PLAYER Blake Mozer

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Hmm...amazingly...you might know the guy who is front and centre in bringing this up constantly REALLY well.

I'll give you a clue, he's a wannabe journalist.
Foordy or Superfreak?

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
I was waiting till Mozer would have a good game for this, because it's as predictable as seeing a dogs reaction when you have food in your hand.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
What do you mean `will', you have been residing there for years, you have built a shopping centre, three unit developments and a retirement village. It is a pretty crowded hill.

You can`t stand in the way of progress ! LOL .

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I was waiting till Mozer would have a good game for this, because it's as predictable as seeing a dogs reaction when you have food in your hand.
It was a good game. Long time coming.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Yeah this one isn't the key it will be the next one when he might have played two years of ISC in 23 and 24 and a handful of NRL games and impressed.

Grant played those two years in 18 and 19 at the Falcons, was just unreal and then extended with the Storm at the end of 19 until 22.

That's going to be the key to get a deal like that done if the next two years go well.

My prediction from 2022 when Mozer re-signed has come to pass- it's nearly November.

I remember in 2019, he got six other offers from Sydney clubs and the Titans and turned them down for the Broncos and signed an extension in 2020 and then 2022- so he's signed three times with the Broncos. Need a fourth.

I am pretty sure he doesn't leave the Coast and hopefully Broncos. He's been really impressive this week handling his "instant fame."

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
My prediction from 2022 when Mozer re-signed has come to pass- it's nearly November.

I remember in 2019, he got six other offers from Sydney clubs and the Titans and turned them down for the Broncos and signed an extension in 2020 and then 2022- so he's signed three times with the Broncos. Need a fourth.

I am pretty sure he doesn't leave the Coast and hopefully Broncos. He's been really impressive this week handling his "instant fame."
That's really good to hear. I am very sure KWs post match comments were all about keeping this kids feet on the ground.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
article in today's paper saying Mozer has declared his future is with us and has no interest in leaving the club.

Blake Mozer said:

“One hundred per cent,” he said when asked if he would remain with the Broncos.

“I love this place. I love the players and all the coaching staff.

“It has been the best seven years and hopefully it can go for longer.

“I’ll do whatever it takes. Whether we start winning games, it doesn’t matter. As long as I am playing, I am happy.

“Eventually you want to push for (starting) spots. When that time comes, I will, but for now I am happy.”

Having made the most of his return to the NRL, Mozer admitted he was frustrated playing in the Hostplus Cup but remained patient in the hope of being elevated.

“At times (it was frustrating). I won’t lie to you, I wished I was out there more earlier in the season,” he said.

“It wasn’t like it was unfair. I knew what I was waiting for and they (coaches) were speaking to me. They weren’t keeping me in the dark, they were letting me know.

“I knew it was coming and I was just being patient. I was playing good footy in Cup and when it came I grabbed it with two hands.

“Patience is a virtue, man. I was eager to be out there so I just had to bide my time.

“It has all paid off so hopefully I can repay the club for giving me a position.”

thenry

thenry

QCup Player
Jul 20, 2017
article in today's paper saying Mozer has declared his future is with us and has no interest in leaving the club.

Blake Mozer said:

“One hundred per cent,” he said when asked if he would remain with the Broncos.

“I love this place. I love the players and all the coaching staff.

“It has been the best seven years and hopefully it can go for longer.

“I’ll do whatever it takes. Whether we start winning games, it doesn’t matter. As long as I am playing, I am happy.

“Eventually you want to push for (starting) spots. When that time comes, I will, but for now I am happy.”

Having made the most of his return to the NRL, Mozer admitted he was frustrated playing in the Hostplus Cup but remained patient in the hope of being elevated.

“At times (it was frustrating). I won’t lie to you, I wished I was out there more earlier in the season,” he said.

“It wasn’t like it was unfair. I knew what I was waiting for and they (coaches) were speaking to me. They weren’t keeping me in the dark, they were letting me know.

“I knew it was coming and I was just being patient. I was playing good footy in Cup and when it came I grabbed it with two hands.

“Patience is a virtue, man. I was eager to be out there so I just had to bide my time.

“It has all paid off so hopefully I can repay the club for giving me a position.”
Coates said pretty much the same thing, then signed 2 weeks later with the cheats.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013

- Watching a lot of film - Smith, Buderus, now Grant
- Wants to bring spark
- Wants to fight for the starting position
- Been at Broncs since 13
- Loves the place, the players, the coaching staff
- Been there 7 years, loves the place (repeated)
- Happy for now getting his shot, will push to start later but happy to bid his time
- Was frustrated at times with not getting a shot but he was communicated with
- Was patient and knew the shot was coming and then grabbed it with both hands
- Hard getting compared to the greatest player of all time, just play my own footy
- He was average sized when he was younger and then had a massive growth spurt but had already been used to being a 9
- Wants to meet Smith one day - lock him as a Storm player in the future I guess will be the response on this forum

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013

- Watching a lot of film - Smith, Buderus, now Grant
- Wants to bring spark
- Wants to fight for the starting position
- Been at Broncs since 13
- Loves the place, the players, the coaching staff
- Been there 7 years, loves the place (repeated)
- Happy for now getting his shot, will push to start later but happy to bid his time
- Was frustrated at times with not getting a shot but he was communicated with
- Was patient and knew the shot was coming and then grabbed it with both hands
- Hard getting compared to the greatest player of all time, just play my own footy
- He was average sized when he was younger and then had a massive growth spurt but had already been used to being a 9
- Wants to meet Smith one day - lock him as a Storm player in the future I guess will be the response on this forum

Gods willing this attitude holds. Smoothy needs to be moved on just to convince Mozer his spot is safe. Yes, I am willing to go that far to ward off other clubs, especially the Rorters. I will not apologize for taking extreme stances around the hooker position, we have pissed on its importance as a club for that long.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Gods willing this attitude holds. Smoothy needs to be moved on just to convince Mozer his spot is safe. Yes, I am willing to go that far to ward off other clubs, especially the Rorters. I will not apologize for taking extreme stances around the hooker position, we have pissed on its importance as a club for that long.
Replacing the coach would kill two birds with one stone. If you're into killing birds.

And you'd get to keep a decent short term/depth hooker, with no distracting baggage, in Smoothy.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
Replacing the coach would kill two birds with one stone. If you're into killing birds.

And you'd get to keep a decent short term/depth hooker, with no distracting baggage, in Smoothy.
How long till 'he is only starting because of media hype' gets a run on BHQ? Seems we always need a whipping boy.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncosAlways
  • Harry Sack
  • Matheos
  • scobie
  • Dexter
  • Santa
  • Sproj
  • Stix
  • Jedhead
  • Justwin
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.