He was also the Vice Captain and Halfback of the Junior Kangaroos this year and has been part of the emerging Kangaroos and Maroons setup for a while now. If those are standards that you'd consider calling a player a flop for, then you need a reality check I'm afraid.

I don't know that he'll be the next Langer, but at 21 he's already got a pretty impressive CV that suggests he's going to have a long and successful NRL career.

Literally no one has called him the best Halfback?

You said everything he's done suggests he's going to be a flop. This is a guy who's played in a key position for the team that easily won the Minor Premiership. He was also the Vice Captain and Halfback of the Junior Kangaroos this year and has been part of the emerging Kangaroos and Maroons setup for a while now. If those are standards that you'd consider calling a player a flop for, then you need a reality check I'm afraid.

I don't know that he'll be the next Langer, but at 21 he's already got a pretty impressive CV that suggests he's going to have a long and successful NRL career.
The way he plays he has no urgency and looks out of his element, he is Young(which this team doesn't really need at this point we need experience) and he isn't a known kicker, we already have Milford working overtime on the kicking and if he plays Fullback we are exposed, I would much rather take Green and develop what we have, rather then take the cheating scums left overs.

He was given a Shane Perry role and couldn't even do that, sorry but no thanks.

Last edited:
Yep............right..............the Junior Kangaroos vice captain halfback is a numpty....................clearly he offers nothing at all. #sarcasm

Yep............right..............the Junior Kangaroos vice captain halfback is a numpty....................clearly he offers nothing at all. #sarcasm
My thoughts exactly...

When he's most likely the ACTUAL Kangaroos Halfback in 5 years from now, we're going to be absolutely kicking ourselves that we couldn't find a way to get him to Brisbane for 400k.

This is a club that has missed out on or overlooked just about every great Queensland Half since Darren Lockyer, so we may as well miss out on Croft now too and continue that proud tradition we've got going on.

Last edited:
Its a no brainer, at $400k to $500k you surely take the gamble on a junior kangaroo half if the opportunity presents itself and the funds are available.

Its just those last two things that are possibly the stumbling block.

Its a no brainer, at $400k to $500k you surely take the gamble on a junior kangaroo half if the opportunity presents itself and the funds are available.

Its just those last two things that are possibly the stumbling block.
With Haas, Fifita and Croft you have what may well have a good chunk of the nucleus of the Kangaroos team in a few years time.

If he is off contract at the end of next season, sign him now for 2021 onwards and play Melbourne's bluff. If it is true that Boyd's option is a mutual option, tell him now that the option will not be renewed so we know we have the funds next year.

Croft is not the best halfback in the Comp, nowhere near it but he is young, the junior kangaroos halfback, can kick field goals under pressure and has huge potential.

But no, let’s look at what he can’t do (which is mostly conjecture by the way) and therefore write him off.

Because you know, JT was too inconsistent, Cronk wasn’t gifted enough, Smith got going a little too late at junior level, Slater wasn’t worth the extra couple of dollars or years, etc.

Focus on what the kid can do and take the punt. If he fails, so be it but if he doesn’t, well then what?

My only worry is we get him then he keeps the spot and Dearden leaves to become the next superstar somwhere else. It would be so recent Broncos like for that to happen.

My thoughts exactly...

When he's most likely the ACTUAL Kangaroos Halfback in 5 years from now, we're going to be absolutely kicking ourselves that we couldn't find a way to get him to Brisbane for 400k.

This is a club that has missed out on or overlooked just about every great Queensland Half since Darren Lockyer, so we may as well miss out on Croft now too and continue that proud tradition we've got going on.

It’s almost like we are allergic to halves. I can’t think of any other way to justify the clubs dealings with this position.

It’s almost like they took the Lockyer is irreplaceable mantra a bit too literally. When he retired, so did the brains of our recruitment gurus

My only worry is we get him then he keeps the spot and Dearden leaves to become the next superstar somwhere else. It would be so recent Broncos like for that to happen.

It is a really important point you raise and exactly why you don't offer him a four year contract with the final two years in his favour.

You reckon, I thought he was on his way out. That dunk he did the other day changed my mind a little
The NRL?

All for good reason.
Cameron Smith took his job because he's no longer getting the spotlight as the best hooker around. Cam09 will be looked back upon with the same fondness as a dog that just crapped on the carpet or Lance Armstrong. Win at all costs and burn anyone who doesn't consider ypur God.

Unread

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.