PLAYER Blake Mozer

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
I think on what they bring to the team and performances smoothy gets dropped over Walters BUT we are not in the dressing sheds and kevvy made need to drop his son bcos of the perception among the team if he doesn't. The pressure is well and truly on him now...

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I think on what they bring to the team and performances smoothy gets dropped over Walters BUT we are not in the dressing sheds and kevvy made need to drop his son bcos of the perception among the team if he doesn't. The pressure is well and truly on him now...
How has Walters been bringing more than Smoothy: by what metric?

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I don't really care who is dropped out of Walters or Smoothy, if Mozer is not in the 17 next week, I am off Kevvie as head coach. Just done, full stop.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017

Going back Smoothy showed some superior ball skills .
Remember the round the back of the tackler pass ? That cemented him in 1sts Where did that go ?
Although Billy was trying more things around the ruck Saturday night . And I think that`s what Kevvie was taking note of when he said Billy was good too .

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Going back Smoothy showed some superior ball skills .
Remember the round the back of the tackler pass ? That cemented him in 1sts Where did that go ?
Although Billy was trying more things around the ruck Saturday night . And I think that`s what Kevvie was taking note of when he said Billy was good too .
Billy's try was a fine effort, the pantomime with Sloan made good theatre, but he handed possession to the Dragons three times and his tenure at dummy half coincided with them running all over us.

That shouldn't earn him a "played good" from the coach, especially in the context of being asked about another player who clearly lifted the team out of the muck.

I can't get excited about Smoothy but I thought he did his job out of position.

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
Well i guess hes scored more tries and had more try assists so thats a start. But i'm a Smoothy fan too and wouldnt be surprised if either is moved to make way for Mozer. I would prefer Billy because we have relied on him multiple times already this year in the halves. Smoothy is a bit more one dimensional.

I don't think that Mozer should earn a spot as it stands this week anyway. We should be bringing him into first grade in a winning environment or else he will be thrown to the wolves after one bad performance. SImilar to Rogers I guess.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Well i guess hes scored more tries and had more try assists so thats a start. But i'm a Smoothy fan too and wouldnt be surprised if either is moved to make way for Mozer. I would prefer Billy because we have relied on him multiple times already this year in the halves. Smoothy is a bit more one dimensional.

I don't think that Mozer should earn a spot as it stands this week anyway. We should be bringing him into first grade in a winning environment or else he will be thrown to the wolves after one bad performance. SImilar to Rogers I guess.
How could you watch the last game and go back to Billy Walters at 9, pretending that somehow Mozer is "not ready?"

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
How could you watch the last game and go back to Billy Walters at 9, pretending that somehow Mozer is "not ready?"
Because I thought that Billy played a good game ultimately. Even if Mozer plays it wouldnt be starting..

I agree Mozer is ready but at the moment he is being touted as our saviour by all of you anti-fanboys that just hate Billy Walters. Mozer will join him quickly on the trash heap after one poor performance. Kevy usually brings young guys into winning environments which has worked excellently in the past.I trust that he will make the right choice this week regarding Mozer.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Because I thought that Billy played a good game ultimately. Even if Mozer plays it wouldnt be starting..

I agree Mozer is ready but at the moment he is being touted as our saviour by all of you anti-fanboys that just hate Billy Walters. Mozer will join him quickly on the trash heap after one poor performance. Kevy usually brings young guys into winning environments which has worked excellently in the past.I trust that he will make the right choice this week regarding Mozer.
I don't "hate" Billy Walters. But I do think he's a middling ball player in a critical spine position who's already peaked, and he's a looming conflict of interest. There is no speculation left that Mozer is the vastly superior player in that position, who's only getting started. He must be in the team from now on. As for Billy vs Smoothy, I favour Smoothy, but part of that is to move on from the petty bickering over Walters.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
No, he'll get more rope due to his rival's surname.

At least we were spared a 'Mozer is God' thread.
Just block me, dude. I'm occupying too much space in your head.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
There is no speculation left that Mozer is the vastly superior player in that position, who's only getting started.

Be honest with yourself FFS.....

How many minutes has Mozer played at NRL level? Describing him as vastly superior player to BW is your own bias against Billy pouring through.

Yes...he may get there, but he's got a ways to go before he does.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Be honest with yourself FFS.....

How many minutes has Mozer played at NRL level? Describing him as vastly superior player to BW is your own bias against Billy pouring through.

Yes...he may get there, but he's got a ways to go before he does.
I will live on this hill.

Chewed

Chewed

QCup Player
Feb 1, 2017
Get the feeling Mozer will probably be sold off.

No one wants Paix, he'll sit on the books chewing up cap. We'll be shopping him around but can guarantee other clubs will be saying "no to Paix, but we'll take Mozer".

If people keep calling for Mozer over Billy he'll probably get shifted on so Kevvie doesn't have to deal with the pressure of picking a good bench.

Unread

Active Now

• scobie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.