PLAYER Blake Mozer

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
I doubt it - Paix and Mozer come off contract at the same time. We can probably just backend his deal if need be. I think as long as we keep giving Mozer opportunities (and he keeps performing, saturday was a very small sample with a lot of asterisks), we should be in pole position to retain him.

If someone throws the house what can you do?

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
If someone throws the house at Mozer the scrubs in the media who compared him to Cameron Smith should get a cut.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I favour Smoothy, but part of that is to move on from the petty bickering over Walters.

Hmm...amazingly...you might know the guy who is front and centre in bringing this up constantly REALLY well.

I'll give you a clue, he's a wannabe journalist.

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
I'm okay having a fanbase, even if a few of you are downright creepy.

Well, that's certainly a narcissistic interpretation of events, but definitely on brand.

Or, you know, it could just be that you've become a meme and people like making fun of you.

Chewed

Chewed

QCup Player
Feb 1, 2017
I doubt it - Paix and Mozer come off contract at the same time. We can probably just backend his deal if need be. I think as long as we keep giving Mozer opportunities (and he keeps performing, saturday was a very small sample with a lot of asterisks), we should be in pole position to retain him.

If someone throws the house what can you do?

Our depth is screwed because we're carrying too many players in positions like hooker Smoothy, Walters, Paix, Mozer and Bukowski. We have Riki and Piakura in 2rf..... And that's it. We've signed some spuds to try cover that up but it's a glaring hole that should have been fixed preseason.

We'll probably have to sell/pay freight to get a hooker off the books. No one wants any of them besides Mozer.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Our depth is screwed because we're carrying too many players in positions like hooker Smoothy, Walters, Paix, Mozer and Bukowski. We have Riki and Piakura in 2rf..... And that's it. We've signed some spuds to try cover that up but it's a glaring hole that should have been fixed preseason.

We'll probably have to sell/pay freight to get a hooker off the books. No one wants any of them besides Mozer.

How are they carrying Bukowski; he's not even on a development deal yet. He's just on a full-time training deal.

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
How are they carrying Bukowski; he's not even on a development deal yet. He's just on a full-time training deal.
Best not try and talk to them about facts and reason. They are talking in riddles because they don't have a clue!

Chewed

Chewed

QCup Player
Feb 1, 2017

Because we had 3 hookers on the books already and have Bukowski coming through. He could be upgraded to a development contract if we had an injury run in the hookers.

Same thing we've done with Va'a Semu. He wasn't on a development deal either, until he was and then he was 18th man.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Because we had 3 hookers on the books already and have Bukowski coming through. He could be upgraded to a development contract if we had an injury run in the hookers.

Same thing we've done with Va'a Semu. He wasn't on a development deal either, until he was and then he was 18th man.

Va'a was signed to an NRL contract for next year, they just brought it forward to be on a development contract in 24.

Cameron isn't on an NRL deal next year. He isn't taking up any money or spot as far as the cap or top 30 is concerned at the moment.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I'd be amazed if Bukowski wasn't around Red Hill next year.

Also I wish clubs fell into the habit of naming all their contracted players. It doesn't matter if they're just on a training contract - as of last year, training contracts are the new development contracts and those players are eligible for the NRL squad post-Round 11.

This idea that Walters had 13 unavailable players (possibly 14 @Morkel, what's the skinny on Bailey?) ergo he couldn't name a full 22 man squad is a fallacy. He could have easily picked Petterson-Robati in his usual position but opted not to.

It doesn't help that the only player really putting their hand up is Coster. Sadly he's too small and had too many birthdays.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Billy's try was a fine effort, the pantomime with Sloan made good theatre, but he handed possession to the Dragons three times and his tenure at dummy half coincided with them running all over us.

That shouldn't earn him a "played good" from the coach, especially in the context of being asked about another player who clearly lifted the team out of the muck.

I can't get excited about Smoothy but I thought he did his job out of position.

I think Mozer would be a better lock than Smoothy .

Bish

Bish

QCup Player
May 11, 2023
The boy did well.

Signs of potential for the future. Would like to see more, get a run of games on the bench and see how he goes.

More seriously, how do you pronounce his name?

‘Mo-sar’
‘Moss-ar’
‘Motzar’
Other?

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
The boy did well.

Signs of potential for the future. Would like to see more, get a run of games on the bench and see how he goes.

More seriously, how do you pronounce his name?

‘Mo-sar’
‘Moss-ar’
‘Motzar’
Other?

Moe-Zer

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Hmm...amazingly...you might know the guy who is front and centre in bringing this up constantly REALLY well.

I'll give you a clue, he's a wannabe journalist.

Interested Ooo GIF by reactionseditor

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I'd be amazed if Bukowski wasn't around Red Hill next year.

Also I wish clubs fell into the habit of naming all their contracted players. It doesn't matter if they're just on a training contract - as of last year, training contracts are the new development contracts and those players are eligible for the NRL squad post-Round 11.

This idea that Walters had 13 unavailable players (possibly 14 @Morkel, what's the skinny on Bailey?) ergo he couldn't name a full 22 man squad is a fallacy. He could have easily picked Petterson-Robati in his usual position but opted not to.

It doesn't help that the only player really putting their hand up is Coster. Sadly he's too small and had too many birthdays.

Bailey's been suspended. Playing in the lower grades where it's every man for himself, in the centres. He trains a highly structured style with the NRL squad, then on the weekend plays in zero structure where it's all 1980's elbows and knees and cheap shots. He got carried away and roughed someone up, got a couple of weeks.

Speaking with his Dad, they're all staying positive, he's keeping his head up and staying focussed, this is where he just has to keep putting in the hard work and hope there is a reward for it.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • ParraMania
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • BroncosAlways
  • pennywisealfie
  • Sproj
  • Hurrijo
  • Tim K
  • Griffo
  • DrGee
  • Santa
  • Wolfie
  • Strop
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.